WHERE THE TALENT COMES FROM

My cousin is a coach at North Shore and he keeps harping on me about sending my sons there. He told me North Shore has produced more D1 recruits than any other high school in Texas since 1995. I tell him it's due to enrollment, he says it's because NS keeps the staff loaded with ex-nfl players so the kids work hard to be the next one. After our discussion I decided to check who produces the most college talent in the state and ran across this instead, thought it was pretty interesting.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=9f143504-abdb-40d6-b956-a9f54a3c6e0c

My cousin is a coach at North Shore and he keeps harping on me about sending my sons there. He told me North Shore has produced more D1 recruits than any other high school in Texas since 1995. I tell him it's due to enrollment, he says it's because NS keeps the staff loaded with ex-nfl players so the kids work hard to be the next one. After our discussion I decided to check who produces the most college talent in the state and ran across this instead, thought it was pretty interesting.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=9f143504-abdb-40d6-b956-a9f54a3c6e0c

Great info.  I'm still interested though in the info you set out looking for.  Which high schools put out the most college scholarship players?  It could be reported as D1 (FBS/FCS) or it could list it as any NCAA scholarship.  Also interested in the period of time used.  Why did this article from Maxpreps choose to use 21 years.  Just seems odd to not choose 15, 20, 25 etc.  Could have even said "since 1990" but that would have still been 24 years, not 21.  Guess that's when they started keeping up with the data.

Great info.  I'm still interested though in the info you set out looking for.  Which high schools put out the most college scholarship players?  It could be reported as D1 (FBS/FCS) or it could list it as any NCAA scholarship.  Also interested in the period of time used.  Why did this article from Maxpreps choose to use 21 years.  Just seems odd to not choose 15, 20, 25 etc.  Could have even said "since 1990" but that would have still been 24 years, not 21.  Guess that's when they started keeping up with the data.

The only article I found on it was this one. It only talks about the last dozen years though. As far as sending total kids to college I would think the list goes/closely resembles

1. North Shore
2. Dallas Skyline
3. DeSoto
4. Allen
5. Spring Westfield

I remember the Texans playing the Ravens and 4 NS players being on the field. I'm sure there's guys like Tiki Hardeman and Willie Gadsen who played in the NFL from other schools that aren't on this list.

http://m.yourhoustonnews.com/archives/klein-forest-grad-tells-amazing-story-of-north-shore-football/article_cf7db9f8-9479-59d7-b209-0ba2e772ee14.html?mode=jqm

Proves that NFL caliber talent alone does not win state championships. 

Also shows that for the past 5 years no one is really spitting out NFL caliber talent in vast numbers.

North Shore regularly goes undefeated during the season. I believe they won nearly 80 straight regular season games at one point, coaching has always been their issue. They've boycotted on signing day and most recently attacked the coach after another bad playoff loss. They're the most talented team in the state and send kids to the NFL at a pretty good clip which is why you'll never see a fan base more peeved about winning 12 or 13 games every year. So yeah, with all the talent in the state you still need a good coach to guide them.

West brook??? Il be honest I didn't expect to see them there.

A little flashback to the early 70s.

NFL Films, which was based in Philadelphia, had a full crew in Beaumont taping a feature for the NFL Today. It would be titled Beaumont: Pipeline to the Pros

At the time of this film, there were 16 'starters' in the NFL from Beaumont.  The names of high schools might have changed, but the bloodlines are still all over Beaumont and the Golden Triangle. Very rich in talent.

Interesting. Nice to see some local schools on that list. Surprised with West Brook and Central. Wos must have just missed the list. I thought they had atleast 4. Kevin Smith 1st round, Earl Thomas 1st round. Also, Chris Cole,I believe, was drafted by the Broncos. Kerry Bennet, Brian and Kendal Cleveland I think played in the pros undrafted. Seems they had 4 though....im overlooking someone...

PAM has/had three for sure(Jamal, Danny Gorrer, and James Johnson), but PA as a whole:
Joe Washington
Tim McKyer
R.C Mullins
Shockmain Davis
Patrick Palmer
Jordan Babineaux
Jonathan Babineaux
Kevin Everett
Jammal Charles
Danny Gorrer
James Johnson

might be missing a few more

I know one that could have. Shaunderrick(sp?)

To answer the question in the title of this thread, the loins.

David Whitmore, Greg Evans, and Thomas Evrett, all from Daingerfield, we're all playing in the NFL at the same time in the early 90's... Pretty impressive for a town with a population of less than 2,000. Granted this was 20 years ago, but still somewhat impressive.

I might actually lean more towards ShanDerrick Charles over Jamaal before he got hurt. He was actually faster and had better cuts. At SMU he broke Eric Dickerson's freshman record. Sad thing he finds out he has two stress fractures in his back when lifting weights. Couldn't recover and says his back still hurts to this day. Jamaal has said multiple times his brother was better than him in high school.  

David Whitmore, Greg Evans, and Thomas Evrett, all from Daingerfield, we're all playing in the NFL at the same time in the early 90's... Pretty impressive for a town with a population of less than 2,000. Granted this was 20 years ago, but still somewhat impressive.

Wasn't Willie Everett also in the league for a while? That '83 Daingerfield team may be the best I ever saw. 8 points allowed the whole season, none in the playoffs. I forget how many players went D1 that year from this 3A HS but it was impressive. Saw them a couple of times that year and no one was even close to playing with them.

PAM has/had three for sure(Jamal, Danny Gorrer, and James Johnson), but PA as a whole:

Joe Washington

Tim McKyer

R.C Mullins

Shockmain Davis

Patrick Palmer

Jordan Babineaux

Jonathan Babineaux

Kevin Everett

Jammal Charles

Danny Gorrer

James Johnson

might be missing a few more

For some reason probably the most successful in terms of winning (National Championship - LSU and Super Bowl - New England Patriots) Eric Alexander from SFA usually gets overlooked on these lists. Not just this one.

I might actually lean more towards ShanDerrick Charles over Jamaal before he got hurt. He was actually faster and had better cuts. At SMU he broke Eric Dickerson's freshman record. Sad thing he finds out he has two stress fractures in his back when lifting weights. Couldn't recover and says his back still hurts to this day. Jamaal has said multiple times his brother was better than him in high school.

I played agaisnt ShawnD and saw his film before our games a couple years. Most if not all of our defensive strategy against PAL was stopping him. Even though we beat them handily, he was a beast. If the other players would have bought in like he did, PAL would have been a hell of a team in the mid to late 90's. There is a certain local Texas HS HOF coach that said PAL had the most talent of any team in southeast texas for most of the 90's but had no dicipline!

I played agaisnt ShawnD and saw his film before our games a couple years. Most if not all of our defensive strategy against PAL was stopping him. Even though we beat them handily, he was a beast. If the other players would have bought in like he did, PAL would have been a hell of a team in the mid to late 90's. There is a certain local Texas HS HOF coach that said PAL had the most talent of any team in southeast texas for most of the 90's but had no dicipline!

I played against him also and by far one of the best running backs that came from this area.

winning killed their chances in the playoffs. Might sound strange but it is not, they were big headed. Im still cool with most of those guys and they would say the same thing.

i watched both of them play, shan-d was in my fantasy league for a couple of years, works for the gas company in PA. He had hellacious moves and was talented, but I honestly think JAAMAL was the better back. Any Running back in what was 5A at the time who could say on an interview im gonna have a 300 yard game to start off first game back and do it is one bad MAN!!!!! then the next week rush for 400. He was a beast , I don't care who you are. How Jerry jones could pass on him and take FElix jones is unbelievable. I don't think Jerry jones would know what talent was if it jumped up and bit him on his well you know! If Texas would not have had Vince young at the time he was there in Texas, no telling what he would have done in his career. you put him in the I formation and give him room to run, look out. He is the most dangerous RB out of the backfield to ever catch a screen pass. There aint a Linebacker in the country gonna keep up with him on any field. Not taking anything away from Shan-dee, but lil brother was and is the man, just my opinion.