MBC is proud to announce Umpire Training and Development Classes

Coach Myers

Guadalupe Estrada has joined MBC to offer his skills and knowledge to help improve the Game.

MBC will open an Umpire Training and Development Classes for any individuals who wish to: Become an Umpire, Gain/Share Knowledge and Experience in Officiating, or simply Umpires who want actual practice and repetition work in their Ball/Strike calling skills, Field positioning and calling skills - any thing we can think of to work in bettering the abilities of the Authorities of the Game.

MBC believes that by working to better the Officials who call the Game our Players participate in, we can create a better learning environment for our Players to truly understand the "in's and out's of the Game." *1 of the 5 Point of Views taught by MBC*

This is perfect for anyone ages 17- 65+  This service is intended to offer knowledge and practice for people to better their Baseball Officiating Skills, regardless of experience or level of officiating (Little League - Div. 1) We are here to share our knowledge to you.

Starting Sept. 13 - MBC will host a multitude of Umpire Training Opportunities until the Christmas Holiday Break

For more information - please visit: http://www.myersbaseball.com/umpire-training.html

I just want to know what makes him think he is the all mighty guru of baseball. We have guys in this area that have gone way farther in their careers then this guy and have giving back to the community way more then him. Look at the facilities that have opened up with the great instructors they have. You have Morgan and Jason opened up SETXBA and Brian who opened up Athelete''s. Plus there is the Sundevils organization and Sam Moore. All of these guys have proven track records for their careers. This guy has not proven anything except that he knows how to play chess and the way he conducts hisself on here says a lot for his immaturity. I would much rather my son play for someone who is proven and conducts theirselves in a mature manor such as Prospects, Gladiators or Sundevils.

It's because I don't think I am the 'all mighty guru of Baseball' and that I still work to study/learn the Game - especially the Coaching/Managing side of the Game.  

Funny, but I can remember comments from you, during our time together at Athlete's, complimenting my attention to detail and how effective I have shown to coach *whether it was the 14U team I had, or after tryouts when we'd all meet together and discuss our notes from the players who tried out - can't remember a face to face interaction where you weren't 'positive' towards my work.

I don't know where I did anything personally to you - even during the whole 'potential roster movement' within Athletes (regarding one of your players) where his father approached me and the FIRST thing after my practice I did was talk to your little brother about it, and then call you on the way home about it to be as 'professionally-courteous' as possible to my coworkers.  Every phone and face-to-face interaction I've had with you, to my knowledge, has never been anything 'ill-mannered' towards you.  Hell, to be real, I never knew you had a beef with me until the posts you posted about me on here after "the meeting" I had with my 12U parents - hell man, we played on the Jays together for the MSBL and never seemed to have any problems 

I appreciate the Chess shout out because I take great pride in my Chess Game (though my online rating is only 1425 - like baseball, still much for me to learn to improve)

If you feel I act "immature" then why not be glad I'm no longer affiliated with the organization you represent?  If I am so 'under qualified' and 'have no proven track record' then who am I to have any influence on your thoughts, emotions, or actions to even speak out against?

All I know is that you obviously have a personal distaste for me, and I don't know what I did to you to cause it...but hey, that's life I suppose - and I've learned through the short-time I have been involved as a Coach, that I will never please everyone - so I don't try to.

Allen, I have big respect for your Game and how you played the Game.  The crazy deceptive pickoff move and pitching backwards with an emphasis on your inside slider to Right Handed Hitters is a weapon I saw you master, and felt you raised the bar (in this area) when it came to Pitching.  I was even a fan of how ferocious you swung the stick, and can vividly remember seeing you park a deep shot against LCM at Vincent-Beck to take Game 1 of the Reg. Finals in 04 (want to say it was off of Cloeren) - but it seems we are not on the same page when it comes to Coaching. I hope one day we can share the field in peace again - but I do not shy away from rivals, nor competition (To be honest...I welcome it.  It only brings out more intensity in competition -  and I eat that up)

All I know is you proclaim against my "maturity" and how "I would much rather my son play for someone who is proven and conducts theirselves in a mature manner such as Prospects, Gladiators, or Sundevils."  however plenty of people in the stands at Marauder Park saw me extend my hand to you at home plate, and you refusing to shake my hand at the start of the game...hmm...

As far as "being proven" or "guys in this area have gone way farther in their careers than me" - ok, cool.  Anybody with a brain stem can put my resume to another's and see where many others went further - but if you seriously think that being a "proven player" is what qualifies you as a "proven coach" - then I think there is much to the Game you have to learn as well.

I'll see you on the field again - I'm hoping we don't need to succumb to these forms of communication to "proclaim our stances" especially if were are going to be nothing but spiteful towards each other.  We both have each other's phone number - we can communicate directly.  

Same thing I offer to others - leave me alone and let me do my thing, and I'll leave you alone to do your thing and see you on the field.  There's no reason we can't be civil - especially if we are both in the business of "leading young adults."

Wish you all the best man, 

- BJ Myers

I am not Allen. I don't even have a kid that has played for you. My son is in a different age group then what you have coached. My BEEF with you is you come on here and act like you are Gods gift to baseball and are better then the rest of those who have proven track records. These guys don't have to promote themselves and brag about what they can do. Their results speak for them. Even when they first opened there respectable facilities they never bragged about themselves like you do. Maybe you could be a decent coach but you are going about it the wrong way and making a bad rep for yourself by the way you are trying to promote yourself and trying to put down these other respectable organizations. They have proven coaches and have the the respect of a lot of people in this area because of the product they have put out and don't bash other organizations as you have. If you want your little team to succeed I suggest you take notes from these other organizations and learn from them how to operate rather then come on here and compare yourself to them when you have nothing to stand on as for as a proven record.

Well...major swing and miss on my part.  I appreciate Allen getting a hold of me over the phone, and after he reassured me he is not Coach85 (and I see you open with that very statement) - which is relieving because I hadn't known of a personal issue between us that wasn't resolved already - so things make much more sense now.

I was in the wrong on this one to throw him under the bus, I am sorry - not trying to act all "PC" on the apology, but I will own up for being 100% wrong with my response.  Since he is not Coach85, Allen literally did nothing to provoke a response with me 'throwing some jabs' at him - so the egg is on my face.  I'll own.

I wish you the best of luck as well Allen, and I reported my response to the Admins - My bad man.

- For a "blanket statement" to the post - I "promote myself" because if I don't, nobody will.  I don't have the support that "proven coaches" have because I am building my Coaching Career to become "proven" and with the "feathers I've ruffled" already, if anybody speaks about me - it's often ignorant to the situation and negative.

It's 2014 - and I simply look at it as "marketing."  Call it what you will - but if playing the "heel" in Southeast Texas Baseball is what keeps me in people's minds, then I would be dumb to ignore the potential interest I could generate.  How many Coaches are active in 5+ years of coaching, and how many teams do you see created just within setx...? ...and yet I can't think of many of their names  - so by being the target of these 'already established organizations' only proves to me that I am making good progress.  (Just like the politcal party system...Ya the Dem. hate the Rep....but they will work together to always maintain that the choice will only be between a Dem. or Rep.  They won't allow a 3rd party to survive just to keep it in control of the 2 parties)

I've posted less than 40 posts in my entire time on this site...and many of them have over 400 views, plus there were series of posts made about me, from others, that generated over 1,000 views.  I literally didn't have to post anything, and people were viewing/posting about me...seems like an opportunity to me.  I look at this as: Turn Lemons into Lemonade - and I do not have the "bells and whistles" that comes from the already established organizations.  I have to create with the most modest resources you can imagine...and in the 2 very short years I've spent as a full-time Coach for youth baseball - the training is effective.  Different? Absolutely  Has it never been done?  Haha, of course not.  The game is over 100 years old.

...so, how does one materialize an idea into the area with already established baseball community, competing with countless people who can provide greater resume's to the public - who already have made a decision they feel comfortable with years previous?

You call it "promoting myself" "immaturity" or even "under qualified compared to the other options"

I call it: "getting noticed"  "maximizing an opportunity"  and "disrupting the current status-quo of the baseball community"

- As far as a more accurately response directed to the right person - I am not furthering the conversation unless you sign your name to your posts.  Not being confrontational, I just know I can avoid making the same mistake twice if I knew exactly whom I am speaking with.

All the best, and again Allen - my bad man,

- BJ Myers