Nederland all-sports success among best in state

A lot of coaching consistency in those top 5 teams.  I know Lake Travis is a fairly young school but I think they are still on their first AD.  I know the Katy AD has been there a long time, NS's HD has been there 18 years and Brenham's has been there at least 10.

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1412452" timestamp="1370912233"]
The bottom part is all that matters, BH moving on up, Nederland moving on down.  Which I guess is already proof i the pudding considering Nederland can't beat BH.  ;) ;)
[/quote]Nederland can get past 1st round of the playoffs consistently better than BH  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412456" timestamp="1370915758"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=112486.msg1412452#msg1412452 date=1370912233]
The bottom part is all that matters, BH moving on up, Nederland moving on down.  Which I guess is already proof i the pudding considering Nederland can't beat BH.  ;) ;)
[/quote]Nederland can get past 1st round of the playoffs consistently better than BH  ;)
[/quote]

Where is PAM on there?

I like this quote from the article (we discussed this on a recent thread),
Neumann gives plenty of credit to his student athletes, but he said the real key is that so many of the young men and women at Nederland choose to [b]play multiple sports[/b].

“We’ve had some exceptional athletes come through here and they’ve been exceptional in more than one sport,” Neumann said. “They bring that talent, but the other players around them, who might not be as gifted, tend to rise to their higher level. [b]We’ve always encouraged our athletes to pursue more than one sport[/b]. Sometimes, it’s difficult to do, but our coaches are all great at supporting that and helping our crossover athletes.

“[b]We discourage specialization[/b]. We want them to do all that they can do. That’s a key ingredient to our success. If our players weren’t competing in so many sports,[b] if they were specialized more, I don’t know that we’d have as much success as we have had[/b].”

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1412506" timestamp="1370958758"]
Neumann gives plenty of credit to his student athletes, but he said the real key is that so many of the young men and women at Nederland choose to [b]play multiple sports[/b].

“We’ve had some exceptional athletes come through here and they’ve been exceptional in more than one sport,” Neumann said. “They bring that talent, but the other players around them, who might not be as gifted, tend to rise to their higher level. [b]We’ve always encouraged our athletes to pursue more than one sport[/b]. Sometimes, it’s difficult to do, but our coaches are all great at supporting that and helping our crossover athletes.

“[b]We discourage specialization[/b]. We want them to do all that they can do. That’s a key ingredient to our success. If our players weren’t competing in so many sports,[b] if they were specialized more, I don’t know that we’d have as much success as we have had[/b].”
[/quote]

Should I put this on the baseball and basketball threads?  Maybe it's not the football people who need to read it.

Pineland-West Sabine did VERY well this year also....

Football ---- 3 rounds deep
Boys Basketball --- 3 rounds deep
Girls Basketball ---- Qualified for playoffs
Baseball ---- 4 rounds deep
Softball -----  1 loss shy of playoffs
Golf ----    District Champs---- State qualifiers
Track ---- regional and state qualifiers
Cross Country --- Regional qualifiers

It's been the same or close to the same over the past several years and should continue and get better over the course of the next several years.

A couple of the right move ins could put WS at the top in most sports.......  lol  ;)

[quote name="Uncle Si" post="1412538" timestamp="1370966854"]
Pineland-West Sabine did VERY well this year also....

Football ---- 3 rounds deep
Boys Basketball --- 3 rounds deep
Girls Basketball ---- Qualified for playoffs
Baseball ---- 4 rounds deep
Softball -----  1 loss shy of playoffs
Golf ----    District Champs---- State qualifiers
Track ---- regional and state qualifiers
Cross Country --- Regional qualifiers

It's been the same or close to the same over the past several years and should continue and get better over the course of the next several years.

A couple of the right move ins could put WS at the top in most sports.......  lol  ;)
[/quote]

[size=12pt]THAT'S A FACT JACK![/size]

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1412534" timestamp="1370966093"]
[quote author=AthleticSupporter - Jock link=topic=112486.msg1412506#msg1412506 date=1370958758]

[/quote]

Should I put this on the baseball and basketball threads?  Maybe it's not the football people who need to read it.
[/quote]

[quote author=AthleticSupporter - Jock link=topic=112486.msg1412506#msg1412506 date=1370958758]

[/quote]

[/quote]Those are some impressive numbers for sure. Didn't realize Ned stacked up so well across the state. 

[/quote]

[/quote]Haha. Maybe the other head coaches should have been asked this same question. Do you think their perception is the same? I don't need to read their quotes in an article, bc most people already know each (soccer, basketball, and baseball) of their opinions on this matter an it will only cause more tension between the programs.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1412396" timestamp="1370895964"]
A lot of coaching consistency in those top 5 teams.  I know Lake Travis is a fairly young school but I think they are still on their first AD.  I know the Katy AD has been there a long time, NS's HD has been there 18 years and Brenham's has been there at least 10.
[/quote]

Lake Travis was founded in 1982. The coach that started the run is now the HC at Duncanville. The coach that followed (Chad Morris)  is now the OC at Clemson. They have high turnover because people get better jobs.

[quote name="fireinthehole" post="1412730" timestamp="1371018243"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=112486.msg1412396#msg1412396 date=1370895964]
[/quote]

Lake Travis was founded in 1982. The coach that started the run is now the HC at Duncanville. The coach that followed (Chad Morris)  is now the OC at Clemson. They have high turnover because people get better jobs.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks. Maybe I was thinking that they were new to 4A and have now moved back up ??

[quote name="bigdog" post="1412742" timestamp="1371043663"]
[quote author=fireinthehole link=topic=112486.msg1412730#msg1412730 date=1371018243]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, thanks. Maybe I was thinking that they were new to 4A and have now moved back up ??
[/quote]Last yr was their welcoming to 5A.

[quote name="fireinthehole" post="1412730" timestamp="1371018243"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Technically that is still pretty young compared to Katy (founded in 1898) , Brenham (1875), Nederland (1925) , and NS being the youngest at (1962)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33