19-4A All-District

Money big factor too. 30-40% scholarship at Big D1 is still 15-20,000 year out of pocket, one year at a time.. Juco 100% for 2 years. In todays time. money is big issue. Juco's in Texas (field 9) as good as D1, just not as deep. Pitchers and Catchers are wise to look hard at Juco for Draft reasons or transfer to D1 Jr year. Happens all the time.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1408940" timestamp="1369836165"]
[quote author=PHD link=topic=112210.msg1408525#msg1408525 date=1369630763]
Why do you have two catchers on the first team????? Are the stats that close that you had to have two? These picks get crazier every year. Seems like it's losing the meaning that it use to have. I would think Beasley has the edge at catcher.
[/quote] I could not find Beasley's stats but the Hearn kid is legit..New comer of the year last year.. this year.... .376 average 19 RBI's.. He picked off 6 and threw out 2 in district...He is solid at the dish... the kid is playing on the all Texas Sophmore team.. He is a first teamer. 
In all district a tie is a tie.. they both get the award
[/quote] The Beasley kid is legit as well!! No need to post any stats, stats can be misleading to say the least, but this young man's play speaks for it's self!

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely agree with POY.  Thames had an amazing year!  This was a very tough district this year and he dominated as a hitter, fielder, and pitcher.  Congrats to the young man for the THSBCA game nod.  Well deserved.
Congrats to all the players listed!  I think this 1st team could certainly compete with any other All-district team in any classifications.  Good luck to all these SR's in the future.  Great senior class in this district!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder