"New" 14U Golden Triangle Gators Fastpitch Select Girls Softball Team

Crjj

This is an early notice to let everybody know that we'll be forming a 14U Golden Triangle Gators Fastpitch Select Girls Softball Team.  In only their first full year of play, the 12U Gators already have a vastly improved and competitive Team.  We'll have some girls that will be moving up from the 12U Team to the 14U Team, but we'll also be looking for additional ball players as well. 

After the State Tournament in early June we'll begin "soft" practices working with pitchers and catchers and working on hitting and fielding fundamentals and situational softball.  We'll continue this routine through June and July with an eye towards tryouts in early August 2013.  Our plan is to play a very robust Fall tournament schedule in preparation for Spring 2014.

Our practice field is located off of 9th Street adjacent to Memorial High School. 

We'll be looking for girls that want to compete and have the desire to improve every week and enjoy playing the game of softball.  We'll also be looking for some coaching help as well.

We're excited about this new 14U Team and the opportunities it presents.  For additional information, you can call, text or e-mail:

Chester Jourdan at 409 720 8361 or [email protected]   

Daughter is currently playing on a local 12u travel team but may be looking for something else for her sometime after WS. I would really like to see her on a team that would have no daddys or mommys on the field. Just seems like that's a little harder to find in our area than the Houston area. I am a Dad that has been there for her on the field since 6u, and I love the time my daughter & I have spent on the field. But now that's she getting older, I would like to see her coached by someone besides a couple of daddy's that favor their daughter. Maybe a couple ex-college players would be what I'm wanting for her. Someone to help her possibly get to the next level.Who is coaching this new 14u team?

Understand your thoughts and concerns.  I've also coached my youngest daughter Callie since she was a 6U.  I believe the Beaumont Blast 14U Team is going to be coached by the Lamar University assistant coaches this summer and Fall.  You might want to follow-up with them.

Callie age 13 (7th grader) is currently the bracket pitcher for the 12U Golden Triangle Gators but she'll be moving up to 14U this summer.  I'll be one of the coaches for the 14U Team.  Callie takes pitching lessons from the pitching coach for Lamar University.  I'd like to see our 14U Gator Team be associated with both the Lamar University softball program and the Lamar State College - Pt. Arthur softball program.  I'd like to have their coaches and players come in and run clinics, drills, practices and give individual instruction as their schedule permits.  Callie also takes hitting lessons (we were there last night) from Jeremy with Grand Slam Batting Cages in the LCM area.  He works with a lot of the local high school players.  I'd like to schedule time for the team to work with him as well.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Chester 

• 2 weeks later...
Just to keep everyone posted I meet today with the Lamar State College - Pt. Arthur softball coaches.  We talked about creating a working/partnership relationship between Lamar State College - Pt. Arthur softball team and the 14U Golden Triangle Gators.  I'm excited about the possibilities.   

I also talked with them about hosting a Girls Travel Select Softball Tournament in Pt. Arthur in Spring 2014.  They are also looking at hosting one this Fall 2013 as well.

If you have a player that is interested in joining us on the 14U Team please do not hesitate to let me know.  With the quality of kids we've been talking with already we should be very competitive from day one.

Thanks,
Chester

• 2 weeks later...
I hope everybody is having a great season and all your teams are doing well.  We've been talking to a lot of girls and parents about the 14U Gators and are excited about the interest and possibilities. 

We are looking to host a couple of hitting and defensive clinics this summer prior to August tryouts.  We'll also be conducting some conditioning and speed/agility workouts as well.  I hope to have the dates and location(s) posted in the next couple of weeks. 

If you're interested in attending the clinics and/or workouts please do not hesitate to let me know.  We also plan on having some "open" practices during the summer to give the girls opportunities to continue to work on their softball skills.

Thanks,
Chester 

• 2 weeks later...
The Golden Triangle Gators 14U team will soon be looking to for players who will be moving up to 14U team or who may be currently playing league ball or is looking for a team in the Mid-County area.  We will be looking for players that want to compete and have the desire to improve every week and enjoy playing the game of softball. We'll also be looking for additional coaching help as well.

After the State Tournament next weekend we will begin "soft" practices working with pitchers and catchers, working on hitting and fielding fundamentals and working on situational softball.  The majority, if not all of these practices will be open to guests who wish to workout with us.

We will continue this routine through June and July with an eye towards holding team tryouts in late July or early August.  Our plan is to play a robust Fall tournament schedule in preparation for Spring 2014.

Our practice field(s) are located in the "Mid-County" area of Port Arthur off of 9th Ave., adjacent to Memorial High School.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

I hope to hear from you soon...Thanks!

Chester Jourdan
Coach
Golden Triangle Gators 14U

Hope all your teams did well/played hard this past weekend at the USFA State Tournament.  Unfortunately, it looks like the weather really messed things up Sunday afternoon. We've been talking with a lot of girls and parents about the new Mid County 14U Golden Triangle Gators Team we'll be pulling together this summer.  We'll be looking to have some open practices/clinics/workouts starting next week at our field(s) off of 9th Avenue across from Memorial High School. 

We plan on working a lot on fundamentals, skills development, and strength/flexibility/aerobic training with an eye towards tryouts in early August.  We'll also play some games as well. 

I'll send out some dates and times later this week.  In the meantime, please do not hesitate to call me at 409 720 8361 or e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Chester 

It looks like the 14U Golden Triangle Gators will have open practices beginning next week Tuesday, June 18th and Thursday, June  20th at 6pm at our fields off of 9th Avenue across from Memorial High School.  Nothing formal.  We'll work on fundamentals, drills, play some games and conditioning.  You are more than welcome to come by and participate.

I can also be reached at 409 720 8361 or [email protected].

Thanks,
Chester

The Golden Triangle Gators will have open practice/workouts Tuesday, June 18th and Thursday, June 20th at the field(s) off of 9th avenue across from Memorial High School (you’ll see my black Ford 150 crew cab 4x4 truck next to the field) around 6pm.  Nothing formal – we’ll work mostly on fundamentals.  On Tuesday we'll work on catching, throwing and fielding and Thursday hitting and base running.  At this time, with summer, etc. not sure how many girls will be available but my daughter Callie will be for sure.  We’ll work out this week and next week; take the week of July 1st off and start back the week of July 8th with an eye on tryouts sometime the first week in August. 

We’ll probably have a mix of both 12u/14u girls at the workouts.  If your 12U/14U daughter is interested in continuing to hone her softball skills and work out with other girls her age you are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Chester

The Golden Triangle Gators will have open practice/workouts on Thursday, June 20th at the field(s) off of 9th avenue across from Memorial High School (you’ll see my black Ford 150 crew cab 4x4 truck next to the field) around 6pm.  We’ll work out this week and next week; take the week of July 1st off and start back the week of July 8th with an eye on tryouts sometime the first week in August.  Nothing formal – we’ll work mostly on fundamentals.  On Tuesdays, we'll work on catching, throwing and fielding and Thursdays hitting and base running.  We'll also have conditioning drills and running as well.  At this time, with summer, etc. not sure how many girls will be available but my daughter Callie will be there for sure. 

We’ll have a mix of 10U/12u/14u girls at the workouts.  You and your daughter(s) are more than welcome. 

Thanks,
Chester

The Golden Triangle Gators will have open practice/workouts Tuesday, June 25th and Thursday, June 27th at the field(s) off of 9th avenue across from Memorial High School (you’ll see my black Ford 150 crew cab 4x4 truck next to the field) around 6pm.  Nothing formal – we’ll work mostly on fundamentals.  On Tuesday we'll work mostly on throwing and fielding and Thursday hitting and base running.  At this time, with summer, etc. not sure how many girls will be there but my daughter Callie will be for sure.  We’ll work out this week; take the week of July 1st off and start back the week of July 8th with an eye on tryouts sometime the first week in August. 

We’ll probably have a mix of both 12u/14u girls at the workouts.

Thanks,
Chester

• 3 weeks later...
Due to conflicting schedules (everybody out of pocket) the Golden Triangle Gators will not have "open practice/workouts" today. Sorry about the inconvenience.  However, we'll start back Tuesday, July 23rd at 6pm at the field(s) off of 9th Avenue across from Memorial High School.  Hope to see you there.

Thanks,
Chester

• 2 weeks later...
The 14U Golden Triangle Gators will have tryouts tomorrow from 9:00am - 12noon at the fields in Buna (Hwy 62 and CR 784) -- two miles south of Buna on Hwy 62 on Saturday, August 3rd.  The schedule will be as follows:

14U – Registration table opens 8:30am (Buna Softball Field)
14U - Team stretching /warm-ups/pitch & catch 9:00am to 9:45am
14U – Defense 9:45am – 10:30am
14U – Offense 10:30am – 11:30am
14U – Conditioning 11:30am - 12noon

We hope to see you there.  We're expecting to have a great Fall season.  If you have any questions or need any additional information please do not hesitate to give me a call or text me at 409 720 8361 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Chester
GT Gators Coach

The 14U Golden Triangle Gators will have tryouts today (Saturday) from 9:00am - 12noon at the fields in Buna (Hwy 62 and CR 784) -- two miles south of Buna on Hwy 62.  The schedule will be as follows:

We hope to see you there.  We're expecting to have a great Fall season.  If you have any questions or need any additional information please do not hesitate to give me a call or text me at 409 720 8361 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Chester
GT Gators Coach

The 14U Golden Triangle Gators will have tryouts today (Saturday, August 3rd) from 9:00am - 12noon at the fields in Buna (Hwy 62 and CR 784) -- two miles south of Buna on Hwy 62.  The schedule will be as follows:

Thanks,
Chester
GT Gators Coach

We had a great group of girls and parents that came to tryouts for the 14U Golden Triangle Gators on Saturday.  Thank you to everyone that participated.  We're looking forward to a great Fall season.  If you're still interested in trying out please call or text me at 409 720 8361 or e-mail me at [email protected].  Also, we'll continue to have open workouts this week on Tuesday and Thursday at 6pm at the field(s) across from Memorial High School off of 9th Avenue.

Thanks,
Chester
14U GT Gators

We had a great group of girls and parents that came to tryouts for the 14U Golden Triangle Gators on Saturday.  Thank you to everyone that participated.  We're looking forward to a great Fall season.  If you're still interested in trying out please call or text me at 409 720 8361 or e-mail me at [email protected].  Also, we'll continue to have open workouts this week on Tuesday and Thursday at 6pm at the field(s) across from Memorial High School off of 9th Avenue.

Thanks,
Chester
14U GT Gators

Thanks to all the players and parents that came out to tryouts on Saturday.  We're looking forward to a great Fall season. If you interested in any additional information about the 14U GT Gators please do not hesitate to call or text me at 409 720 8361 or e-mail me at [email protected].  We practiced last night in Silsbee and we'll practice Friday night in Buna. 

Thanks,
Chester
GT Gators

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine