BISD board votes 5-2 to appeal TEA decision

AggiesAreWe

We have been discussing this for weeks & I can't get an answer to my question. Does the Mayor share responsibility??   Not sure if anyone knows or answered

In the State of Texas, we have independent school districts. This means that, unlike other states, schools are not tied to county or municipal governments; hence, independent school districts. So in short, no, the mayor does not share responsibility since the schools are governed by an entity completely separate from the city.

In the State of Texas, we have independent school districts. This means that, unlike other states, schools are not tied to county or municipal governments; hence, independent school districts. So in short, no, the mayor does not share responsibility since the schools are governed by an entity completely separate from the city.

Thanks for the info

Thank you Sir for clearing that up for me. Here's another question: since the Mayor has no responsibility in this scenario, would she be out of line commenting? Would that put her or other city officials in a bad light? I think knowing that our Mayor doesn't approve would carry a little weight.
Thank you for not being offended, you got your point across & stayed respectful. We don't have to always agree, but must stay respectful; although I'm guilty of being rude at times Lol
God Bless

The mayor would be well within her rights to give a statement or opinion on the state of BISD. However, with a city councilman that has been so vocal and involved it’s probably best to stay quiet.

Still would like to know what "other situations" has to do with this one.

Your not going to get a straight answer, just the same ole "justifying bad behavior" song and dance that you already have gotten time after time!!  It's the same ole tired BS of "my kid didn't do anything any worse than your kid" excuse making and enabling that perpetuates this whole sorry mess!!!

Welp, its going to cost the district $50K for the retainer and $375 and hour to appeal.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/BISD-appeal-costs-50K-legal-retainer-375-an-5446630.php

So, I assume 10 hour days for the next 3 weeks, 15-21 days, at a total cost of at least $125,000. That's just for the appeal to TEA and not the "endth" degree that the law firm has stated it is prepared to go to see this thru. Cost could reach million.