Talking points from PN-G football

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1422515" timestamp="1375968475"]
hahaha Midnight Madness is COMING to football??? LMAO!! I think he has as much credit as Jerry Jordan... [b]Vidor has done Midnight Madness for a good while now...[/b][/quote]

Is there a story in the Vidorian News?

[quote name="PNG Fan" post="1422521" timestamp="1375969563"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113216.msg1422515#msg1422515 date=1375968475]
hahaha Midnight Madness is COMING to football??? LMAO!! I think he has as much credit as Jerry Jordan... [b]Vidor has done Midnight Madness for a good while now...[/b][/quote]

Is there a story in the Vidorian News?
[/quote]

not sure haven't read this weeks yet.... it comes out on Friday...

Couple of points:

First, the headline was not mine. I'm trying to model this on what I do for The Crawfish Boxes, where I take on three different things each day on different topics and provide quick posts or thoughts. Sometimes it will be about one team, sometimes all three, like today's Three Things. The headline was misleading, because I never intended it to be a straight PN-G piece.

Second, totally whiffed on Vidor. I had seen some teams trying it out and found a few news stories from around the state that acted like it was a new thing. Our coverage doesn't include Vidor, as the Orange Leader has typically handled them. Honest oversight, which I'll correct in a future piece.

Lastly, I do appreciate the feedback on this. Two-a-days can get kind of dull to report on after the first couple of days, so I'm trying to be creative and have some fun. It won't always work, but there's always the next story, right?

[quote name="aramis9182" post="1422635" timestamp="1375984807"]
Couple of points:

First, the headline was not mine. I'm trying to model this on what I do for The Crawfish Boxes, where I take on three different things each day on different topics and provide quick posts or thoughts. Sometimes it will be about one team, sometimes all three, like today's Three Things. The headline was misleading, because I never intended it to be a straight PN-G piece.

[b]Second, totally whiffed on Vidor. I had seen some teams trying it out and found a few news stories from around the state that acted like it was a new thing. Our coverage doesn't include Vidor, as the Orange Leader has typically handled them. Honest oversight, which I'll correct in a future piece.[/b]

Lastly, I do appreciate the feedback on this. Two-a-days can get kind of dull to report on after the first couple of days, so I'm trying to be creative and have some fun. It won't always work, but there's always the next story, right?
[/quote]

commend you on your honesty...

Feedback always helps...

and yes always another story...

maybe a heading of... [b]A Peek Inside 2 A Days....[/b]

[quote name="aramis9182" post="1422635" timestamp="1375984807"]
Couple of points:

Second, totally whiffed on Vidor. I had seen some teams trying it out and found a few news stories from around the state that acted like it was a new thing. Our coverage doesn't include Vidor, as the Orange Leader has typically handled them. Honest oversight, which I'll correct in a future piece.

[/quote]

I follow PNG and I'd like to know how you think the Morse kid has a steep climb to beat out Walker. From what I've seen and heard others say, there isn't much difference in the 2 other than size. I hear alot say that the Walker kid is better suited at CB based on how he did last year and their recent problems with defense.

Physically, the two are very close. Morse may even be ahead in arm strength. I saw him uncork a pretty 50-yard bomb the other day in practice, perfect spiral.

But, he's behind Walker in a few areas. One is their release. Walker has a much quicker release, which helps in this offense. Plus, he's been much more assured in his decision-making. Too much checking down by Morse right now, as he adjusts to what defenses are doing and learns what to look for. He'll get better there, but right now Walker had a big edge.

My sense from the coaches is that it's Walker's job to lose. That may change, bit I don't get that impression right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012