Oct. 31, 2014 vs WOS.... Who you got???

bedelmon

Just for clarification, YES HJ has lost players to grades in every sport, it is a real issue for ALL schools. And by real issue I mean a GOOD thing. Don't pass don't play has been the best thing that has ever happened to some athletes. I work with an athlete from the "olden times" he made it through grade school, middle school, high school, college, and had a decent pro career in Europe. Sadly this man probably has about a 5th grade education level. He is a product of what our society once was pass him on his athletic ability and not his intellect and for that SHAME ON US.

Now he is a man struggling because his career is over and he has no qualifications for a higher paying job

I believe in my kids and my team and you guys just go off!!!! That is hilarious...

SHAME on you bedelmon for having faith in a team that your sons are playing for and not being afraid to voice that faith. You should be on other team threads tearing down, demeaning, belittling, and degrading kids that you have NOTHING to do with.

there are several regular posters in here that can show you how it is done,(but  I wont say names)

Here's a question for you guys: which players on the each team would make the other team significantly better? I'm not asking who you think could start for the other team but REALLY make an impact.

I haven't seen enough of HJ (not at all this season other than highlights) to intelligently answer this question so I'm curious as to your thoughts. Obviously, Padgett would fit that bill for HJ and D Thompson for WOS, but who else?

I ask the question because I've always found this to be a good way to compare teams. It doesn't always determine who wins a game (of course), but I've found it does more often than not.

Here's a question for you guys: which players on the each team would make the other team significantly better? I'm not asking who you think could start for the other team but REALLY make an impact.

I haven't seen enough of HJ (not at all this season other than highlights) to intelligently answer this question so I'm curious as to your thoughts. Obviously, Padgett would fit that bill for HJ and D Thompson for WOS, but who else?

I ask the question because I've always found this to be a good way to compare teams. It doesn't always determine who wins a game (of course), but I've found it does more often than not.

Coach dubois' kid would definitely start on most of not all team is his district. Can't remember his name though. I'll say this it definitely hurt Vidor to lose him.

So as I suspected, this just isn't a WOS problem. It happens at LCM, BC, Silsbee etc. I have to say that I notice it more at a sub varsity level than varsity level. Maybe the kids learn their lesson early and realize if they want to play varsity they better keep their grades up

It's even worse in middle school.  

Go head and mark me down as 1 who fails to realize the talent.... Blain Padgett, Roe Wilkins, Aaron Edelmon, Josh Persohn, Camden Dubois, Josh Jack, Talon Tilley, Logan Thompson and a few others could start on any team in SETX.... You can believe that!!!!!

How many of these kids played varsity last year?