"REALLY" - NEDERLAND - "ONLY 2"

MAYFIELD

So the idea behind high school football is to get a handfull of athletes to the next level, that's it, the hell with TEAM WORK. It's the ME FIRST mentality that keeps alot of these schools from having a good program that helps ALL the kids develope into responsible adults. This whole conversation is "BS", 99% of these kids won't play college football, but you think the program should be there to help the 1% that might have the tools to make it playing college football, the school doesn't owe you anything, you play because you want to.

No I'm not saying thats whats its all about but what I am saying is that its not all about winning district championships either. You have to look at the bigger picture coaches should be role models that show their kids better paths in life and also give them opportunities to have a better life. I guess some of you fans have so much school pride that you could careless if a player from your school get a scholarship long as he is scoring touchdowns and winning games smh. And please stop making excuses saying that it is not the coaches job to get players recruited and the "most of our players aren't good enough to play at the next level". We had coaches pushing for players that played varsity for only a year and eventually end up getting them a scholarship. It doesn't hurt for a coach to try and get his players into college. 

I'm doing my part like I said my son knows what has to be done. Like today we are at Lamar junior invite, and what do I see former Bulldog Karin Johnson here, and with who his "HEAD COACH ". Good job Kenny Harrison on helping your players who buy in your program, rather they get to college or not. Hummer few Central coaches too humm

I guess I develop more of a personal relationship with my players than some coaches. I actually care what happens to these kids when they are done playing for me. If your kid commits 100% to me, I will do the same no matter how much eligibility you have left. That relationship last a lifetime and we still have former players that we see around town and try to help out via jobs or whatever. I just don't think I would be able to look myself in the mirror each morning knowing that I didn't do my absolute best to help a young kid out if I had the opportunity.

Nederland had 3 Srs from this years class ( Washington, Malveaux, Kimler) who received college offers. As noted, Kimler decided not to play. Mayfield please satisfy my curiosity and tell me what other player(s), on this years team, should have received an offer to play at the next level or in your opinion were qualified to play at the next level?  

So who has the better program? Ned or Ozen?  Why don't we change the names to Team ball and individual ball. The coaches, players, students and fans all expect to see the dogs win on Friday nights. Washington and Malveaux got scholarships this year and Colton could have, but that would be to their credit for achieving it. It would sure be unfair to the other 43 players on the team if they thought they were busting their tails just to earn scholarships for a few and not the glory of winning for their school and community. So for the critics of the way we do things in Nederland....it's a TEAM THING...you wouldn't understand.

The goal to win district championships, beat your rival and have a winning season, go to playoffs, teach young men self respect and how to be team players (this will go with them the rest of their lives), means nothing to some on this board; however, there is another board in Nederland that cares about this and, well maybe not so much in other school districts.  The coaches in Nederland would give any player fair input and support them in reaching their personal goals, whatever that may be. 

If you are looking for a wart on an ant, you will find it.