Todd Dodge To Austin Westlake?

smitty

Same thing that has happened to him everywhere except Carroll. He couldn't win. Jumping straight from high school head coach to college head coach was not one of the brightest ideas

Let me interject here.

Let's say he was making 150k a year at SLC. Went 16-0 4 years. At UNT he made 1.1mil a year. Went 0-10 3 years.

At SLC he made 9k per win. At UNT he made 100k per loss.

And since UNT pays into teacher retirement system...his retirement is a % of those 3 years that he "jumped from hs to college"

So not only did he win...he's laughing at statements like this.

What happened to Todd Dodge at North Texas?

I can tell you what happened to Dodge at North Texas..he got paid a million dollars a year..he was there for 3 years.. Texas teacher retirement takes your best 3 years and he's gonna get 70% of that the rest of his life when he retires. If my math is correct, that's $700,000 a year for the rest of his life..that's what Todd Dodge did at North Texas.

Allman was the highest paid HS HC/AD in Texas when he took the Westlake job five years ago at 125K per year. So Dodge never made more than 120K per at SLC.
At UNT his retirement will be based off of his base salary only. And Im not sure that he hit on many off those incentives.

Same thing that has happened to him everywhere except Carroll. He couldn't win. Jumping straight from high school head coach to college head coach was not one of the brightest ideas

Huhh!! Boy howdy did he win at SLC.  You must be some bitter fan/former player at a school that was soundly and consistently thumped by Carroll!!!

Huhh!! Boy howdy did he win at SLC.  You must be some bitter fan/former player at a school that was soundly and consistently thumped by Carroll!!!

Actually no never had anything to do with or against Carroll just lived around Fort Worth for most of my life. He did win at Carroll but even then have they won since he left? Did they win before him?

Outside of the 7 years where at Carroll, including the last five he went 79-1 his record has been:  at Yoe in two years 3-7 then 5-5; Newman Smith 4-6 then 5-5; Fossil Ridge 2-7 then 5-5.

His talent pool at Carroll will not be matched. Westlake is not Carroll and will never be and for people to think that Westlake can match what Carroll can offer are crazy. How many other schools have an indoor facility so great that NFL teams ask to use it? Can he coach qbs yes, but he is not the coach that people believed him to be. Going to North Texas was good for money but it was an experiment that ended badly.  

Southlake was great in 2A and 3A in the early 90's, but prior to Dodges arrival in 2000 this was Southlake

1999 6-4

1998 12-2

1997 8-5

1996 4-6-1

1995 10-1

1994 6-5

Thats 46-23-1...Not like they were tearing it up like they did prior to 94 and in the 2000's with Dodge.

Actually no never had anything to do with or against Carroll just lived around Fort Worth for most of my life. He did win at Carroll but even then have they won since he left? Did they win before him?

Outside of the 7 years where at Carroll, including the last five he went 79-1 his record has been:  at Yoe in two years 3-7 then 5-5; Newman Smith 4-6 then 5-5; Fossil Ridge 2-7 then 5-5.

His talent pool at Carroll will not be matched. Westlake is not Carroll and will never be and for people to think that Westlake can match what Carroll can offer are crazy. How many other schools have an indoor facility so great that NFL teams ask to use it? Can he coach qbs yes, but he is not the coach that people believed him to be. Going to North Texas was good for money but it was an experiment that ended badly.  

You are indeed envious of his success at Carroll, nothing could be more obvious!!!

You are indeed envious of his success at Carroll, nothing could be more obvious!!!

It's obvious how cause I'm from there and had friends play other sports for Carroll? Fort Worth and Dallas are the biggest cities in the country for high school football. The money spent there is second to none. Carroll during that time had talent and a system different from the norm. Dodge did win there other coaches would have one as well maybe not four championships but they would be there. Dodge will do okay but he is not going to come in and win like he did there. At Westlake he will probably do better than at Marble Falls but don't expect another Lake Travis. Dodge just is not the savior that every one seems to think. He'll probably go about 2-3 rounds deep but with his average stay of two years it's hard to tell.

As for being envious I'll take my Aledo and sixman schools any day over being in a mega school.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lurking around and found that after Dodge left one place that particular school did great within the 2 years TD left, TD never stayed at one place long enough early on to see the success of what he had begun building except at SLC. I still say he wouldnt have done well at Marble Falls though rather he stayed or not.