NEDERLAND VS CROSBY- LET'S GET IT STARTED

he is big athletic and is the main reason Ned worries me when they play dayton.

I wouldnt worry about them beating Dayton this year. What i mean by that is; they are young and it will take them a few games to gel as a team. They will be a different team in week 2 then they will be in week 10( as most teams will) but Dayton will be the better team in week 2 because of experience. If I worried about anything it would be the fact that your playing them in Nederland. All the breaks seem to work out their way at Bulldog Stadium

For the puppies sake I hope Seay doesn't get ran into the ground (overused) or gets injured.

I think that's exactly what they're going to do. He would have been their Kimler of this year and most likely the only kid that would've caused Crosby a matchup problem. Last year Kimler single handedly kept Ned in the game averaging over 27 ypc and scoring twice. The reason I say they ran him into the ground is because even after he was knocked out cold on a crack-back block Ned still ran him out there because he gave them their best chance to win. Having a taller kid like Seay run the read option Neumann was talking about will expose him to a lot of lower body punishment from kids coming downhill on him when he keeps it. Hopefully he stays upright though so Ned fans wouldn't have any excuses when we sent them home for the third consecutive time in bi-district since they improve so much during the season. 

I think that's exactly what they're going to do. He would have been their Kimler of this year and most likely the only kid that would've caused Crosby a matchup problem. Last year Kimler single handedly kept Ned in the game averaging over 27 ypc and scoring twice. The reason I say they ran him into the ground is because even after he was knocked out cold on a crack-back block Ned still ran him out there because he gave them their best chance to win. Having a taller kid like Seay run the read option Neumann was talking about will expose him to a lot of lower body punishment from kids coming downhill on him when he keeps it. Hopefully he stays upright though so Ned fans wouldn't have any excuses when we sent them home for the third consecutive time in bi-district since they improve so much during the season.

Drop it like it's Hotttt!!!!

Coug, you have absolutely no clue how tough this kid is. Sage is as tough as they come and they are taking care of him, he didn't play a down of defense.

Coug, you have absolutely no clue how tough this kid is. Sage is as tough as they come and they are taking care of him, he didn't play a down of defense.

I saw Kimler get put to sleep then come back in and play his butt off. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he was pretty tough. I never said Sage wasn't tough, it's hard to be effective over a full season getting hit multiple times in your knees and thighs over the course of a game and season. There's a picture in the Enterprise from the WOS scrimmage that shows what I'm talking about. Merka was 6-3 and about 215 and had the same issues from time to time.

Well hopefully in a week we can have this figured out. I look for a good game and hope no kid gets injured. Not just so there can be no excuses, but because they are kids. I will make the drive to crosby. I wish bigcam could go so he could take that shot from cougar14. Not that it would hurt cause coug is prolly 5-5 buck twenty

Well hopefully in a week we can have this figured out. I look for a good game and hope no kid gets injured. Not just so there can be no excuses, but because they are kids. I will make the drive to crosby. I wish bigcam could go so he could take that shot from cougar14. Not that it would hurt cause coug is prolly 5-5 buck twenty

Lol, I will try to make a Crosby game. The Twins are related to one of my co-workers. I get good info on the Cougs all the time. I know Crosby has a great talent Pool, I've only watched them once, the OT heartbreaker for my Panthers in the Playoffs 2 years ago. Good Luck to both squads

It is getting to be that time. It's put up or shut up. Hard to believe that a bunch of adults are counting on a bunch of kids to back up the trash talk on a message board. These kids have a lil pressure on em no doubt. I for one don't wanna kiss coug14 on the hind end. Come on dogs

lol !!! Not gonna keep Coug14 off this board after this game.

Actually I'm a little over 6' and closer to 220. Not as vascular as I used to be but I still got up 4 wheels on the bench press for Lil' Coug and his buddies the other day in the garage. I'll abstain from anything further on your comment. Hopefully I will make a preview show this year though.

Gee, I just hope we can compete. We have never played anyone the caliber of Crosby.

It's not about the caliber of team, it's the matchups that cause issues. If Ned can't dominate at the line of scrimmage there's usually no second act. I just think Ned will struggle against the Cougars in Crosby while they try to find an offensive identity, while at the same time being blown off the ball defensively. Of course Ned will be better later but I think they'll have a hard time with the tempo Crosby will play at while they're getting it figured out.

I keep it toned down. I do have a couple of jokes about grown a#$ men barking like dogs though. It's hard to do too much trash talking when deep down your opponent probably knows they're leaving with an L before they even show up.

welp, hard for me to disagree with that.

Looks like their stadium only holds 5K per Tex Bob's site.  Better bring some lawn chairs.

What??? Is that true? Only 5K?

Can't be. A 5A school with all that DI talent year after year and with such a storied history has a stadium that holds half the amount as little ole 4A Silsbee's Tiger Stadium (10,000)?

What's up with that?