Coldspring defeats Sweeny

10 years from now those players will be remembered as the group that walked away from their playoff run for a senior trip and abandoned their teammates. Very sad that parents will tolerate this type of behavior. Had I been their coach they could've left a day earlier because I wouldn't have played them on Wednesday!

I had heard rumor of this but could not believe it was true.
Wonder how the school, coach, players and parents felt about this ?

10 years from now those players will be remembered as the group that walked away from their playoff run for a senior trip and abandoned their teammates. Very sad that parents will tolerate this type of behavior. Had I been their coach they could've left a day earlier because I wouldn't have played them on Wednesday!

I had heard rumor of this but could not believe it was true.
Wonder how the school, coach, players and parents felt about this ?

There was only one senior starter (that paid for the trip) that stayed behind and played with the team...The rest bolted...There are definitely some strained feelings amongst some of the players and parents...

The Coach has had enough and he will probably resign. The fault doesn't lie with the coaches it lies

with the parents. Same with the volleyball, heard that the new coach has already taken another job at Sperger ISD. The attitude from the parents there really stinks. Not all of them but just enough to ruin it for the decent folks.

The Coach has had enough and he will probably resign. The fault doesn't lie with the coaches it lies
with the parents. Same with the volleyball, heard that the new coach has already taken another job at Sperger ISD. The attitude from the parents there really stinks. Not all of them but just enough to ruin it for the decent folks.

There are definitely some attitude problems on the girls side of athletics in Coldspring, but that is not a new thing. It has been there for years. I don't see coach leaving this year just because his daughter will be a senior, and he probably won't want to move her to a new school or leave her behind and move on. However, he never really wanted to be the softball coach. He was perfectly happy being the trainer and kind of got stuck with the softball team when there was no one else. I know it was tough on him to be put in this situation, but I do know he isn't blaming the girls. There were a lot of parents involved in planning this disaster of a trip, and it should never have happened, much less been during the playoffs.

Coldspring knocked out a great OF Team just to give it all up for a senior trip?

True, but orangefield's coach should be kicking herself. When you have the better team, why would you choose a 1 game playoff? In a best of 3 series Orangefield is probably still playing. Orangefield won the toss and chose 1 game. Doesn't make sense!

Having seen Coldspring for three years now I’d say the coach has done a great job. He has he built the core of a program that showed every indication of taking off, if the parents would get out of the way.

Hopefully the younger girls stick with it, there is a good coach and some real talent out in Coldspring and for a second there it looked like they were getting it together.

• 1 month later...

There are definitely some attitude problems on the girls side of athletics in Coldspring, but that is not a new thing. It has been there for years. I don't see coach leaving this year just because his daughter will be a senior, and he probably won't want to move her to a new school or leave her behind and move on. However, he never really wanted to be the softball coach. He was perfectly happy being the trainer and kind of got stuck with the softball team when there was no one else. I know it was tough on him to be put in this situation, but I do know he isn't blaming the girls. There were a lot of parents involved in planning this disaster of a trip, and it should never have happened, much less been during the playoffs.

The Coach did resign and now is the Head Coach at Shepherd. Go figure!!