Elgin vs Dayton....

Yes a purple team will win.  Need to make sure they get the uniforms coordinated or it will get confusing.

If it is a 3 game series, nod goes to Dayton if they take the LCM approach in game 2 to not let Prinz beat you (4 walks, 1 run).  Seen and faced both pitchers and Bell is the better hurler and Hostetler can be effective in this caliber series if needed while Johns is going to carry the whole load for Elgin.  Dayton bats were strong against Montgomery and Nederland and LCM put up 26 hits against Johns so expect Dayton to hit her stuff too.  Scouting report coach got watching game 2 of area series will prove valuable. 

Dayton fans, come out to support your girls.  These opportunities don't come along very often to get this deep in the play-offs.  Elgin fans traveled well this weekend so I guarantee they will represent.  Side note - Elgin fans were great people, polite and friendly and they support their girls as good as any I have come across.

Lady Broncos are peaking at the right time & the girls are not only having fun but taking advantage of their opportunities. I'm pretty sure Coach Rochinski of Montgomery is still wondering what hit them. Wasn't impressed w/her style of coaching & the way she showed her butt on the field. Enough of that. Elgin always seems to be in the hunt every year & won't be taken lightly. With that being said I don't think anyone wants to face the Broncos right now. I'll put our 2 pitchers Bell & Hostetler up against any team & expect to come out on top. Our bats have to stay hot to keep our pitchers relaxed. We have left lots of runners on base in the first two series. Praying for safe travel, good sportsmanship, & an all around good series.

Spread the word Bronco faithful & come support these girls!!!!!!

Note that this same Elgin team (all returners from last year) not only swept LCM, but they swept Barbers Hill last year and came within a 2-1 game against Foster of playing in the Region final.  So that tells you they can play.  Fracc is correct that LCM put 26 hits on Elgin's P Johns, so it is reasonable to believe Dayton will have some success as well.  Johns doesn't have to go out and throw shutouts because the Elgin offense is pretty good.  My book shows that Elgin had 22 hits off of LCM pitching.  They have some good hitters throughout the lineup.  They also appear to be a good defensive team.  The real question is:  Can the Elgin hitters hit Dayton pitching?  I may say that Elgin has the hitting advantage, but there is no question that Dayton has the pitching advantage.  This we will see in a few days, but for now, I can't bet against a team that made the offensive juggernaut Montgomery look like a 14U team.  Should be a great series and I hope to be able to see it.  Hopefully they play to the north somewhere.  How about SHSU as a site.  Or maybe College Park (but not during a simultaneous baseball game).