BobcatDis

Texas State picks up another transfer, but this time it's a big one from the Big 12.

Easy Anyama committed to Texas State for football back in 2012/2013, Anyama ultimately decided for track over football and signed with the Longhorns. He recently received his full release from Texas and will finish up his last class in Austin this week, before reporting to fall camp in San Marcos. 

Anyama, now checking in at 6-3, 206, has the size and speed to play multiple positions.  Coaches will be giving him a look at both OLB and safety.

Due to NCAA rules, he will sit out and redshirt this season, eligible in 2015 as a redshirt sophomore.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/526279/easy-anyama

http://youtu.be/DA-6wXe8Pno

Here's what Eric Nahlin of Inside Texas had to say:

"To me this is a very big development. I like Anyama's film when he came out of Stafford and thought he was crazy for choosing track at Texas over football at TXST. I told him that then and I told him that five minutes ago.

Anyama is a bit of a rarity. If he was a more refined football player he'd be a high offer prospect. He has the two things every coach in the country is looking for; length and speed.

He tells me TXST wants him to play linebacker and at 206 pounds right now and with a year to gain weight, he's confident he'll add the 20-30 pounds necessary to man the position. Speed won't be a problem. Adding weight shouldn't be either. From a skill-set standpoint, Anyama will be one of the most gifted players on the team. I fully believe he could have contributed at Texas.

Leaving Texas won't be easy, but it won't be hard either. He tells me he was struggling to overcome nagging track type injuries and when you're hurt you're nonexistent to the coaches. "That's not the coaches fault, that's just the way it is. I wanted to go somewhere I could be more useful." Anyama picked up the phone and a door he once closed himself was gractiously opened by Franchione. He'll enroll in the fall and pay for his first semester and then go on scholarship in January.

Positive development to say the least."

Commitment #7 is in! 

Jacob Rowland 6'5" 297lb OL of Wills Point has chosen Texas State over Arkansas State and ULM.

Per Scout site:

"Around 6:30pm I made the call and talked to staff. I did it over the phone. I talked to the O-line Coach first and he handed the phone to Coach Fran. He asked me if I was ready to be a Bobcat and was very excited. He was glad they we're getting a chance to coach me. He was happy for me and glad that I'm joining the Bobcat family. He wants me to come down and take an official visit during the fall. I've been weighing the pros and cons of it, I just really knew it was yesterday that I really figured it out. It seemed like the best fit for me and I pulled the trigger today," said Rowland.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2005046/jacob-rowland

Hebron HS linebacker Angelo Garbutt (6-2, 210) is the latest player to receive an offer from Texas State.

He also holds offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Navy, North Texas and Oregon State.

First team all-district selection as a junior. Recorded 55 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss and 6.5 sacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Commitment #8 is in

Aledo HS athlete Johnny Durham (6-0, 171)  confirmed last Wednesday that he has commited to Texas State.

He currently holds offers from Cornell, New Mexico, Ilinois State and SFA.  And it doesn't look like his offer count will stop. Texas Tech, Kansas State, Purdue, and Stanford are all showing interest in the Aledo defensive back.

He has been the #1 DB on the coaches board this year and the Bobcats hope they can hold onto him until that ink hits the paper on NSD.

"I really wanted to stay in Texas, and Texas State felt like the right fit for me and my family," said Durham. "A big factor in my decision was their commitment to me, when they told me that even if i got hurt in my senior season, they would not withdraw my offer."

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/830571/highlights/66603378

Commitments #9 and #10

6'4" 240LB DE Dustin McWhorter of Graham HS and 6'1" 255LB DE Josh Uluocha of Stafford HS

Dustin says he will be shutting down his recruitment, and is 100 percent a Bobcat.  He chose Texas State over offers from Colorado State and North Texas.  And Josh had offers from Army and UTSA, with current interest from Rice, Houston, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Wake Forest, Purdue, and Baylor.

Per Dustin on his decision:

"The Coaches make it feel like home. They took me in and told me how much they wanted me to be a Bobcat," said McWhorter.

"Another thing was I was told that I had a good chance to be a starter as a Freshman, if I don't redshirt, but I want to earn my place and role on the team. I definitely don't like to sit on the sideline," said McWhorter.

Commitment #11 is in

6'2" 255LB DE Malik Manciel of Florence HS committed to Texas State coaching staff last night.  Another much needed big body who has a high ceiling. He also had offers from Mississippi State, Arkansas State, Louisiana Lafayette, Southern Miss, UAB, and Western Kentucky.

Here is the only video I have of him.  He appears at around the 1:30 mark

https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/RCS-Birmingham-OL-vs-DL-1124319;_ylt=AktpcxNtLgI6kKs1m1Wlk41HPZB4

• 2 weeks later...

New offer went out to 6'4" 215lb OLB Austin Corbett of Plano East HS.  He currently has offers from Navy, Nevada, UTSA, and ULM. 

Correction to Austin's offer list.  He holds 10 offers with UTSA, SMU, Harvard, Cornell, Navy, Air Force, Nevada, Texas State, New Mexico, and Louisiana Monroe topping the list.

"Texas State is my newest offer, so i am still trying to do more research and learn more about them," said Corbett. "I plan on taking a visit to San Marcos, sometime in September, and if they impress me, they definitely have a chance to break into my top five."

Per TXST Rivals Site, these recruits will be in attendance at this Saturday's game

2015 recruits
Austin Corbett linebacker from Plano East HS
Lawrence Jackson, athlete from Tomball Memorial HS
LG Williams, quarterback from Cibolo Steele HS (committed)
CJ Williams, receiver from Cibolo Steele HS
Anthony Johnson, defensive back from Cibolo Steele HS
Justin Gamble, receiver from Stony Point HS (offered)
Myles Cheatum, defensive end from Cedar Park HS (offered)
Bralon Hutchison, RB/WR from La Grange HS (offered)
Wyatt Leath, DE/LS from Rockwall Heath HS
Blake King, safety from Friendswood HS
Rahn Bailey, linebacker from Clear Falls HS
Dustin McWhorter defensive end from Graham HS (committed)
Landon Beck, defensive end from Early HS (committed)
Kerry Walker, linebacker from Killeen Shoemaker HS (offered)
Blake Wright, safety from Friendswood HS
Noah McMeans, linebacker from La Vernia HS

2016 recruits
Zach Mack, offensive lineman from Gatesville HS
Kyle Randall, quarterback from Hutto HS
Isaish Townes, receiver from Pflugerville Hendrickson HS
Logan Pool, offensive lineman from Jack C. Hays HS
Brian Bullock, cornerback from Round Rock HS (offered)

Here is a breakdown of current TXST commits and their stats:

Week1 (Per Scout)

QB L.G. Williams, Steele HS

8 for 16, 167 yards passing, 11 carries 76 yards, 4 total TD's (2 passing & 2 rushing). Steele beat SA Madison, 35-0.

DT Malik Manciel, Florence HS (AL)

7 tackles, 4 TFLs, and 2 sacks. Florence HS lost 37-35, to Shades Valley HS.

DT Josh Ullocha Stafford HS

6 tackles, 2 TFLs. Stafford defeated East Bernard 41-15.

WR Justin Gamble, Stony Point HS

5 receptions for 122 yards, and 3 TD's. Stony Point beat Connally HS, 41-0.

DT Landon Beck, Early HS

4 tackles, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble. Early HS beat San Saba HS 41-2

DB Johnny Durham, Aledo HS

8 tackle and 3 for a loss. Aledo got by Cedar Park HS 21-17

DE Dustin McWhorter Graham HS

9 tackles & 1 sack

OL Jacob Rowland Wills Point HS

5 pancakes also 4 tackles and 2TFL

RB Nick Bingham Franklin HS
12 carries, 37 yards, 1 TD & 1 reception for 19 yds

New Defensive offer on the table going to 6'4" 227lb Rahn Bailey of Cypress Falls.  He currently remains committed to Bowling Green but the TXST offer has him interest enough to pay a visit to San Marvelous this weekend. 

Rahn Bailey Quotes:

"Texas State recently started talking to me and offered, they are a school I'm looking at," 

"I'm solid to Bowling Green for now, but want to see what the Bobcats have to offer."

"I'm ready to see the environment, sit back and think if I could see myself going there and even more, will I enjoy my four years there"

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1575495/highlights/104236381

• 4 weeks later...

Week 6 stats of current TXST commitments:

QB Blake Peterson, Washburn Rural HS
11-22 for 145 yards and 1 TD, 11 carries for 74 yards rushing
Washburn Rural falls to Junction City/St.Xavier HS, 20-13

QB L.G. Williams, Steele HS
11-18 203 yards 2TD, 9 rushes for 60 yards and a TD
Steele dominates Clemens HS, 31-0

RB Nick Bingham, Franklin HS
12 carries for 107 yards and a TD
Franklin defeats Soccorro HS, 49-14

DT Josh Uluocha, Stafford HS
6 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 2 QBH
Stafford falls to St. Pius X, 28-20

CB Johnny Durham, Aledo HS
4 tackles, 2 PBU, no passes completed to his side
Aledo wins big over Centennial HS, 55-27

2016 DB Target Brian Bullock of Round Rock has his first offer from Texas State.  He is currently receiving interest from Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, and Stanford also.  With that said it's only a matter of time before he starts landing P5 offers.  He was one of the many recruits on hand for last Saturday's home game and expressed that Texas State is making quite the impression on the young athlete.  His recent visit marks the 5th time he's made it to Texas State's Campus.

"What really stands out about Texas State are the fans, they are energetic the whole game.  I'm considering Texas State heavily right now.  I'm just so familiar with the program." said Bullock.

• 4 weeks later...