20-AAAA

Javelina

I understand both sides of the discussion.  The Mid County schools are "expected" to compete for a district title each year and that drives the players!  Teams like Vidor and Lumberton, who both should have solid teams this year, don't have that expectation in their programs.  I'm not saying they'll never get there, but they're not there now.  Here's my predictions:

1) PNG  Pitching, pitching and more pitching.  Did I mention they have pitching

2) LC-M

3) Vidor

4) Lumberton

Sorry Ned, you guys are gonna struggle this year. 

I understand both sides of the discussion.  The Mid County schools are "expected" to compete for a district title each year and that drives the players!  Teams like Vidor and Lumberton, who both should have solid teams this year, don't have that expectation in their programs.  I'm not saying they'll never get there, but they're not there now.  Here's my predictions:

1) PNG  Pitching, pitching and more pitching.  Did I mention they have pitching

2) LC-M

3) Vidor

4) Lumberton

Sorry Ned, you guys are gonna struggle this year. 

We will see............that's why we play

GO DOGS

Just don't think you guys are giving the boys from lumberton any credit they have 8 returning players and a pitching staff that can compete with png any day of the week.. Prediction 1.PNG/Lumberton toss up
3. Vidor
4. Think my dogs somehow slip in to that four spot

I don't think Lumerton's staff as a whole compares to PNG. PNG essentially has 3 number 1 starters, and a wild card in Logan Chipman. If Chipman can put it together, he has the tools to be one of the best in the area.
1. PNG
2. Vidor
3. Lumberton
4._____________

Well, I guess Ozen/Central will see you guys in track :lol: 

Can the Panthers return the favor and upset LCM in baseball??? (careful, it sounded the same way in basketball) :P 

Well Bigcam, Ozen is considered the bottom dwellers of 20-4a because of their past history! The district arguably has some of the best baseball teams in this area year in and year out, therefore Ozen & Central has a lot of work to do to become contenders! But, the good news is both programs are starting to have large numbers of kids who have been playing this game for awhile now. If they had a quality coach in Little League as some have, then their programs should improve each year. They may shock some teams this year and make the playoff race more interesting due to some possible upsets! :o Lol 

Well Bigcam, Ozen is considered the bottom dwellers of 20-4a because of their past history! The district arguably has some of the best baseball teams in this area year in and year out, therefore Ozen & Central has a lot of work to do to become contenders! But, the good news is both programs are starting to have large numbers of kids who have been playing this game for awhile now. If they had a quality coach in Little League as some have, then their programs should improve each year. They may shock some teams this year and make the playoff race more interesting due to some possible upsets! :o Lol

Let's Go Panthers!!!

Well Bigcam, Ozen is considered the bottom dwellers of 20-4a because of their past history! The district arguably has some of the best baseball teams in this area year in and year out, therefore Ozen & Central has a lot of work to do to become contenders! But, the good news is both programs are starting to have large numbers of kids who have been playing this game for awhile now. If they had a quality coach in Little League as some have, then their programs should improve each year. They may shock some teams this year and make the playoff race more interesting due to some possible upsets! :o Lol

Ozen has made the playoffs a few times and has had it's share of college players. They have had way more success than Central. Ozen's history in baseball isn't much different than Lumberton.

Ozen has at least 6 kids I now of who are playing college baseball from it's past 2 seasons. They have always had talent but lacked overall team baseball knowledge & experience from each player. Glad to see that this is starting to change and experience in the next few years won't be a factor. I would bet they will have the fastest team though in 20-4a. JMO

We'll if history has nothing to do with it then why do the same teams keep winning year in and year out. Winning breeds winning. No question about that. If you wanna dispute the season then you have to be prepared to back it up. There are exceptions to this rule but everyone can see these groups coming from a mile away. Not saying Lumberton won't win it all. Just saying they need to compete before they are considered in the top group in district. He'll Nederland has been winning in basketball and can't get any respect from the beaumont power houses. If you want respect go earn it. Don't bitch about it before you deserve it

We'll if history has nothing to do with it then why do the same teams keep winning year in and year out. Winning breeds winning. No question about that. If you wanna dispute the season then you have to be prepared to back it up. There are exceptions to this rule but everyone can see these groups coming from a mile away. Not saying Lumberton won't win it all. Just saying they need to compete before they are considered in the top group in district. He'll Nederland has been winning in basketball and can't get any respect from the beaumont power houses. If you want respect go earn it. Don't bitch about it before you deserve it

I must ask, where did this outrageous, misinterpreted, and obviously misdirected comment come from? I mean no one is asking for respect of their programs, respect is earned. Most importantly no one's (quote) "Bitching", and your agressive tone is definetly not needed. Nederland has done their thing year in and year out in all sports, which makes them what some would say a power house in 20-4a. With that being known and said, no one is going to take a backseat to anyone in the district, regardless of any past accomplishments! The games are played between the lines and you have definitely crossed it with your hostle remark. Let the kids play and the results speak because it sounds better when they do it! IJS

• 2 months later...