Oct. 31, 2014 vs WOS.... Who you got???

bedelmon

Ok so you have made my point for me..... We have not had that stuff for 12 years..... All the years we were a laughing stock... We have always had the athletes, just not someone like Dubois to get the best out of his kids.... You can say last year was a fluke, this year is a fluke, but what about next year and the year after that? What are you going to say then? Whether you or anyone likes it, we are one of the top teams in this area.... Our kids and coaches believe we are the best!!!!

We are not worried about anyone!!!!! If Tatum beats us, then they beat us... We picked a tough schedule to help us get ready for district and the post season.... We are not the same team we were last year.... You have to remember, we have not been on a weight program for the last 12 years..... You remember when you were in school, freshman and sophomore year you started hitting the iron and got real strong real quick? That's where we are... We are bigger and stronger than ever.... LCM has 2 tackles that are committed D-1 and our defense shut them down all but 1 play.... WOS doesn't have the size or strength we have.... You do however, have lots of speed.... I believe we have enough speed to beat you guys this year... We have the size, strength, work ethic, heart, skills, and a plan..... I'll take those over a little more speed any day...

Totally disagee, WOS strength wise can stack up against any team. Size may slide more to HJ but IMO our O-line is NOT that small. Defensively, we use smaller lineman by design. We prefer the quickness and speed. I doubt HJ is larger than PNG.

What a joke of a thread, the game is a month and a half away, injuries can occur between then, report cards come out twice, players could quit, a whole lot of things can happen between then.

HJ had better focus on one game at a time before focusing on their biggest game of the year over a month away. ;)

You said it BG. Grades will definitely effect one of these teams. I will leave it up to everyone's imagination which team it will be

Okay so heres what my response about grades was based off of. I have no problem Mr. Garrity with your comment because yes that is so true, grades can change everything but do you sir agree with the post that was below yours. So what if no names were mentioned but Ray Charles can see what the comment implies. So I see that you guys all came to the rescue as if I was dead wrong for saying that the post about grades was childish. Mr. Garrity's post is truth the following statement to me is the post i was referring to. If you agree with chuck thats cool too I just dont like comments like that and its an open forum so I deal with it but my response is grow up!!

WOS never a doubt! Dubois has done tremendous things in the last two years for HJ and the players have done their part! Now it will be up to the parents to urge the school board to dig deep in their rainy day fund to keep him grounded in SL.

Grades are a reality that should be stressed to each student. If a kid will stay on top of his grades then he will take care of his assignments on the field.

Grades are as much if not more part of the team than practice, or the stud QB. Over the years I have seen countless programs effected by grades. If you don't buy that then you are living in the past. I am not pointing out ANY school because this rule applies to them all. If a kid let's their grades slip then that is as bad if not worse than skipping practice and should be dealt with by the coaches and parents immediately. 

These kids are Student Athletes, not Athletic Students.

Guys, I've gotta say.... This is good cheap entertainment.... I love reading how some of you come up  with these hypothesis on why you think one team is better than the other..... We are a 4A DII school with 8 guys 6'2" or better, 4 of which are 6'5"... 3 of which are benching 300 or better... That's not including the 6'1" or lower benching almost 300. Dude, I don't care what school you go to or how many years past you have been to a State Championship, keep thinking we don't belong and see where that gets ya...  Congratulations on the big PNG win, we probably couldn't stay in the stadium with those guys.... Whatever, keep dreamin.... HJ will play anyone.....  

Pigskin has you guys beating La Marque and meeting us in the Quarters in the latest projections.  Should be fun if it holds true.

Here are the playoff projections for Prep's final four in each division, those being
Stephenville, Kennedale, Navasota and La Vernia in Division 1 and Celina, Gilmer
West Orange Stark and Geronimo Navarro.

Division 1

Stephenville

Bi-district - Beat Burkburnett by 43
Area - Beat Levelland by 32
Regional - Beat Big Spring by 12
Quarter-finals - Beat Graham by 1

Kennedale

Bi-district - Beat Wilmer-Hutchins by 41
Area - Beat Athens by 33
Regional - Beat Sanger by 23
Quarter-finals - Beat Argyle by 4

Navasota

Bi-district - Beat Freeport Brazosport by 45
Area - Beat Tyler Chapel Hill by 30
Regional - Beat Kilgore by 18
Quarter-finals - Beat West Columbia by 22

La Vernia

Bi-district - Beat RGC La Frulla by 38
Area - Beat Boerne by 10
Regional - Beat Robinson by 6
Quarter-finals - Beat Liberty Hill by 6

Division 2

Celina

Bi-district - Beat Ferris by 35
Area - Beat Monahans by 13
Regional - Beat Vernon by 7
Quarter-finals - Beat Sweetwater by 14

Gilmer

Bi-district - Beat Center by 35
Area - Beat Shepherd by 29
Regional - Beat Atlanta by 12
Quarter-finals - Beat Gladewater by 9

West Orange Stark

Bi-district - Beat Houston Scarborough by 79 (not a typo)
Area - Beat Bellville by 19
Regional - Beat La Grange by 3
Quarter-finals - Beat Hardin jefferson by 14

Geronimo Navarro

Bi-district - Beat Crystal City by 42
Area - Beat Yoakum by 4 
Regional - Beat Cuero by 1
Quart-finals - Beat Orange Grove by 1

That may be true what bedelmon is saying BUT how do we know if they have 10 kids that bench 300? Besides the point you may or you may have those kids but are they gonna be fast enough to catch and stop wos rb? Or the pass I sure hope y'all have a good secondary for the wideouts wos has. But I'm gonna end it with this and put my money where my mouth is cause I'm tired of reading his ridiculous post. So I will bet you 300 bucks on this game bedelmon what do you say?

Pigskin has you guys beating La Marque and meeting us in the Quarters in the latest projections.  Should be fun if it holds true.

Here are the playoff projections for Prep's final four in each division, those being
Stephenville, Kennedale, Navasota and La Vernia in Division 1 and Celina, Gilmer
West Orange Stark and Geronimo Navarro.Division 1Stephenville
Bi-district - Beat Burkburnett by 43
Area - Beat Levelland by 32
Regional - Beat Big Spring by 12
Quarter-finals - Beat Graham by 1Kennedale
Bi-district - Beat Wilmer-Hutchins by 41
Area - Beat Athens by 33
Regional - Beat Sanger by 23
Quarter-finals - Beat Argyle by 4Navasota
Bi-district - Beat Freeport Brazosport by 45
Area - Beat Tyler Chapel Hill by 30
Regional - Beat Kilgore by 18
Quarter-finals - Beat West Columbia by 22La Vernia
Bi-district - Beat RGC La Frulla by 38
Area - Beat Boerne by 10
Regional - Beat Robinson by 6
Quarter-finals - Beat Liberty Hill by 6Division 2Celina
Bi-district - Beat Ferris by 35
Area - Beat Monahans by 13
Regional - Beat Vernon by 7
Quarter-finals - Beat Sweetwater by 14Gilmer
Bi-district - Beat Center by 35
Area - Beat Shepherd by 29
Regional - Beat Atlanta by 12
Quarter-finals - Beat Gladewater by 9West Orange Stark
Bi-district - Beat Houston Scarborough by 79 (not a typo)
Area - Beat Bellville by 19
Regional - Beat La Grange by 3
Quarter-finals - Beat Hardin jefferson by 14
Geronimo Navarro
Bi-district - Beat Crystal City by 42
Area - Beat Yoakum by 4 
Regional - Beat Cuero by 1
Quart-finals - Beat Orange Grove by 1

Stephenville would have the toughest road in D1, wouldn't be surprised if Big Spring beats them if they face off in the playoffs. Graham is no joke either.

I figured Sweetwater would be good this yr. Celina would have a tough road in D2.

bedelmon you talk like a man with a wooden neck. WOS will dominate HJ with s swarming defense and balanced offense. HJ got extremely lucky last year with their patty cake teams they drew on the first rounds of the playoffs. If OF wins that close game against y'all for that last playoff spot, they go just as far. So please humble yourself. You should feel wonderful if HJ keeps it inside 20 pts

Guys, I've gotta say.... This is good cheap entertainment.... I love reading how some of you come up  with these hypothesis on why you think one team is better than the other..... We are a 4A DII school with 8 guys 6'2" or better, 4 of which are 6'5"... 3 of which are benching 300 or better... That's not including the 6'1" or lower benching almost 300. Dude, I don't care what school you go to or how many years past you have been to a State Championship, keep thinking we don't belong and see where that gets ya...  Congratulations on the big PNG win, we probably couldn't stay in the stadium with those guys.... Whatever, keep dreamin.... HJ will play anyone.....  

Does anyone else think that he is describing himself as well? You just enlightened us to one of your hypothesis by saying that yall are big and can bench 300#. Don't get so upset just because were not going to give you the win on paper based off of size or who you have beaten so far. That is ludicrous, our motto at WOS is "DON'T TELL ME SHOW ME" if yall win then congratulations and good luck on the season. I am actually proud to see them doing better. A true fan wants to see kids improve and play to the best of their ability because remember at the end of the day, they are young men having fun. No disrespect but were tired of playing games that are 49-0 or 59-6 or better yet 70-7 whatever they have been! I know thats gotta get old for you as well so yes be proud but if you want the Title of District Champ then tell them that I said Come Get That ISH!!!!! Let the Royal Rumble Begin!!

I am sure WOS is probably shaking in their cleats right now thinking about those kids that are 6'5" 300lb bench pressing machines. This is funny stuff! Here is my hypothesis! Pen and paper don't earn respect and neither does setxsports forums only what's being done on the field! HJ has had tremendous success last year and this year so far! To put into perspective HJ does have a chance to win district just like everyone else but can they continue on this winning path! Oh yea. Coach T is a mastermind in stopping the run game so you might have to go to the air just a little, but that might be difficult too. No doubt about it WOS and HJ should be a great game, Come Halloween, reality shows up dressed as a MUSTANG!

Ice water. Please tell me how mentioning grades is childish! Unless of course you struggle with those issues. I can promise that there will be several kids not playing because of grades. Yes WOS will BE one of them I'm sure. But make no mistake, this doesn't reflect on the coaches or teachers because Coach T goes above and beyond to make sure the kids take care of their assignments. So with that said it falls on the kid and parents to make sure this doesn't happen. So please, please tell me how mentioning something about grades being a factor in whether a kid plays or not CHILDISH.? Sounds like your the child,so drink some ice water and CHILL!