Class 3A Region III Regional Quarterfinal

Silsbee vs. Orangefield

3 game series

Game 1 - Thursday, May 16  7pm
Game 2 - Friday, May 17  7pm
Game 3 (if needed) - Saturday, May 18  2pm

All games to be played at either [b]Nederland or Vidor HS[/b]
[/quote]

2 of the finest in the area..... good luck to both squads!!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1404273" timestamp="1368482324"]
[quote author=crittergitter link=topic=111897.msg1404209#msg1404209 date=1368471924]
i heard it was going to be in nederland....
[/quote]

All 3 games will be played at Vidor HS.
[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing Smith vs Powell......Let's go.....

Does Silsbee throw Powell in the 1st game?  Will OF counter with Smith or save him for game 2..... Hmmmmmm.... Silsbee has not faced B. Smith this year and he is by far OF's #1 pitcher.  Powell has been outstanding for Silsbee in both games going a combined 11 innings giving up 6 hits and only allowing 3 ER.  These coaches have to be stocking up on Pepto  ;D

[quote name="Critter" post="1404833" timestamp="1368641923"]
Does Silsbee throw Powell in the 1st game?  Will OF counter with Smith or save him for game 2..... Hmmmmmm.... Silsbee has not faced B. Smith this year and he is by far OF's #1 pitcher.  Powell has been outstanding for Silsbee in both games going a combined 11 innings giving up 6 hits and only allowing 3 ER.  These coaches have to be stocking up on Pepto  ;D
[/quote]

Because game 1 is a Thursday night game, I think you have to pitch your #1 guy. By pitching your #1 in game 1, you have the possibility of he going out and getting a win on a low pitch count (ie. run rule game or early blowout) and still being able to give the team an inning or two(or maybe 3, depending on pitch count) in a 3rd game if necessary on Saturday.

If I am coaching Orangefield, I pitch Smith in game 1. If I am coaching Silsbee, I pitch Powell in game 1.

Suggesting giving up a game in a 3 game series(particularly game 1) is just too dangerous and just puts added pressure on your team.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1404988" timestamp="1368664761"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=111897.msg1404833#msg1404833 date=1368641923]
[/quote]

Because game 1 is a Thursday night game, I think you have to pitch your #1 guy. By pitching your #1 in game 1, you have the possibility of he going out and getting a win on a low pitch count (ie. run rule game or early blowout) and still being able to give the team an inning or two(or maybe 3, depending on pitch count) in a 3rd game if necessary on Saturday.

If I am coaching Orangefield, I pitch Smith in game 1. If I am coaching Silsbee, I pitch Powell in game 1.

Suggesting giving up a game in a 3 game series(particularly game 1) is just too dangerous and just puts added pressure on your team.
[/quote]

I hope you are correct..... ;)  Looking forward to seeing a great game tonight - Good Luck guys.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder