**#5 BRIDGE CITY at #13 SILSBEE**/BC wins 2-1

Final

R         H         E

BC                    2         4          1

SIL                    1         3          1

Shugart with 16 K's

Bridge City player Ashton Hunter got ejected for arguing with the ump over strikes and balls after he got rung up on a called third strike that he did not like then threw his helmet. A few innings earlier in the game another Bridge City player came close to being ejected because of the same thing. The ump was not on a power trip. Why is that the first thing people say when a player gets ejected.

Bridge City player Ashton Hunter got ejected for arguing with the ump over strikes and balls after he got rung up on a called third strike that he did not like then threw his helmet. A few innings earlier in the game another Bridge City player came close to being ejected because of the same thing. The ump was not on a power trip. Why is that the first thing people say when a player gets ejected.

You obviously saw it different than some. The helmet throw that you speak of was a flip to the dugout before he took off for his position in the outfield. This is how big boys play ball, you ought to check it out sometime. He never argued the call, and yes the umpire was on a complete power trip. The other incident you speak of was a total power trip, in fact the umpire got in the face of a player and told him in these exact words "I control this game". Now you spin it any way you want to but I have multiple texts from Silsbee parents who saw it exactly how I just wrote it. Both of the guys who called the game were ridiculously bad and had limited knowledge of rules and proper positions from which to make calls. They missed a horrible obstruction call at first base and had to be "schooled" on the rules of a dead ball interference. The field umpire instigated a confrontation between innings with some BC parents and that showed exactly where both of these guys minds were at, it was all about them. The guy behind the plate just absolutely "hammered" the Silsbee pitcher, Griffin, in the late innings with a nearly impossible to read strike zone. He punished that kid and it wasn't even funny. Both teams were victims of this crew and I would be willing to bet you they never work a BC or Silsbee game again. There were also other schools present who made the same remark that these 2 would be on their list of guys they would prefer NOT to call their games. In a game of this importance it's a dang shame that the umpires will be more remembered than the game,players, or anything else. Both teams deserved better. Now I anxiously await your one sided and obviously skewed reply.

Rake1

I agree that the two umps were not the best. Too inconsistent behind the plate for sure.

But I will say this, it is obvious different times than when I played. I was taught you never question or show up an ump as a player in any manner no matter how bad it is.

Not sure that Ashton should have been tossed but I can understand. The ump seemed to be already primed based on the earlier confrontations.

You obviously saw it different than some. The helmet throw that you speak of was a flip to the dugout before he took off for his position in the outfield. This is how big boys play ball, you ought to check it out sometime. He never argued the call, and yes the umpire was on a complete power trip. The other incident you speak of was a total power trip, in fact the umpire got in the face of a player and told him in these exact words "I control this game". Now you spin it any way you want to but I have multiple texts from Silsbee parents who saw it exactly how I just wrote it. Both of the guys who called the game were ridiculously bad and had limited knowledge of rules and proper positions from which to make calls. They missed a horrible obstruction call at first base and had to be "schooled" on the rules of a dead ball interference. The field umpire instigated a confrontation between innings with some BC parents and that showed exactly where both of these guys minds were at, it was all about them. The guy behind the plate just absolutely "hammered" the Silsbee pitcher, Griffin, in the late innings with a nearly impossible to read strike zone. He punished that kid and it wasn't even funny. Both teams were victims of this crew and I would be willing to bet you they never work a BC or Silsbee game again. There were also other schools present who made the same remark that these 2 would be on their list of guys they would prefer NOT to call their games. In a game of this importance it's a dang shame that the umpires will be more remembered than the game,players, or anything else. Both teams deserved better. Now I anxiously await your one sided and obviously skewed reply.

Rake1

If you want to debate the umps calls, you have no argue from me. Both teams got calls from the wild strike zone. It is a shame for an ump to have any kind of confrontation with fans. If you have ever coached or umped or just watch games you know your not supposed to argue balls and strikes. You learn that from early on. The big boys get tossed for that also, you ought to check that out sometime . And whether you want to believe it or not, the ump is in charged of the game. Now, that was my one sided and obviously skewed reply, we've already read yours. Spin that.    

If you want to debate the umps calls, you have no argue from me. Both teams got calls from the wild strike zone. It is a shame for an ump to have any kind of confrontation with fans. If you have ever coached or umped or just watch games you know your not supposed to argue balls and strikes. You learn that from early on. The big boys get tossed for that also, you ought to check that out sometime . And whether you want to believe it or not, the ump is in charged of the game. Now, that was my one sided and obviously skewed reply, we've already read yours. Spin that.

Exactly the kind of reply I expected, no surprise there. You are the only one spinning the story and its going counter clockwise. Contrary to your distorted and skewed account of the episode nobody argued balls and strikes so you can quit beating the dead horse. One day you may realize that some players play at a higher level than your "little league" expectations. Leaving a bat in the batters box on a walk, dropping or FLIPPING YOUR HELMET after the 3rd out in order to hustle to your position on defense, and other things are taught and considered to be the "right way" to play the game. I can't help it if you can't comprehend that, your loss. Please continue trying to make more out of this situation than needs to be made. It looks exactly like what it is, a one sided account of an individual with limited knowledge of both the situation and the game of baseball.

Rake1

I thought the confrontation was with the Uzzle kid but I could be wrong. I agree with you AAW. If my kid would have argued with the ump I would have yanked his chain right there infront of everyone :D 

I agree 100% with AAW on the disrespect issue! After coaching for 23 yrs up to and including high school baseball I can assure I would be the first to discipline a kid for that behavior, if in fact they were doing that. The confrontation with Uzzle was over the amount of warm up pitches between innings, the umpire was way out of line and spoke to the kid in an unprofessional manner, period.

Rake1

Exactly the kind of reply I expected, no surprise there. You are the only one spinning the story and its going counter clockwise. Contrary to your distorted and skewed account of the episode nobody argued balls and strikes so you can quit beating the dead horse. One day you may realize that some players play at a higher level than your "little league" expectations. Leaving a bat in the batters box on a walk, dropping or FLIPPING YOUR HELMET after the 3rd out in order to hustle to your position on defense, and other things are taught and considered to be the "right way" to play the game. I can't help it if you can't comprehend that, your loss. Please continue trying to make more out of this situation than needs to be made. It looks exactly like what it is, a one sided account of an individual with limited knowledge of both the situation and the game of baseball.

Rake1

There's  all kinds of ways considered to be the "right way". Its the "wrong way" that will get you in trouble.