OOC 18U All seniors signed

Congratulations Kaylon. Be Smart, there is a rumor going around that you are retiring. I truly hope that it is not true. Anyone who knows anything about softball in this area knows about your contribution to softball. Although you have not had a kid playing for some time, you have taken kids that other teams would not take and spent hours of your time teaching them the game. The fact that all your seniors are playing college ball is something everyone should take note of. Please don't give it up, you are one of the good guys in our game. There will be a void in softball in this area that cannot be filled. Thanks for all you have done and I hope continue to do.

Ronnie Cole
Stars Over Texas

[quote name="Be Smart" post="1419789" timestamp="1374112096"]
;D All the seniors that stuck with me, Are playing softball in college as of today. the last one agreed to play for Angelina today. way to go Kaylon Morvant.
[/quote] Congrads and best of luck in college.

Congrats to all the Seniors.  Great job girls!  You deserve it after all that hard work.

And I agree 100% with Ronnie.  Billy Mitchell, you do amazing things with these kids!!!!    They are completely motivated by you to "dig deep" to reach their goals.  Stay on the field, Buddy, and know that what you do is making a big difference!!!  You've been a HUGE positive influence on my kid and me.  You are the hardest working Coach I've ever seen.  I can't tell you enough how much that's appreciated, and how much we want you to "not retire" (if the rumor is true).

Darren Swisher

The first time I met Billy Mitchell was when I took my daughter her first OOC tryout. I personally would not have taken my daughter after her performance during that tryout-Billy did. He has proven time and time again that where there is a will, there is a way. For example, he took a girl who was told the week before to "find another sport." Today EVERY team in this area would take her on name alone. I can fill up this board with example after example where he has done the same thing.  My daughter would not be the player she is today if not for Billy Mitchell.  So Billy get a couple weeks of rest. Go to your camp and spend a few days. Take your wife out for the second time this decade.  And for Gods sake mow your yard.  Because in about two weeks some girls are expecting to see you where you belong. On the field.

I remember moving here 5 years ago from Houston.  My daughter was playing 8U select there at the time.  There were ZERO select teams here in Beaumont at that age group.  ZERO at 10U also anywhere (hard to believe now, isn't it?).  I contacted multiple organizations at  the time looking for a 10U team.  And got only one response.  Billy Mitchell.    "Come on, he said, Let's do it."  He took time in addition to his 18U team to help us.  That same first year 9 year old team took 4th place in the USFA Texas State Tournament when they were in their second year playing 10U in select ball, and finished in the final 12 of 80+ teams in the USFA World Series in Florida.  Mowing through Houston Teams.  Mowing through the top finishers of other States top finishers.  My kid has been with his organization ever since!  Thanks Billy for taking a chance on us and filling exactly what we were looking for!

Stay in it, to win it!

Billy, I couldn't have said it any better than Ronnie.  You have been a great influence in getting Taylor where she is today.  Like you tell me all the time, she is as much your kid as mine! Lol.  Thanks for all the advice and pointers you have given me over the years.  You will truely be missed.  May God bless you in what ever you decided to do.  We wish all your senior players the best of luck in college.

Kevin Odom
Beaumont Blast

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder