#tbt

PhatMack19

Sad part is that most Texas fans - specially the ones that post here - believe that still to be true.  They have a hard time accepting the fact that A&M did not fail and fail miserably in the move to the SEC and still post that it was all JFF and that once he is gone A&M will again fall into Texas's shadow - we will see.  If A&M handles its new found fame properly it will never be Texas's red-headed step child again.

Sad part is that most Texas fans - specially the ones that post here - believe that still to be true.  They have a hard time accepting the fact that A&M did not fail and fail miserably in the move to the SEC and still post that it was all JFF and that once he is gone A&M will again fall into Texas's shadow - we will see.  If A&M handles its new found fame properly it will never be Texas's red-headed step child again.

SO you are saying that aTm would have gone into the SEC and done just as well without one of the best players in their schools history? Jameil Showers would have put them in the national spotlight?

Come on man! Even with John Boy, you have finished no higher that what, 4th, in your own conference?

Better than expected? Sure. We will see how things go in the coming seasons.

SO you are saying that aTm would have gone into the SEC and done just as well without one of the best players in their schools history? Jameil Showers would have put them in the national spotlight?

Come on man! Even with John Boy, you have finished no higher that what, 4th, in your own conference?

Better than expected? Sure. We will see how things go in the coming seasons.

Regardless of what has happened or who made it happen or how long it will remain - A&M is the better overall program today then Texas - accept it and quit living in denial.

Regardless of what has happened or who made it happen or how long it will remain - A&M is the better overall program today then Texas - accept it and quit living in denial.

A blip on the radar.  They are better now.  But that, as history has told us, will not last.  Ultimately, it is too much to overcome what most think is the premier school in this State as well as what each school has to offer kids.  Like it or not, for about 80 percent of the time or more, A&M will always be little brother.  If you can't accept that, you have been living in denial for a long, long time ;)

King and TxHoops - As I have always stated both of you are correct when it comes to the history of Texas and Texas A&M - but that was before A&M left Texas's shadow and moved to the SEC.  Only time will tell how the long term benefits and problems that the move to the SEC will cost or benefit A&M.  I predict that the relationship will be more beneficial to the Aggies in the long run and the State of Texas will become a lot more equal than what "History" has shown.  Again Texas fans like to look at the History of the relationship over the last 50 - 60 years and if that is the context that you look at only then yes I AGREE Texas is the dominate program between the two - but we as Aggies like to look at the more recent history and that shows programs that are a lot more equal than Texas fans wish to believe - and I am not talking just about the JFF years either. 

But - Sigh - Again only time will tell. 

If you take Jamies away from FSU they are still a top 15 team.

Aggies defense was terrible, and they only beat 1 ranked opponent with the best QB in college football.

And still was considered a better team than Texas.  And another argument as to why JFF should have been the Heisman winner again this year  ;)

King and TxHoops - As I have always stated both of you are correct when it comes to the history of Texas and Texas A&M - but that was before A&M left Texas's shadow and moved to the SEC. Only time will tell how the long term benefits and problems that the move to the SEC will cost or benefit A&M. I predict that the relationship will be more beneficial to the Aggies in the long run and the State of Texas will become a lot more equal than what "History" has shown. Again Texas fans like to look at the History of the relationship over the last 50 - 60 years and if that is the context that you look at only then yes I AGREE Texas is the dominate program between the two - but we as Aggies like to look at the more recent history and that shows programs that are a lot more equal than Texas fans wish to believe - and I am not talking just about the JFF years either.

But - Sigh - Again only time will tell.

And still was considered a better team than Texas. And another argument as to why JFF should have been the Heisman winner again this year ;)

Winston would be the lock #1 pick in the draft of he were able to come out. Hard to quibble with him winning (as it would be hard to say JFF wasn't deserving had he won).

As for the rest of it, you could be right. However, when both teams are winning, Texas will still hold the advantage. Kentucky does just fine in basketball even though the SEC is generally weak sauce as a conference in basketball. They pick the school over the conference. Especially when they believe they will never seriously contend for championships at one college. The worm is turning again IMO.