Tyler Kolek, Shepherd HS (TX), Scout.com Recruiting Profile

They didn't sneek in, Tyler broke his arm in the second district game and little brother put the team on his back and carried them to the playoffs. Coach Jackson coached his butt off as well.

I just think it is a little premature to say that they are already in the playoffs this year, when no district games have been played.

They didn't sneek in, Tyler broke his arm in the second district game and little brother put the team on his back and carried them to the playoffs. Coach Jackson coached his butt off as well.
I just think it is a little premature to say that they are already in the playoffs this year, when no district games have been played.

This is correct. Tyler only played two district games and Stephen pitched his butt off. Please don't put the cart before the horse on the playoffs. This team is going to have to start hitting the ball if they are going anywhere. Two really good pitchers is not enough!!!

Tyler plays a little bit of 3rd and 1st, mostly he is the Dh and pitches. Stephen plays ss when he is not on the mound.

Some of the scouts had him at 101 mph last night. Yes he pounded the strike zone and had good control. Yes he hit two batters last night. One was cause the kid was crowding the plate and he threw a pitch on the inside. The other was a curve ball that just got away from him. I doubt the Astros take him, they really like some of the college pitchers that are out there. I would look for him to go between the 3rd to 5th pick.

He is the real deal but the downfall for the pirates is their hitting. Evans for tarkington got the win last night by throwing a no hitter and striking out 20. Had Tyler stayed in his numbers would have been similar but they put in Stephen and the horns scratched out two runs on three hits and got the win. A great game and pleasure to see a great pithers duel.

He is the real deal but the downfall for the pirates is their hitting. Evans for tarkington got the win last night by throwing a no hitter and striking out 20. Had Tyler stayed in his numbers would have been similar but they put in Stephen and the horns scratched out two runs on three hits and got the win. A great game and pleasure to see a great pithers duel.

Tyler looked really good last night, he hit his spots well. Tarkington's pitcher looked really good also and knows how to pitch. All I can do it take my hat off to that kid from Tarkington, he pitched one heck of a game.

Let me get this straight... Tarkington's pitcher threw a no hitter and struck out 20 batters last night?? That's a very impressive feat if true congrats to that young man.

Yes a walk and error away from a perfect game if you liked pitching this was a great game on both sides.