racism

Big girl

you dont know what you are talking about. What has the Republicans done for the middle-class?

I know exactly what I am talking about. Hard working people are able to find jobs when they want to. I have seen it in action my whole life. If someone tries they can find work. Not always the best or highest paying, but they will get a job, and if they have a great work ethic employers will find a spot for them.
Now, as for what have the republicans done for the middle-class. Very little!! I don't pretend that any politician is looking out for anyone but themself. I just think that at this point in time, they do less damage than the democrats. Notice I said less, not "none".

What can you tell me realistically, not theoretically, have democrats done for the middle class? Who's life is better in the long term because of what they did "for the middle class"?

why in the world would a poor or middle-class person care if billionaires or taxed more. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates dont mind paying more so why do you feel sorry for them.

Ummmmm.....ok

But it turns out that Buffett’s own company, Berkshire Hathaway, has had every opportunity to pay more taxes over the last decade. Instead, it’s been mired in a protracted legal battle with the Internal Revenue Service over a bill that one analyst estimates may total $1 billion.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/buffett-irs-back-taxes/2011/09/01/id/409520#ixzz33uWRxm00

No...you cannot be a Christian if you think it is OK to murder innocent children.

No true believer would say that is acceptable to God.

Ok - although I was NOT going to get into my personal religious beliefs on this thread, I will go ahead and state that I am, in fact, opposed to abortion, just as I am opposed to the death penalty. I do not believe in killing period; I believe it is God's divine right to both bring souls into this world and take them out.

For those of you that are staunch pro-lifers and pro-capital punishment, I would submit that we have killed innocent people in this country in the name of "justice," and will continue to do so. Furthermore, I am a firm believer in God's grace and believe that He can save the coldest hearted criminal (as he did in the bible). Fiscally, in the state of Texas, a death penalty case costs the taxpayers about THREE times more than imprisoning someone for 40 years (which is more than the average mortality rate of a lifer without parole). In other words, we can put someone in prison for 120 years for the same cost as executing someone.

Now, those are my beliefs. I say this for any non-believers who are put off by the judgmental, "you are going to hell if you believe this" right wingers who are apt to be the loudest. I believe God will welcome you as you are. I don't presume to hold His answers. What I do know is that I don't have His answers and that NO ONE other than Him knows YOUR heart (no more than they know President Clinton or Obama's heart). You can believe what you want. The Bible I read will also lead you to the ONLY belief that matters in terms of becoming a Christian. And Biggirl accurately quoted one of the scriptures on that belief in this thread.

For the rest of you, you may resume your judging. I am pretty certain there is scripture on that too (Matthew Ch. 7).

Ok - although I was NOT going to get into my personal religious beliefs on this thread, I will go ahead and state that I am, in fact, opposed to abortion, just as I am opposed to the death penalty. I do not believe in killing period; I believe it is God's divine right to both bring souls into this world and take them out.
For those of you that are staunch pro-lifers and pro-capital punishment, I would submit that we have killed innocent people in this country in the name of "justice," and will continue to do so. Furthermore, I am a firm believer in God's grace and believe that He can save the coldest hearted criminal (as he did in the bible). Fiscally, in the state of Texas, a death penalty case costs the taxpayers about THREE times more than imprisoning someone for 40 years (which is more than the average mortality rate of a lifer without parole). In other words, we can put someone in prison for 120 years for the same cost as executing someone.
Now, those are my beliefs. I say this for any non-believers who are put off by the judgmental, "you are going to hell if you believe this" right wingers who are apt to be the loudest. I believe God will welcome you as you are. I don't presume to hold His answers. What I do know is that I don't have His answers and that NO ONE other than Him knows YOUR heart (no more than they know President Clinton or Obama's heart). You can believe what you want. The Bible I read will also lead you to the ONLY belief that matters in terms of becoming a Christian. And Biggirl accurately quoted one of the scriptures on that belief in this thread.
For the rest of you, you may resume your judging. I am pretty certain there is scripture on that too (Matthew Ch. 7).

Matthew 7:15-20..couldn't have picked better verses..don't judge, but know!

You will note that what makes DP cases so expensive are the automatic and numerous appeals. Until we figure out how to avoid killing innocent people, I would not advise reducing their rights of appeal. Watch the documentaries "Paradise Lost" about the West Memphis, AR child murders. Without extensive appeals, an innocent kid would have been murdered by the state in that case as well.

Could you point me toward some documentation of the " it costs the same to imprison someone for 120 years as it does to put them to death" theory please?

In addition, I participated in a similar study about 20 years ago. Although the costs are higher for both now with inflation, the comparative figures are relatively unchanged. We found the cost of execution back then was 3X cost imprisonment for somewhere between 40-45 yrs.

I cant understand how someone could consider themselves pro life when they are against programs that help to sustain life, and they are pro death penalty. I am pro life. I am against abortion; as well as, the death penalty. I also am for programs such as wic, foodstamps. Programs that help to sustain life.

Salvation is to all and for all that believe, for we all sin and fall short of the glory of the Lord.Romans. only good knows the deeds of s man's heart so we cant judge anyone. I cant remember what book of the bible that is in and I dont feel like getting out of bed to find it.

I cant understand how someone could consider themselves pro life when they are against programs that help to sustain life, and they are pro death penalty. I am pro life. I am against abortion; as well as, the death penalty. I also am for programs such as wic, foodstamps. Programs that help to sustain life.

What's better -- a welfare check or a paycheck?    BTW -- all these programs you love, who's paying for them?

How programs get paid for has NEVER and will NEVER be a priority for the left.  All that matters is that these programs, in their minds, show how much they "care".  Taxes will be raised and when the higher taxes are not enough to cover the costs, more debt will be assumed.  Then, when that debt becomes a topic of concern, those who "care" will convince you that the Republicans have mismanaged things and if you will just elect a democrat, we can get back on the road to fiscal sanity.

I'll bite.  Ironically, in my lifetime, the President who was the most sound fiscally was a Democrat - Bill Clinton.  Don't believe me?  Ask Reagan appointee Alan Greenspan.  He's probably a little more astute in economics than anyone posting on this board.

Since Clinton, the biggest tax sucker we have had BY FAR is the war(s) in the Middle East.  Who got us into that mess?

I'll bite. Ironically, in my lifetime, the President who was the most sound fiscally was a Democrat - Bill Clinton. Don't believe me? Ask Reagan appointee Alan Greenspan. He's probably a little more astute in economics than anyone posting on this board.

Since Clinton, the biggest tax sucker we have had BY FAR is the war(s) in the Middle East. Who got us into that mess?

Didn't he (Clinton) also have a Republican congress and senate? So who was responsible for that success? As far as the war in the middle east, I guess we just ignore terrorism and allow them to bring war to our shores?

Didn't he (Clinton) also have a Republican congress and senate? So who was responsible for that success? As far as the war in the middle east, I guess we just ignore terrorism and allow them to bring war to our shores?

Didn't Reagan have a Democratic Congress and Senate? So who was responsible for his success. The reality is that Reagan and Clinton were masterful at getting the other party to work with them. They transcended party lines.

And if you believe Iraq was responsible for terrorism, you have some reading to catchup on.

Back to the cost of imprisonment vs death penalty,  My son is a Capt at the Stiles Unit and you just would'nt believe how many cases of Aids, Cancer, etc their are in the prisons, and their treatment is paid for by (TAX PAYERS)  HOOPs you will have to show me some actual documentation showing it cost more to put someone down than to keep em locked up for 40 years.  I personally think you had a BS moment on that one.