Marcus Smart is an idiot

Marcus Smart deserves his share of blame, but I have to question what the man was saying. He's probably in his 50s or 60s, apparently wealthy as espn said he flies to all of tech's games, and clearly was screaming something at Smart while he was on the ground. Smart was getting up to get back into the play, facing away from the crowd, then whips his head around and goes into the crowd after the guy. So yes, while Smart acted like an idiot, I also feel that as fans we have a responsibility to be respectful to the players on the floor, especially when they're still kids, and especially when we're grown men. i'll be interested to see what the guy says he said.

Marcus Smart deserves his share of blame, but I have to question what the man was saying. He's probably in his 50s or 60s, apparently wealthy as espn said he flies to all of tech's games, and clearly was screaming something at Smart while he was on the ground. Smart was getting up to get back into the play, facing away from the crowd, then whips his head around and goes into the crowd after the guy. So yes, while Smart acted like an idiot, I also feel that as fans we have a responsibility to be respectful to the players on the floor, especially when they're still kids, and especially when we're grown men. i'll be interested to see what the guy says he said.

That's part of sports. If players reacted to everything that idiot fans say, there would be brawls in the stands every few minutes.

That doesn't mean the fans aren't complicit. And it's different when the player is a little older and more mature, plus making millions of dollars to put up with it. This kid's only two years removed from high school. Would you have a problem with it if he was a 17-year-old high schooler?

That doesn't mean the fans aren't complicit. And it's different when the player is a little older and more mature, plus making millions of dollars to put up with it. This kid's only two years removed from high school. Would you have a problem with it if he was a 17-year-old high schooler?

Remember the saber drawing on SMU cheerleader/pony tender?

Funny how opinions change!

HOOKEM

Trash talk is a part of every sport and you can obviously see by Smart's reaction that the fan something across the line. If the 'N' word is the only trash talk you can do, you're an idiot. Smart has got to keep his emotions in check and not act like, but he's a competitive kid that actually hurt his team in that situation. Just because you either give money to the program or buy a ticket doesn't give you the right to say things that cross the line.

The guy apparently called Smart "a piece of crap" (in those words).....Personally i've been called worse and walked away in a public setting, he did this on a national stage. IMO Smart should have been suspended until Conference Tourney time and the Orr guy should be banned from attending Tech games for the rest of the year (as which of now he has volunteered to not attend anymore Tech games this year)......

If you dont understand it I suggest you check the current slate of football games that are to be played this week. :rolleyes:

In your area?.................across Texas?................the USA?...............or the world?

I watched an English football game on TV yesterday...............but it was on cable...........lol

Remember the saber drawing on SMU cheerleader/pony tender?

Funny how opinions change!

HOOKEM

How did this even make the conversation-you really need to work on your Texas A&M infatuation - - first nobody that I am aware of defended that action then or now and second he was not a player on he field or court for that matter.

More on this subject:

If the man made any racial comments then he should be held at least partially accountable - and he has stated that he will not attend any more games this year -that in itself makes me wonder what he actually did say.

But the fact is a player in any sport at any level can have to deal with fans of questionable character and if they go after the fan there needs to be punishment - and I agree in this case the punishment needs to be more than 3 games.

How did this even make the conversation-you really need to work on your Texas A&M infatuation - - first nobody that I am aware of defended that action then or now and second he was not a player on he field or court for that matter.

More on this subject:

If the man made any racial comments then he should be held at least partially accountable - and he has stated that he will not attend any more games this year -that in itself makes me wonder what he actually did say.

But the fact is a player in any sport at any level can have to deal with fans of questionable character and if they go after the fan there needs to be punishment - and I agree in this case the punishment needs to be more than 3 games.

You cannot change history..........and you cannot forget about it just because it happened more than 10 years ago.......or somebodies lifetime.

A lot more similarities than you know or remember.

HOOKEM