Alexis Morris

That girl is the real deal.  She can flat out go.  She has a chance to be the best women's player to come out of this area.  And that's saying a lot...there have been some great ones.

She will be the best (out of this area) before her high school career is over. She's already being courted by the *major* D1 programs in the country.

She will be the best (out of this area) before her high school career is over. She's already being courted by the *major* D1 programs in the country.

That depends on what you consider "this area".  SETX has produced some WNBA talent and at least one WNBA Hall of Fame player and Olympic gold medalist.

High School ball is not where you get better anyways!

I disagree, you do get better in HS in the right programs. Too often we discount our HS Coaches. Just like anything in life you have to take the good with the bad. Why is it when it comes to Basketball we think the players don't get better playing for their HS teams? Kids play other sports in HS do we pass the same judgement? If your kid isn't putting in the extra work on his/her own they won't get much better. I can guarantee Alexis put in tons of extra work to get looks from D1 schools as a MS athlete. Bottom line, don't expect the HS Coach to work miracles when your Child isn't seeking Miracles. JMO

A lot of people don't realize the time and effort these kids put in by themselves when everybody else is sleeping. The summer months allow certain players to play against other major D1 players who been putting in the same work. High school allows these kids to play in different systems. High school gives the kids more (team) gym team. Both are a benefit.

A lot of people don't realize the time and effort these kids put in by themselves when everybody else is sleeping. The summer months allow certain players to play against other major D1 players who been putting in the same work. High school allows these kids to play in different systems. High school gives the kids more (team) gym team. Both are a benefit.

Spoken like a true scholar. Hey Dove, you wouldn't happen to have any experience with would you?? :P 

>>>>>> (smirks cuz I know i'm being messy) LOL

What you guys said is what I am talking about. It's the hard work that you put in after practices and after games. It doesn't really matter where you play HS and what level of competition you face while in HS. As long as you put in the work on your own outside of HS you will get better. JRidge is working with the youth outside of any HS practice or select practice. These kids are the ones getting better. The ones in the driveway busting there rears while others are on there phones and hanging out at the mall. Who is everybody talking about today? #3 from Ozen, why? Because she is putting in the extra work. It's not because she is playing at Ozen.

What you guys said is what I am talking about. It's the hard work that you put in after practices and after games. It doesn't really matter where you play HS and what level of competition you face while in HS. As long as you put in the work on your own outside of HS you will get better. JRidge is working with the youth outside of any HS practice or select practice. These kids are the ones getting better. The ones in the driveway busting there rears while others are on there phones and hanging out at the mall. Who is everybody talking about today? #3 from Ozen, why? Because she is putting in the extra work. It's not because she is playing at Ozen.

Good points!

But playing against the best competition is how we judge exactly how talented a player is, thats why I want to see her play at Ozen(and maybe for my own selfish reasons as well) but I really want to judge exactly how good she is playing for the best program in the area. Its like college, the best players play for the best programs. How would we feel if the #1 football recruit went and played in the sunbelt or chose to play at the D-1aa level. It just don't make sense, the girl is having to score 40 a game to give her team a chance to win thats ridiculous. She's definitely won't be getting any better playing at legacy knowing that there won't be anyone to push her in practices or games. For the next 3 years she would basically have to wait until summer ball to play against real competition it could definitely hurt her in the long run. 

But playing against the best competition is how we judge exactly how talented a player is, thats why I want to see her play at Ozen(and maybe for my own selfish reasons as well) but I really want to judge exactly how good she is playing for the best program in the area. Its like college, the best players play for the best programs. How would we feel if the #1 football recruit went and played in the sunbelt or chose to play at the D-1aa level. It just don't make sense, the girl is having to score 40 a game to give her team a chance to win thats ridiculous. She's definitely won't be getting any better playing at legacy knowing that there won't be anyone to push her in practices or games. For the next 3 years she would basically have to wait until summer ball to play against real competition it could definitely hurt her in the long run. 

Nah, it ain't gonna hurt her. The major D1 coaches aren't that interested in seeing her play against competition in high school. High school basketball just isn't that competitive compared to playing on a team she plays on. Coaches want to see her against the "big dogs." High school ball keeps her in the gym  keeps her in a little basketball shape for the summer.

College coaches might observe a few HS games, but just like all other sports, the college coaches are more worried about their own season. Who wants to recruit a HS tournament and watch maybe 5 girls, when they can go watch a select tournament and see teams full of potential recruits. Alexis has been going to college camps playing against HS players and dominating them. Then when a coach looks at education and sees a high GPA from a private school and knows they will not have to worry about academic issues even a bigger plus! If she played at Ozen this past year how many Div 1 recruits would she have faced? Not very many!

Onechance to answer your question morris would have faced 2-3 D1 players just in district. As for getting her district would still be tough if she was eligible. GCM brings back a stud that carries the team and a good jv team. lumberton loses Jacks and may start off slow but the rest will have another year in that system and should be rolling by district.