BISD board votes 5-2 to appeal TEA decision

AggiesAreWe

You wish it was as simple as "right vs wrong." All so -called 'excuses" are not always "diversionary tactics." Just like some of you try and throw so-called "diversionary tactics " to take "race" out of matters. ;)

Not sure I follow, and not sure what you mean by "some of you." You sound like an intelligent guy, is embezzlement right or wrong? She (Bush) is on the side of wrong, just admit the error of the district's ways. Let the TEA do what they have decided to do and let the healing begin. Race plays no role in this.

Not sure I follow, and not sure what you mean by "some of you." You sound like an intelligent guy, is embezzlement right or wrong? She (Bush) is on the side of wrong, just admit the error of the district's ways. Let the TEA do what they have decided to do and let the healing begin. Race plays no role in this.

You're saying race plays no role. The actual embezzlement has nothing to do with race. I agree. But you cannot deny ( hmm? Maybe you will) some of the historical issues on both sides of the line is being driven by race.

You're saying race plays no role. The actual embezzlement has nothing to do with race. I agree. But you cannot deny ( hmm? Maybe you will) some of the historical issues on both sides of the line is being driven by race.

Is it race or difference in opinion?

Why do two people seem to vote one way and 5 the other ?

Could it be races voting with each other to stay as one ?

Could it all be just coincidence and like minds and opinions are voting together?

If it is race, who do you blame....all of them....just the two....or just the five?

I'm starting to sound like Bluedove.....making you think....

Is it race or difference in opinion?

Why do two people seem to vote one way and 5 the other ?

Could it be races voting with each other to stay as one ?

Could it all be just coincidence and like minds and opinions are voting together?

If it is race, who do you blame....all of them....just the two....or just the five?

I'm starting to sound like Bluedove.....making you think....

You clean house

...on a side note, these problems ALSO was going on BEFORE Dr. Thomas was here.

Maybe.....maybe not......

I know of at least 4 million gone proven during and after......

When you take over a business/District, part of your job is to find issues and correct them......

I'm not saying he knowingly did anything wrong.....just pointing out some things

Maybe.....maybe not......

I know of at least 4 million gone proven during and after......

When you take over a business/District, part of your job is to find issues and correct them......

I'm not saying he knowingly did anything wrong.....just pointing out some things

We have been discussing this for weeks & I can't get an answer to my question. Does the Mayor share responsibility??   Not sure if anyone knows or answered

We have been discussing this for weeks & I can't get an answer to my question. Does the Mayor share responsibility??   Not sure if anyone knows or answered

Not sure what you think the mayor should have done.   The school district is not a part of the mayors' responsibility.  What issue are you talking about?

Dove, do you believe that if a BISD employee(s) has violated the law, he/she should be dismissed and prosecuted regardless of their skin color, sexual orientation, or social standing?

Of course!! Key words being: violated the law and not speculating someone broke the law. If you did it and it was against the law, so be it. But you have people who are wanting seem to want to implicate Butch. I ain't seen no proof.

I don't think so. Is he involved in the day to day activity of the school district? If he did find things not running right(not necessarily illegal), could he do something about it? I'm all about holding everyone involved and/or managing the district responsible, but not someone that could not get the information or even make a decision.

Not sure what you think the mayor should have done. The school district is not a part of the mayors' responsibility. What issue are you talking about?

I asked a question, didn't say she did anything. Please read carefully!!! Still want to know how $4 mil is missing & city officials have no idea? PLEASE!!!!!!

I don't think so. Is he involved in the day to day activity of the school district? If he did find things not running right(not necessarily illegal), could he do something about it? I'm all about holding everyone involved and/or managing the district responsible, but not someone that could not get the information or even make a decision.

I'm just asking because if a school district is in your city, surely the Mayor should be aware of the gross negligence which may have occurred during the alleged culprits reign. I'm not saying city & school are meshed to that degree, I'm just trying to find out how they mesh. I think the mayor would have some say in some form. I may be wrong, but I'm just asking.

City Hall and a district office are two totally separate entities. There are no oversights between the two.

Since some like to speculate what if an individual was to have recieved their outrageously high salary totally above board on the (undocumented)condition a few "kickbacks" were to come to those who insured/granted that high salary? Knowing how the state retirement works, that individual's retirement would be based on the average of their 3 highest years forever upon retirement. For example if an individual had 33 years at retirement they would be entitled to approximately 75% of the average of their top 3 years salary under the state's formula. Do the math.......It may not be a sprint but rather a totally above board marathon with those who hosted the event having dirty hands.

I asked a question, didn't say she did anything. Please read carefully!!! Still want to know how $4 mil is missing & city officials have no idea? PLEASE!!!!!!

Chill. You asked a question, and I tried to answer it. Not sure what issue you thought that the mayor should have been involved with. I assure you that the mayor is not looking at BISD checkbooks.

The city, county and school district are separate entities and have no involvement or oversight of each other.

As far as Butch’s salary goes, if you all recall he was a finalist for the Dallas ISD superintendent position and the board offered him a huge salary increase to stay. On paper it appeared to be a justified move because BISD was excelling academically and financially. The unknown question is what was going on behind the scenes.