Ec at Tarkington predictions

wackpack

Horns are big up front and have had alot of success in years past with this group of seniors. They mesh well together. Going to be a tough game for both teams, but don't be surprised to see Tarkington come away with this one. I'm going to say Horns by a TD

Please define "alot of success in years past with this group of seniors"

I'm not remembering Tarkington being any good at anything ever...aside from volleyball.

As freshman they won a district title in football but that's about it.

Considering most teams in that district probably don't have a freshmen team...

Even teams that do have freshmen teams play their best freshmen on JV or varsity. So they were the best group of freshmen in the district that didn't have freshmen good enough to play up.

Yeah...that's not success.

Considering most teams in that district probably don't have a freshmen team...

Even teams that do have freshmen teams play their best freshmen on JV or varsity. So they were the best group of freshmen in the district that didn't have freshmen good enough to play up.

Yeah...that's not success.

That's not entirely correct most schools and coaches try to keep their freshman classes together unless that kid is able to play on Friday nights they normally leave them on the Freshman team. Everyone in the district had a freshman team that year including Coldspring and Cleveland who always have better athletes then Tarkington. While it is not great success and not a big deal to most it is an accomplishment for that class and hopefully it shows during their senior year.

I can assure you that it won't make much of an impact

Hardin jv won our district last year

Do you think Hardin can beat Kountze this year with that same class? No SIR

No I do not but with a good freshman class and success throughout their HS career they can be improved at the varsity level is all I'm saying.

I thought EC had a bigger following on here?

We read the board but don't post too much.  Rather do our thing on the field.  We've been in the playoffs for close to 20 years in a row so there is no need to constantly run off  at the mouth like a few of the posters on here do.  I guess they are just now seeing some success with their program and don't know how to handle it.  As far as predictions go, I think EC has too much speed for Tarkington and will get the win.  I don't think any team will go unbeaten this year in our district.

Guest ECBucFan

Very well said 2005!

It would be a mistake for the avoidance of chest thumping and lack of trash talking to be misperceived as a lack of passion from the fans of EC. We bleed Green & Gold. Go Bucs! B)