Summer HS Baseball

Is there still a Connie Mack League, or something similar?  We are looking for a place that many of our high school players can play together on the same team during the week.  Our players are encouraged to play with a travel team on the weekends, if they are so inclined...but we would like to play some weeknight baseball over the summer.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  Thank you!

Yes this seems to be a problem here in the Golden Triangle Area! Many kids need to play with there High School teams during the week and have the option of playing in Select Tournaments on weekends! I'm interested in finding a League as well for a group of H.S. players!

[quote name="KHSDawgs" post="1397366" timestamp="1366760767"]
Is there still a Connie Mack League, or something similar?  We are looking for a place that many of our high school players can play together on the same team during the week.  Our players are encouraged to play with a travel team on the weekends, if they are so inclined...but we would like to play some weeknight baseball over the summer.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  Thank you!
[/quote]

I am not sure where you are located but many area HS play a league in the summer. I know that HF, LCM, HJ, BC,WOS Deweyville, Ozen, Anuahac, and many more have participated over the last few years. Contact the coaches at some of these schools and maybe they can help you. The problem is virtually all of them play in the daytime since using the lights costs the schools money. each team is responsible for paying one official at $55.00 each.  Some schools run short of players at times and the communication is limited as far as keeping people from driving 40  miles and then one team only has five or six players show up. I have seen many 8th grade and even some talented 7th graders participate in the summer games. Unfortunately as the kids get older they start working summer jobs, practicing  with select travel teams  and  do not show up which gets others aggravated.  But I know they have been playing each summer for the last several years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin