BYU @ The University of Texas

whatnamecanipick

Looks like Kyle field on TV right now.

6th Street makes everything better.

Actually we're feeling pretty good about our team, and not just because of tonight. Please do keep trying to take digs at us though, whatever makes you feel better. Enjoy your team's continued success and putting that "T" in different places

Looks like Kyle Field.

A&M fans had to wait for 2 hours + for  the Kick Off and the stands were still full - FOR LAMAR.  How many Texas fans would have stayed for that long - I think not near as many.

Old Timer, try to make one post without mentioning Ags/UT. It can be done. This is a BYU/UT thread.

Game Synopsis

Offense – D

The offensive line play was terrible as expected. OL was incapable of providing RB any room to run. Only until OC Watson had loosened the Cougars up with the short passing game, there were no positive rushing yards. Too many three and outs. Coach Watson must find a way to extend drives. QB play was average and really did not hurt the offense overall. Swoopes was adequate but it still seems that the speed of the game has not slowed for him at all. His decision making was 90% spot on. Receiver play average with Harris again being the standout. Why does M. Johnson continue to be a no-show after coaches have been drooling over him. Special Teams I give a F. Another missed FG and a fumble

Defense –C

Played lights out in the first half considering no offensive help. Second half different story with missed tackles and players in he wrong spot. DC Bedford makes no excuses and said performance was unacceptable. This was even when the reporter tried to blame poor offensive production. Coach Bedford exemplifies team play.

Overall

Was I happy with the loss?  HELL NO

Team is still playing better than in any game we lost last year. I feel better this morning than after the Alamo Bowl.

UCLA next – Optimistic to see some improvements.  Coaches coach better after losses. I hope that we get the suspended players back, someday.

WNCIP  #SPCFBG

Game Synopsis

Offense – D

The offensive line play was terrible as expected. OL was incapable of providing RB any room to run. Only until OC Watson had loosened the Cougars up with the short passing game, there were no positive rushing yards. Too many three and outs. Coach Watson must find a way to extend drives. QB play was average and really did not hurt the offense overall. Swoopes was adequate but it still seems that the speed of the game has not slowed for him at all. His decision making was 90% spot on. Receiver play average with Harris again being the standout. Why does M. Johnson continue to be a no-show after coaches have been drooling over him. Special Teams I give a F. Another missed FG and a fumble

Defense –C

Played lights out in the first half considering no offensive help. Second half different story with missed tackles and players in he wrong spot. DC Bedford makes no excuses and said performance was unacceptable. This was even when the reporter tried to blame poor offensive production. Coach Bedford exemplifies team play.

Overall

Was I happy with the loss?  HELL NO

Team is still playing better than in any game we lost last year. I feel better this morning than after the Alamo Bowl.

UCLA next – Optimistic to see some improvements.  Coaches coach better after losses. I hope that we get the suspended players back, someday.

WNCIP  #SPCFBG

1-1 with 10 games to play. Most rational UT fans new this year would be tough. Thought they played well on defense for 3/4 of the game. They just need to work on that other 1/4. Lots of positives on defense.

Offense was flat out terrible. Turnovers, no push up front, no running game. Tougher fix on offense. Not going to be very good.

#Coachemupchuck
"It's an embarrassment," Strong said. "It's an embarrassment to this program. It's an embarrassment to this university. And I knew it, and I didn't do anything about it, and I take responsibility and all the blame for this loss."

here is you link

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddV19?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=texas-longhorns-football

"Strong said he sensed his team was going to be embarrassed again after watching them during warm-ups.

"Just the whole demeanor. Just how they took the field. Just how they carried themselves," Strong said. "If you've been around long enough, you know. I knew that. I told them that before we ever went out. I said we're not ready to play. When you're not ready to play, this is a good football team, and we're probably going to go out here and get embarrassed."