HJ 79 OF 47 Final/Friday

The big guy did not impress, he is playing against kids that are 6'2 and yet they were taking the ball from him.  That kid should dominate in this area and from what I saw he is the new version of BJ Mclendon from the old Lamar team.  He had several blocks against smaller kids, big deal.  He is very slow, not very aggressive and puts the ball on the floor everytime he gets it down low.  A good team would eat his lunch just like St Thomas did.  He could not even dunk consistently in warm ups.  The Donahoe kid was very smooth and seems like a good kid.  HJ does tend to play dirty though and do not like in your face basketball.  I think they will do fine in our local "basketball powerhouse" are but they are not a great team and I would be really surprised for them win one game in the playoffs, assuming they even make them.

The big guy did not impress, he is playing against kids that are 6'2 and yet they were taking the ball from him.  That kid should dominate in this area and from what I saw he is the new version of BJ Mclendon from the old Lamar team.  He had several blocks against smaller kids, big deal.  He is very slow, not very aggressive and puts the ball on the floor everytime he gets it down low.  A good team would eat his lunch just like St Thomas did.  He could not even dunk consistently in warm ups.  The Donahoe kid was very smooth and seems like a good kid.  HJ does tend to play dirty though and do not like in your face basketball.  I think they will do fine in our local "basketball powerhouse" are but they are not a great team and I would be really surprised for them win one game in the playoffs, assuming they even make them.

WOW! your are really dumb....next time you talk you really should think about what you are saying....no reason to be upset that yall lost....

Guest catfever

Lets not misrepresent things here.  HJ completely dominated the 1st half.  OF came out and outplayed them in the 3rd quarter.  Don't tell me that HJ did not have the big 6'10" kid and Donahoe, and Burrell, and Bernard in during the 3rd quarter.  Give OF the same credit during that period of time that you give HJ during the whole game.  HJ might have played subs during some parts of the 2nd half, but Donahoe did not come out of the game until the last 2 minutes of the game even though they were up by 30 or 40 as you have said.  Is HJ a very good team?  Heck yes.  You are also correct in the fact that HJ plays physical, not dirty.  Don't make it out to seem like the OF players were playing dirty though.  If HJ wants the game to be physical, then the game willl be physical.  There were no cheap shots thrown by OF.  As a parent, I love to see those kids not give up, even though the odds are stacked against them.  HJ will make the playoffs and good luck to them. 

:o

Ok u really need o think very hard about wat u said... We beat yall fair and square now you dont have to cry about it

Not saying  at all that the HJ team is not good.  they are well coached, the donahoe team is a good player.  When you think of 6'9 against 6'2 inside you should have someone being a dominator, he is not and maybe that is not the intent for him, I just expected more after all of the hype around him. The Neatherly kid is a much better athlet and more of a dominator. You beat us fair and square, you should with that talent, what I said is that you are good for this area, not real good in the big picture.  I am not whining about it, just not very classy fans sitting on one end of the floor, and I hear that they are even worse when playing at home.  The dirty comment had to do with the elbows that were being thrown when the defense was getting tight, it was not Donahoe or the big guy, it was one of the other players.  I agree that the starters played until well into the 4th quarter, donahoe came out with 3 minutes left on a timeout and the others followed. 

We have played several in your face type defenses like WOS we enjoy great games and don't mind them a bit. it's all about preparing for post season, and yes the big guy is slow but i think he scored quite a few points against OF and had a lot of rebounds, he has been steady improving all year, and we are proud of him so don't be talkin smack he is a good kid. You must have height envy.

14 pts if I am not mistaken, again, he is 6'10 playing against no one over 6'3, he should get every rebound down there.  OF also took the ball away from him several times with their smaller guards as he continued to bring the ball down and put it on the floor.  I never said that he was a bad kid, he seemed like he was a good kid.  My only point on him was that there was alot of hype about this kid, and he by no means other than by his size played up to that.  If he is continuing to get better that is great, just by having seen him and Neatherly, Neatherly was a better player.  I do not mean anything negative about the kid.

Not saying  at all that the HJ team is not good.  they are well coached, the donahoe team is a good player.  When you think of 6'9 against 6'2 inside you should have someone being a dominator, he is not and maybe that is not the intent for him, I just expected more after all of the hype around him. The Neatherly kid is a much better athlet and more of a dominator. You beat us fair and square, you should with that talent, what I said is that you are good for this area, not real good in the big picture.  I am not whining about it, just not very classy fans sitting on one end of the floor, and I hear that they are even worse when playing at home.  The dirty comment had to do with the elbows that were being thrown when the defense was getting tight, it was not Donahoe or the big guy, it was one of the other players.  I agree that the starters played until well into the 4th quarter, donahoe came out with 3 minutes left on a timeout and the others followed. 

now listen here...we aint bad fans...i beleve yall were the ones shooting us the finger and sending yalls friend over to sit with us thinking that hes bad or sumthen! so before you call us bad fans you need to go look at yalls student section!

now listen here...we aint bad fans...i beleve yall were the ones shooting us the finger and sending yalls friend over to sit with us thinking that hes bad or sumthen! so before you call us bad fans you need to go look at yalls student section!

Agreed, H-J fans did NOTHING out of the ordinary. They didn't even really give OF that hard of a time, which they most certainly could have. They just cheered on their own team.  Now, leaving the OF fans to stand by and antagonize the HJ fans is a very brave move, not very smart, but very brave.

Agreed, H-J fans did NOTHING out of the ordinary. They didn't even really give OF that hard of a time, which they most certainly could have. They just cheered on their own team.  Now, leaving the OF fans to stand by and antagonize the HJ fans is a very brave move, not very smart, but very brave.

you boys are lucky that we didnt get rowdy! >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin