District 12-3A D1 Predictions

EW1...I think Woodville is better than what they have shown, but with a coaching change and being into the first solid year of a rebuilding cycle...I think it's gonna be a bit un-settled
for you guys...IMO I think Kounzte peaks this year, manages to compete next year, and then hits that same rebuilding cycle Woodville is in now...I just hope the folks here in Kountze appreciate the success and are patient for the rebuild cycle to complete...now if a school wants get off the roller coaster ride they have to do what schools like Newton have done, actually invest in their Jr. High levels and sub Varsity (weight work and play book 101). IMO

Well the freshman class added about 45 lol but the key is that they're a talented group. And big. And the group below them is even more talented. And bigger lol we will compete better this year. Remember...we're only two years removed from an a very good 2012 squad :)

Just curious how long it has been since an EC club finished 4th in any sport ?? I don't see it happening this year either. The class of this district should be Kirbyville and EC followed by Buna and Kountze. I think the hiring of Coach Joubert is a great hire but I don't see how they elevate from a 4th place finish to a 1st. I'm also not sure Woodville is going to see the improvement a lot of folks are forecasting , they return the fewest starters in the district and have a new coaching staff which usually doesn't make for huge upswings. Good luck to all the clubs this coming season.

Just curious how long it has been since an EC club finished 4th in any sport ?? I don't see it happening this year either. The class of this district should be Kirbyville and EC followed by Buna and Kountze. I think the hiring of Coach Joubert is a great hire but I don't see how they elevate from a 4th place finish to a 1st. I'm also not sure Woodville is going to see the improvement a lot of folks are forecasting , they return the fewest starters in the district and have a new coaching staff which usually doesn't make for huge upswings. Good luck to all the clubs this coming season.

Absolutely right

That's one loss y'all gonna take before the first district game with Kville..count on it! Lol

Not all K-ville folks are so hung on their selves, but dang! Just little humility would go a long way. It makes it hard to even show an ounce of respect for your programs success...but that's the game afoot so let-r-roll! Time will tell and win or loose I hope our Players, Coaches and Fan have a little class and humility about them. But it will be funny to watch the reaction when Kirbyville takes it on the chin by Kountze...and if not you guys will know you were in a fight! Best of luck!

I agree Kountze will play hard and tough but don't think these boys from Kville will not show up for this game.  You might hit them on the chin but one thing I know about these Cats!  when you do you better have your left up cause they are swinging right back!   

I agree Woodville should have a better year...but lets face it...you've lost 2 Warren two years in a row..theres no where to go but up!

I agree Kountze will play hard and tough but don't think these boys from Kville will not show up for this game. You might hit them on the chin but one thing I know about these Cats! when you do you better have your left up cause they are swinging right back!

I agree Woodville should have a better year...but lets face it...you've lost 2 Warren two years in a row..theres no where to go but up!

Warren has been better recently. Woodville just went in the past two years cocky and got straight outplayed. Hopefuly they can correct that problem....very soon. Lol

Warren has been better recently. Woodville just went in the past two years cocky and got straight outplayed. Hopefuly they can correct that problem....very soon. Lol

yes I know they had the better team both years and just got out played.  I worked in Woodville a while back and lived in Spurger,  I understand what that rivalry and understand how much Woodville should not and dont like to lose that game.  Working there i got to know alot of people and actually want them to do well..  well every game but one!

Not all K-ville folks are so hung on their selves, but dang! Just little humility would go a long way. It makes it hard to even show an ounce of respect for your programs success...but that's the game afoot so let-r-roll! Time will tell and win or loose I hope our Players, Coaches and Fan have a little class and humility about them. But it will be funny to watch the reaction when Kirbyville takes it on the chin by Kountze...and if not you guys will know you were in a fight! Best of luck!

Not gonna happen...lol

EaglesWoodville#1 Corrigan is returning that #10 Mitchell kid that's a much better athlete than what Kountze has to offer. As far as saying Corrigan better than Kirbyville, they haven't beat us in almost 20 years. Yes they're a very good team, but we've had their number.

History doesn't mean anything when you haven't played recently lol trust me. Corrigan will be a good test. And an opportunity to gain more respect.

EaglesWoodville#1 Corrigan is returning that #10 Mitchell kid that's a much better athlete than what Kountze has to offer. As far as saying Corrigan better than Kirbyville, they haven't beat us in almost 20 years. Yes they're a very good team, but we've had their number.

Lol better athlete than Kountze has to offer? Lol what you smoking ? Lol

He is a very good athlete. Lol not quite as good of an athlete as Graylond Arnold. But behind him, he's a better athlete than anyone Kountze has to offer.

Graylond Arnold is the best on the team yes but Kountze has several good athletes lol maybe not as good as Mitchell but not far off..