Orangefield @ Lumberton

jordibug15

This is a new group of kids that have come up through the years in school playing together and they understand each others dynamics and flow. More than the majority aren't responsible for the past defeats. They will only get stronger and better over time so, let the good times roll!

You lost to HF who just got ran by EC. Lumberton is improved but hard to go downhill from losing 20+ in a row. This will be a good close ball game that Orangefield definitely has a chance of winning.

In an earlier post you said, " But tap the breaks Raiders. OF will beat HF and they will beat you on Friday. Enjoy last week's win a little. It might be awhile before your next one". So, are you now saying that OF "has a chance to win". Doesn't sound as confident this time.

Maybe it should be, Wow, one win and the Lumberton detractors come out of the woodwork. Lumbertons' D looked a bit better this past week than the week before. The offense rolled on until the coach took his foot off the gas, something he should do to give other players a chance to play. The boys did correct some of the mistakes they were making on week 1 and hopefully that will continue in to district. Lumberton will have at least 3 wins this year and with some determination and continued improvement may pull off one or two more. If Orangefield is as good as some of you imply than I expect the starters to stay in longer. Lumberton should be picked to win this one and I think we will handily. 

I am not a detractor.  As I said earlier, I was commenting on the bandwagon fans that come out when Lumberton finally had some success. And some of the wild stuff that is being said now that they have ONE win.  

In an earlier post you said, " But tap the breaks Raiders. OF will beat HF and they will beat you on Friday. Enjoy last week's win a little. It might be awhile before your next one". So, are you now saying that OF "has a chance to win". Doesn't sound as confident this time.

Not confident at all. This is a very tough game to pick. The only thing I am confident in is that it will be a close game. I would give a slight edge to OF but can see this game going either way. Definitely don't see the blowout a lot are predicting on here.

Hard to know what either team really has yet. I'll take the Bobcats in a high scoring close game. Real interested in seeing what the Bobcats will do. This should most of the L-Train group that played WOS in the STFL Junior championship a few years back. they gave us a great game. They played real hard. Good luck to both teams.

I'm going to try and use logic here and say Lumberton wins in a close one. OF has lost to
two different 3A Div 1 teams Buna in a close one and lopsided loss, but sounded like a close game to Kirbyville 42-27. Kirbyville has played a common opponent of Lumberton in BC and beat them by a pretty similar score. So I would say Lumberton 42 OF 34. I have seen both Lumberton games and the defense has to find a way to stop giving up the big play on defense. I thought the offensive passing game against HF was non existant, but had a very nice balanced attack against BC with some nice down the field passes to the WR's. I think the loss to HF was kind of a fluke, but a Loss is a Loss. I hope that Coach Haynes can change the culture of football in Lumberton to a winning culture.

Wow, one win and the lumberton backers come out of the woodwork.  LOL.

Back in February, I made the following prediction.  I've seen nothing that would make me change this prediction.  Still over .500 record and playoffs.  Some of us bump our gums just a little less than others.  Now back into the woodwork I go.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Raiders will be over .500 for the season.  It's just a prediction but I'll go out on a limb and say they will also make the playoffs.  At the end of this season, I believe it will look similar to what PNG and HJ did in their respective districts last season.  Now, go ahead and rip it to shreds.  They could use some fresh bulletin board material.   ;)

Just please show up after the game on here and explain why it didn't work out this way. And i don't want to hear about how Lumberton was supposed to win because there are more predictions against than for Lumberton.

Here :D

I can't do any of the explaining you wanted though. As I thought, went down to the wire. Sounds like it was an exciting game.