BISD board votes 5-2 to appeal TEA decision

AggiesAreWe

My only problem with Butch AS OF NOW,  is that we didn't seem to get our moneys worth.  A guy who was compensated so well should have done a better job of oversight.  Some of this went on during his watch.

Butch came in and did a good job. Had the district in good financial standing and accreditation. Its always easy to blame the person whose left the ole' job and moved on, we all do it on our respective jobs. 

Butch came in and did a good job. Had the district in good financial standing and accreditation. Its always easy to blame the person whose left the ole' job and moved on, we all do it on our respective jobs. 

Good financial standing doesn't mean there wasnt a lot of theft and waste.  It simply means that Beaumont was contributing a lot of money.  Give me a few million, and I'll have a pretty nice looking checking balance.  As for accreditation, looks like there are some indications that cheating was going on.   We will see if that was the case.

Good financial standing doesn't mean there wasnt a lot of theft and waste.  It simply means that Beaumont was contributing a lot of money.  Give me a few million, and I'll have a pretty nice looking checking balance.  As for accreditation, looks like there are some indications that cheating was going on.   We will see if that was the case.

LOL!! Theft and waste is across the board. Many of us don't get the opportunity to hear about *some* other local agencies for whatever reasons.  :ph34r:

LOL!! Theft and waste is across the board. Many of us don't get the opportunity to hear about *some* other local agencies for whatever reasons.  :ph34r:

If theft and waste is , as you say, "across the board" does that make it acceptable for BISD to operate in the manner that is has been operating?  Can you name a couple of other agencies where 4 million dollars of taxpayer money has been embezzled?

If theft and waste is , as you say, "across the board" does that make it acceptable for BISD to operate in the manner that is has been operating?  Can you name a couple of other agencies where 4 million dollars of taxpayer money has been embezzled?

It could be $1,000 - $100,000. Didn't say it was acceptable for 4 million either. Some are able to keep their dirt from being announced through the media, while other don't have that privilege. 

Chill. You asked a question, and I tried to answer it. Not sure what issue you thought that the mayor should have been involved with. I assure you that the mayor is not looking at BISD checkbooks.

You are correct, I asked a question & you answered a question with a question. So who needs to CHILL? I believe we are DONE
Have a great day

You are correct, I asked a question & you answered a question with a question. So who needs to CHILL? I believe we are DONE
Have a great day

Not trying to get into a pissing contest.   What area do you think that the mayor should have some responsibility?  I think it is a legit question.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest. What area do you think that the mayor should have some responsibility? I think it is a legit question.

That is a good question. I was asking that exact question. You responded with a question. Read your post, I wasn't out of line with my initial response. I just wanted to know if the Mayor had in responsibility in the fiasco is all.
Many get a little upset when others respond, but the some Clearly need to read carefully/close before responding. I hope you're picking up what I'm putting down

Excuse the typos Lol

Pardon me if you think I took offense.   I really just didn't understand what you were asking.   I thought maybe I missed an earlier post where it was discussed.   So, without answering with a question, the mayor has zero responsibility for this fiasco.

Pardon me if you think I took offense. I really just didn't understand what you were asking. I thought maybe I missed an earlier post where it was discussed. So, without answering with a question, the mayor has zero responsibility for this fiasco.

Thank you Sir for clearing that up for me. Here's another question: since the Mayor has no responsibility in this scenario, would she be out of line commenting? Would that put her or other city officials in a bad light? I think knowing that our Mayor doesn't approve would carry a little weight.
Thank you for not being offended, you got your point across & stayed respectful. We don't have to always agree, but must stay respectful; although I'm guilty of being rude at times Lol
God Bless