racism

Big girl

I never owned a slave my ancestors never owned slaves I come from dirt poor farmers, I went to high school with many black students whos fathers worked at the plants with my father and they had the same teachers I had in school so with all that said I can say with confidence that I owe no one anything for my part in the slavery chapter of our nation! Hate it happened but I cant change that! Sure there is still racism and always will be on both sides but I  always try to treat others  the way they treat me.

I never owned a slave my ancestors never owned slaves I come from dirt poor farmers, I went to high school with many black students whos fathers worked at the plants with my father and they had the same teachers I had in school so with all that said I can say with confidence that I owe no one anything for my part in the slavery chapter of our nation! Hate it happened but I cant change that! Sure there is still racism and always will be on both sides but I  always try to treat others  the way they treat me.

My point exactly! But somehow ALL whites get "blamed" whereas knowing "black" Africans were the ones who were selling their own people (blacks) into slavery, it is argued (and rightly so) that it wasn't "MY FAMILY" that actually sold slaves....again it seems to only work in one direction......because it WASN'T my family that bought and/or even used slavery...I'm second generation French of a migrant brick layer...

"2. The Democrat Party is the party of the Ku Klux Clan, and Abraham Lincoln (who freed the slaves) was a Republican, so don't tell me how the republicans have oppressed your people. "

The KKK and the Aryan Brotherhood are all staunch GOP'ers now. They have been quoted as saying, "We didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left us."

And anyone with a firm grasp of history knows that Lincoln would be more aligned with today's Democratic Party than Republicans.

"2. The Democrat Party is the party of the Ku Klux Clan, and Abraham Lincoln (who freed the slaves) was a Republican, so don't tell me how the republicans have oppressed your people. "

The KKK and the Aryan Brotherhood are all staunch GOP'ers now. They have been quoted as saying, "We didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left us."

And anyone with a firm grasp of history knows that Lincoln would be more aligned with today's Democratic Party than Republicans.

Please elaborate and show proof of your assertion!!!

Please elaborate and show proof of your assertion!!!

If you seriously need this to understand my assertion, I would think you are not accustomed to independent thinking. I will assume this is posted in jest. If not, there are probably hundreds of pieces written on this topic that can be found on a search engine of your choice. And I am certain they are written with far more eloquence than I could muster.

So Lincoln would be on board with all the entitlement programs and Obamacare?

So Lincoln would be on board with all the entitlement programs and Obamacare?

In point of fact, it could be argued that Lincoln supported and/or spearheaded multiple "entitlement programs" during his time in office. However, I suppose it is impossible to say with certainly which of today's programs he would have supported and which he would oppose. But perhaps his singular greatest cause was civil rights.

I just find it humorous that republicans still cling to Lincoln as if the parties have not, by and large, completely flipped ideologies. I assumed this was common knowledge.

In point of fact, it could be argued that Lincoln supported and/or spearheaded multiple "entitlement programs" during his time in office. However, I suppose it is impossible to say with certainly which of today's programs he would have supported and which he would oppose. But perhaps his singular greatest cause was civil rights.

I just find it humorous that republicans still cling to Lincoln as if the parties have not, by and large, completely flipped ideologies. I assumed this was common knowledge.

Speaking of civil rights and the Republicans.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politics/civil-rights-act-interesting-facts/

I don't think Lincoln ever thought that our country would become a wellfare state where millions of Americans and others that are not Americans would sit around waiting for someone else to feed them cloth them raise their kids and just about anything else you can think of that comes from give away programs. Todays Democrats use this as their number one tool to get guarenteed votes just so they can keep their happy butts in office. Maybe some of the democrats should think about what John Kennedy said "What not your Country can do for you, but what you can do for your Country." A democrat really did say that Big Girl, that's not a fabricated story from Fox.

I don't think Lincoln ever thought that our country would become a wellfare state where millions of Americans and others that are not Americans would sit around waiting for someone else to feed them cloth them raise their kids and just about anything else you can think of that comes from give away programs. Todays Democrats use this as their number one tool to get guarenteed votes just so they can keep their happy butts in office. Maybe some of the democrats should think about what John Kennedy said "What not your Country can do for you, but what you can do for your Country." A democrat really did say that Big Girl, that's not a fabricated story from Fox.

If Kennedy were here today he would be a Republican.

If Kennedy were here today he would be a Republican.

True!  he was a staunch anti-communist -- you know, America's enemy.  He also cut taxes (It works every time it's tried!  This ought to give BigGirl a cardiac arrest.  She prolly didn't know that about Kennedy).  He was NOT ant-business!  He knew who creates jobs.

Both parties were different at that time (Kennedy) only the differences were not nearly as extreme as it is today. I was too young to vote for LBJ although he was my commander in chief while in the Navy, my first vote for President was for Richard Nixon, I did'nt really dislike Hubert Humphrey but the ideology of give away programs was taking root and that just was'nt what my daddy had taught me. I think Jimmy Carter gave the Dem's a real pansy image and I think it has pretty much stuck with them all these years. (guess you can tell I did'nt like Carter).

If you seriously need this to understand my assertion, I would think you are not accustomed to independent thinking. I will assume this is posted in jest. If not, there are probably hundreds of pieces written on this topic that can be found on a search engine of your choice. And I am certain they are written with far more eloquence than I could muster.

Your assertion stands unsupported and is conjecture on your part.  Lincoln would absolutely not be a 2014 Democrat!!  Period!!!! 

Now THAT's independent/free thinking!  I don't think those radicals on Fox News would make that claim!  Although I would disagree with you, the argument would be interesting.

That is an interesting concept. Back then, there were conservative Democrats. The left has taken over the Democratic party and conservative Democrats are now extinct (or Republicans!)