2014 Football Schedules

The weather was horrible that night...on that 98 yard pick 6 did any of that speed from Crosby catch him...I'm marking my calendar Oct 17th

LOL, I didn't say anything about the speed but since you brought it up. I think our speed is OK if he runs fourteen jet sweeps and can barely get four yards a pop and never break one, yet the Twins were far from the fastest kids on our team and Dayton couldn't catch them before they rushed for over 500 yards.

well the purple and white in my background will take the other purple and white team west of the river to beat the cougs this year, No twins means now win against either purple and white team :D

Man, I would almost agree with you if we didn't have Perry, Cotton, Hudson, Brown, Pinckney, Harrison, Ophelia, etc. all coming back. Scary part about it is that most of them will just be juniors, Perry will only be a sophomore. Murphy is just a sophomore and already has an offer from East Carolina on the books, he headlines an O-line that will be even better than the one that opened up railroad tracks against PNG last year. One thing for sure though, PNG will struggle to hang with Crosby with the absolute lack of a running game they showed in last year's first round beat down.

LaMarque needed "luck" to make the playoffs in 2010 and went all the way to state. Im pretty sure there's alot of teams who get lucky towards the end of the season and start playing better, id rather that than being somewhat dominant all year long then get beat 1st or 2nd round.

I don't think Crosby is dominant this year at all. This district just isn't very good so I like our chances to finish first or second in it. There's like two FBS level players in the entire district. FB's district has like 25. Angleton, Foster and George Ranch are in the same district, so are Brenham, Stratford and Magnolia West. I doubt any team from SETX would be favored over any of those teams except Angleton and maybe Foster who beat Brenham last year. I just think we have the best coach in the district and I follow recruiting closely enough to know where the players are so pardon me for liking our chances.

I don't think Crosby is dominant this year at all. This district just isn't very good so I like our chances to finish first or second in it. There's like two FBS level players in the entire district. FB's district has like 25. Angleton, Foster and George Ranch are in the same district, so are Brenham, Stratford and Magnolia West. I doubt any team from SETX would be favored over any of those teams except Angleton and maybe Foster who beat Brenham last year. I just think we have the best coach in the district and I follow recruiting closely enough to know where the players are so pardon me for liking our chances.

was Crosby a dominant team last season?

What happened against elgin when 1 twin went down?

Now imagine what will happen against Nederland, Dayton, KP and Png if yall plah them with no walter twins.

Oh I forgot the crosby cougars 2014-2015 varsity football rooster is full of division 1 athletes. Until that butt whopping they get against the teams I name. Then cougar 14 will be on here talking about how if they had the walters still then that wouldnt of happened.

Now imagine what will happen against Nederland, Dayton, KP and Png if yall plah them with no walter twins.
Oh I forgot the crosby cougars 2014-2015 varsity football rooster is full of division 1 athletes. Until that butt whopping they get against the teams I name. Then cougar 14 will be on here talking about how if they had the walters still then that wouldnt of happened.

stats will be brought up.

was Crosby a dominant team last season?

Not at all, I think SC was dominant though. I don't think any of the teams from SETX were real contenders last year. Crosby blew the doors off the bi-district champ and would have been considered an underdog to about 5 division two teams over here. Turns out the dominant team in the district (SC) wasn't that strong either, SC ran through this district and bi-district 20-0 virtually uncontested. I kind of agree with SC fans when they said the district was so easy that they never got battle tested which is why they always lost early in the playoffs. Think about it, other than people from Dayton and the people on here who want to see Crosby get blasted by Dayton, what teams do any expert from the media pick to do anything? I'm telling you now, the Chronicle and Vype won't be very high on Dayton or any team from around here at all.

The same thing that happened to Elgin when Simmons got hurt. What happened to Dayton when McBride got hurt? Y'all don't even have an excuse, your qb was healthy and you still lost games to Humble and KP. LOl,y'all were playing competitive games with BH and King man.

The team with the Twins is actually the only one that ever lost to Ned, we had beat them every time we played them before the Twins.

And when did I say anything about being filled with D1 recruits at Crosby. We have one who's a current sophomore and KP has Henderson, that's it for the entire 9 team district. You'll see what I mean about the weak district though, after Elkins hangs another 50 on y'all Dayton fans will be saying "they would blow out anybody over here though" which is exactly my point. They're going to beat y'all by 20 or 30 and probably lose a couple of games in their own district.

The same thing that happened to Elgin when Simmons got hurt. What happened to Dayton when McBride got hurt? Y'all don't even have an excuse, your qb was healthy and you still lost games to Humble and KP. LOl,y'all were playing competitive games with BH and King man.

Lol. Like I said u will see. Mc. Bride getting hurt did effect us. Go from being able to run to having to strictly pass with a first time qb and see what happens. Now take a healthy mc. Bride a healthy keener a healthy chambers a healthy rhone a healthy chambers and a healthy returning quarter back and u will see what the dayton Broncos are all about.

I believe our district will end up with the top 4 looking like this
1. DAYTON
2. KP
3. CROSBY/ KING
4. CROSBY/ KING

And I see dayton being the only team from our district to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Not at all, I think SC was dominant though. I don't think any of the teams from SETX were real contenders last year. Crosby blew the doors off the bi-district champ and would have been considered an underdog to about 5 division two teams over here. Turns out the dominant team in the district (SC) wasn't that strong either, SC ran through this district and bi-district 20-0 virtually uncontested. I kind of agree with SC fans when they said the district was so easy that they never got battle tested which is why they always lost early in the playoffs. Think about it, other than people from Dayton and the people on here who want to see Crosby get blasted by Dayton, what teams do any expert from the media pick to do anything? I'm telling you now, the Chronicle and Vype won't be very high on Dayton or any team from around here at all.

Chron and Vype wasn't high on Memorial in 2011,they didn't seem too high on WO-S the past few years also. Heck I cant remember a specific time that Chron was high on any team in the greater Golden Triangle/Lakes area, I normally dont put too much stock in them anyways cause they're normally wrong about alot of things.

Lol. Like I said u will see. Mc. Bride getting hurt did effect us. Go from being able to run to having to strictly pass with a first time qb and see what happens. Now take a healthy mc. Bride a healthy keener a healthy chambers a healthy rhone a healthy chambers and a healthy returning quarter back and u will see what the dayton Broncos are all about.
I believe our district will end up with the top 4 looking like this
1. DAYTON
2. KP
3. CROSBY/ KING
4. CROSBY/ KING
And I see dayton being the only team from our district to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Well, what is it man? You just talked about Aston going down and us losing to the #6 team in the state like losing the district MVP shouldn't hurt. Now you say losing McBride, who doesn't even touch the ball every play, hurt y'all. Running the ball? Dude, did you watch Dayton this year, they couldn't run the ball on anybody so losing him should have been way less of an effect than losing our qb.

Don't make it out like you don't hate Dayton as much as Dayton hates Crosby. You are 99% of the reason everyone on here blast Crosby. And as for the media picking teams from around here to do anything? News flash. We aren't in the Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, area. I don't recall Dayton getting much hype from the Media when they went to state in 08. Heck Beaumont probably gave Dayton more time in the media than Houston did.  

Well, what is it man? You just talked about Aston going down and us losing to the #6 team in the state like losing the district MVP shouldn't hurt. Now you say losing McBride, who doesn't even touch the ball every play, hurt y'all. Running the ball? Dude, did you watch Dayton this year, they couldn't run the ball on anybody so losing him should have been way less of an effect than losing our qb.

If losing 1 player causes u problems then something is wrong. Losing mc. Bride hurt us because we had to throw the ball all the time with a qb that had no experience. Losing aston hurt yall because with out his brother holding his hand austin didn't know what to do. Crosby had a good year and the only reason was because they had both of the twins. With just one twin they couldn't do anything even though they had this bad a** back up quarter back that u dream about all the time.
If I could choose aston walter or kyle mc. Bride to play for my team I would chose kyle mc. Bride every time. People look at mc. Bride and they think he can't do much but he is a great football player.

You talk about how dayton sucked without mc. Bride and u are right. A lot of that was due to bad decision making by an inexperienced qb. Which this next season he will be back and better than ever. U just wait and see.

Crosby cougars predicted to finish either 3rd or 4th in district and have a first round exit in the playoffs. Unless yall can convince the uil to let the walter twins play another year. Which in that case yall might finish 2nd.

But I thought the RB was the better of the two and if SC quit playing teams like South Houston maybe they would've been battle tested...SC reminds me of the Pacers great in regular season but disappear in the playoff!!!

If losing 1 player causes u problems then something is wrong. Losing mc. Bride hurt us because we had to throw the ball all the time with a qb that had no experience. Losing aston hurt yall because with out his brother holding his hand austin didn't know what to do. Crosby had a good year and the only reason was because they had both of the twins. With just one twin they couldn't do anything even though they had this bad a** back up quarter back that u dream about all the time.
If I could choose aston walter or kyle mc. Bride to play for my team I would chose kyle mc. Bride every time. People look at mc. Bride and they think he can't do much but he is a great football player.
You talk about how dayton sucked without mc. Bride and u are right. A lot of that was due to bad decision making by an inexperienced qb. Which this next season he will be back and better than ever. U just wait and see.
Crosby cougars predicted to finish either 3rd or 4th in district and have a first round exit in the playoffs. Unless yall can convince the uil to let the walter twins play another year. Which in that case yall might finish 2nd.

You should choose McBride, he's y'all guy. Everybody else would choose the kid who's never missed a start and consistently produced. McBride is tiny even compared to my little Cougar. We'll see if he make it through the season this time though. Losing your best player hurts EVERY team, that's why he's your best player.

But I thought the RB was the better of the two and if SC quit playing teams like South Houston maybe they would've been battle tested...SC reminds me of the Pacers great in regular season but disappear in the playoff!!!

They both would be the same if they switched positions. Supposedly Austin can't throw but I'm sure he would've been extremely good at qb anyway. Aston rpushed for like 260 on Dayton this past year so I think that answers your question there. SC thought PNG was supposed to be a tough team but they beat them by about 60 the two times they matched up. They also beat Dayton by 50+ the two times they played so IDK who else they should've put on the schedule, there's only two non-district games for us.

They both would be the same if they switched positions. Supposedly Austin can't throw but I'm sure he would've been extremely good at qb anyway. Aston rpushed for like 260 on Dayton this past year so I think that answers your question there. SC thought PNG was supposed to be a tough team but they beat them by about 60 the two times they matched up. They also beat Dayton by 50+ the two times they played so IDK who else they should've put on the schedule, there's only two non-district games for us.

I hope you are meaning combined points in those matchups

Don't make it out like you don't hate Dayton as much as Dayton hates Crosby. You are 99% of the reason everyone on here blast Crosby. And as for the media picking teams from around here to do anything? News flash. We aren't in the Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, area. I don't recall Dayton getting much hype from the Media when they went to state in 08. Heck Beaumont probably gave Dayton more time in the media than Houston did.

April, I could really care less about Dayton, just like the kids that play don't care. It's just another game to them, the week after don't even care. It's a rivalry game, but that's mostly for the people in the stands. My son is friends with kids in Dayton, NS, Humble, Channel view, etc. He doesn't see them any different than any other team, except for his dad telling him it's a big game. After my kids leave school I won't give two flips who wins or loses in this series, probably won't even attend the games. If Crosby starts to go downhill I'll move to NS and let my kids play there, my loyalty is as thick as a dollar bill. As in I don't want to pay for college so my sons and nephews will attend the school that best allows that to happen, period.

I appreciate the 99% comment too. I will never make another post on here about what Crosby will/won't can/can't do. I don't want the reason people don't like Crosby to be because Cougar14 thinks they'll win And actually uses statistics to back it up instead of blind faith. I really appreciate April, and not in a sarcastic way. I think my time has come to a conclusion so from now on I'll let my little Cougars talk. They'll all wear 14 so they should be easy to spot.