[u][b]Field Events--Only top 3 are listed[/b][/u]

http://www.ttfca.com/21-3A_field_.pdf

[u][b]Boys Running Finals[/b][/u]

http://www.ttfca.com/Boys_Final_Results.pdf

[u][b]Girls Running Finals[/b][/u]

http://www.ttfca.com/Girls_Final_Results.pdf

[u][b]Team Results[/b][/u]

http://www.ttfca.com/Points_Totalsg.pdf

Orangefield needs to drop their Boys track team and save the school some money. Because it is clear that some coaches and some  kids not all could careless about the sport of track. By the way they should have dropped it many years ago. Really sad how far track has dropped on the depth chart at Orangefield. Most of the time not all if you have a good track program your football program is pretty good also. Just ask WOS they can tell you. Maybe Orangefield should start a swimming team or maybe bowling. :-[

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1394345" timestamp="1365971026"]
Orangefield needs to drop their Boys track team and save the school some money. Because it is clear that some coaches and some  kids not all could careless about the sport of track. By the way they should have dropped it many years ago. Really sad how far track has dropped on the depth chart at Orangefield. Most of the time not all if you have a good track program your football program is pretty good also. Just ask WOS they can tell you. Maybe Orangefield should start a swimming team or maybe bowling. :-[
[/quote]
I assume you are "Tongue in cheeking" about
dropping track.  I remember that the Bobcats developed a series of PDG boys poll vaulters a few years back. :) 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1394352" timestamp="1365972390"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=111134.msg1394345#msg1394345 date=1365971026]
[/quote]
dropping track.  I remember that the Bobcats developed a series of PDG boys poll vaulters a few years back. :) 8)
[/quote]

Yes Orangefield had some good pole vaulters but that was many years ago and that is a small fraction of a track team.  Orangefield won the district championship in 1980, 81, 82 and 83.  Also in those years went sent quite a few young men to the state track meet who brought home state championships. In those years we had pretty good football teams also. That being said I know the district is different now but back then we competed with Jasper and Silsbee who were 4A and pretty much blew away 4A's like Port Neches, Nederland and Bridge City at the time. We also beat TJ and SFA in a trianglar meet held between the 3 schools. TJ was 5A, Todd Dodge was a Junior at the time. TJ had some athlete's at that time like Bruce Miller and many more. Orangefield is proud of their past pole vaulters and should be but that is the past. I want to be proud of the "Track Team".  Don't see that happening anytime soon.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1394361" timestamp="1365975842"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=111134.msg1394352#msg1394352 date=1365972390]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=111134.msg1394345#msg1394345 date=1365971026]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes Orangefield had some good pole vaulters but that was many years ago and that is a small fraction of a track team.  Orangefield won the district championship in 1980, 81, 82 and 83.  Also in those years went sent quite a few young men to the state track meet who brought home state championships. In those years we had pretty good football teams also. That being said I know the district is different now but back then we competed with Jasper and Silsbee who were 4A and pretty much blew away 4A's like Port Neches, Nederland and Bridge City at the time. We also beat TJ and SFA in a trianglar meet held between the 3 schools. TJ was 5A, Todd Dodge was a Junior at the time. TJ had some athlete's at that time like Bruce Miller and many more. Orangefield is proud of their past pole vaulters and should be but that is the past. I want to be proud of the "Track Team".  Don't see that happening anytime soon.
[/quote]
Yep, with supporters like you the obvious answer is "Give up." SMH  ::)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1394412" timestamp="1366027811"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=111134.msg1394361#msg1394361 date=1365975842]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL!!!!!! thats funny. Why is it when someone tells the truth on here then they are negative or not supportive? If they don't like what I say then do something about it. You can't tell me that Orangefield does not have any athletes, I know they do. They had one regional qualifier and that was a third place finish. You know nothing about me man. Back in those 80's it was manditory that you ran track if you played football. You may not have been on the track team but you did the workouts like everyone else. We also competed with each other to earn a spot on that Track Team and this was every week. You can shake your head all you want but until Orangefield addresses this problem I will continue to voice my opinion. ;) Also back then the parents backed the coaches and never questioned their decisions.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1394424" timestamp="1366032420"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=111134.msg1394412#msg1394412 date=1366027811]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=111134.msg1394361#msg1394361 date=1365975842]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL!!!!!! thats funny. Why is it when someone tells the truth on here then they are negative or not supportive? If they don't like what I say then do something about it. You can't tell me that Orangefield does not have any athletes, I know they do. They had one regional qualifier and that was a third place finish. You know nothing about me man. Back in those 80's it was manditory that you ran track if you played football. You may not have been on the track team but you did the workouts like everyone else. We also competed with each other to earn a spot on that Track Team and this was every week. You can shake your head all you want but until Orangefield addresses this problem I will continue to voice my opinion. ;) Also back then the parents backed the coaches and never questioned their decisions.
[/quote]

I feel your pain and understand completely Riding Solo.  Times have changed and not for the better.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1394466" timestamp="1366041990"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=111134.msg1394424#msg1394424 date=1366032420]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=111134.msg1394412#msg1394412 date=1366027811]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I feel your pain and understand completely Riding Solo.  Times have changed and not for the better.
[/quote]
Solo, from your post I gather you were one of the great Oragefield athletes of yonder-years and I didn't say anything about Orangefield not haveing any athletes.  I just question your loyalty when your suggestion for correction of the problem is just DROP
THE PROGRAM.  As your back-up said, times have changed - I thought you had to have a first or second in district competition to advance to regionals.  When did third place start advancing? ???

Usedtobe, I know you did not say anything about orangefield not having athletes and I did not take your post that way. I was just venting to myself.  The UIL changed it to 3 in 2008 I think. Track seems to be a lost art, I really don't won't them to drop it but I am concerned about the lack of  emphasis on the sport. Orangefields track team has been down for sometime now. I do know that times have changed but that being said there is no reason why Orangefield cannot be competitive and right now they are none of the above. I believe in Track what can I say. LOL!!!!!! But you won't see me on one anymore. ;D  9 out 10 times you have a good track team your football team is pretty good also. It is sad when there is more tennis players going to regionals than the whole track team.

Also I looked what the Orangefield kids did at the district meet back in 1980. If that same team would have competed in the 21 3A meet this year they would have scored 188 points and that is not counting the triple jump, 3200 meters and 4 x 200 meter relay. They did not have those events at that time.  They would have scored over 200 and WOS would have been a distant 2nd. Not bragging but it just shows there was more of an emphasis on track back then. Coach Peveto knew that track was the key atleast at that time and period. LOL!!!!!!!! I know, I know times have changed. OK, I am off my soap box. ;D ;D It did help that we had a 2 time state champ in the 800 meters. LOL!!!!!! (1:52.9) That is a pretty salty time. The golden triangle has not seen a time like that since 1980. Orangefield would have finished 1,2 and 3 in the 800 meters with the slowest time being a 2:01.

My teammate and friend in HS ran a 1:52-1:55 on a regular basis. I think he averaged in the 1:53-1:54 range. He graduated from PN-G in 2001 and won state in 2001. I do not believe he PR'd in state though. He went on to win the SLC in the 800m.

[quote name="JSnipes" post="1394564" timestamp="1366062295"]
My teammate and friend in HS ran a 1:52-1:55 on a regular basis. I think he averaged in the 1:53-1:54 range. He graduated from PN-G in 2001 and won state in 2001. I do not believe he PR'd in state though. He went on to win the SLC in the 800m.
[/quote]

I remember him, correct me if I wrong but did he go to Lamar. I want to say his last name was champayne or something like that. I could be off the wall on this one. LOL !!!!!! I do remember this kis though. I know I butchered that name.

His name was Jake Champagne. He went to Adams State in Colorado for a little bit and then came home to Lamar. Our district actually finished 1 and 3 at state that year in the 800m. I believe Jake went 1:53 at state and Justin Fisk from Lincoln went 1:54 or 1:55. I might be off on the times. My coach came up to me in the middle of the season and asked me if I wanted to try another event because he didn't see me getting to Regionals in the 800 anymore (that was our original goal). So, I took his advice and switched events...lol.

See I did remember just butchered the spelling of the last name. The 800 meter runner from Orangefield was Bradley Peveto. His older brother Jeff coached at PNG for a few years. Just don't remember when. I want to say coach Malone was there then. May have been Barnett now that I think about it.

I ran the 800 meters also but was average. My best time was a 2:04, I was more of a sprinter so one track meet my coach put me in the 200 meters I came in fourth and was the only white guy in the finals. LOL!!!! After that I ran the 4 x100, 200m and the1600m relay. I said thank you track gods. That 800m was a killer, did not like it. LOL!!!!!!!!! But we did what the coaches told us to do for the team. I also remember a Ledoux kid from png that went on to Lamar and did quite well. I think he ran the hurdles. Lincoln had some good track teams.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1394524" timestamp="1366055610"]
Also I looked what the Orangefield kids did at the district meet back in 1980. If that same team would have competed in the 21 3A meet this year they would have scored 188 points and that is not counting the triple jump, 3200 meters and 4 x 200 meter relay. They did not have those events at that time.  They would have scored over 200 and WOS would have been a distant 2nd. Not bragging but it just shows there was more of an emphasis on track back then. Coach Peveto knew that track was the key atleast at that time and period. LOL!!!!!!!! I know, I know times have changed. OK, I am off my soap box. ;D ;D It did help that we had a 2 time state champ in the 800 meters. LOL!!!!!! (1:52.9) That is a pretty salty time. The golden triangle has not seen a time like that since 1980. Orangefield would have finished 1,2 and 3 in the 800 meters with the slowest time being a 2:01.
[/quote]
That's the tradition that I'm talking about!  How do you get it back?  I'm not smart enough to know that, but I do know that dropping the track program ISN'T GOING TO GET ANYTHING DONE!!  Which Coach Peveto are you referring to?  I ask because I was at Lamar as a freshman football walk-on and
there was a hard nutt "Ed Peveto" there then.  Coming from west of Houston I thought the Guy was speaking a foreign language.  Apparently, all his kids at Orangefield understood what he was saying. 8)

Don't know but I wish I knew. Times have changed like we discussed before and yes all the kids from Orangefield understood what he was teaching us and still do to this day. Enjoyed our conversation. Orangefield is not the same and that is what I am sad about. There is only one Ed Peveto, what year was you there? Pretty sure we are talking about the same man. He was a big man but not in height. Probably about 5' 10" but built like a bull.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1394642" timestamp="1366079517"]
Yes he played at Lamar in the late 50's early 60's and was a student coach at Lamar.
[/quote]
Got there for the Fall Semester of 1955 -shhhhhh with that. ;)  Please check your PM for my walk down memory lane.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think it's Orangefield's athletes.  I think it is the program overall.  You are right in the past years kids did not make decisions coaches did.  You were trained hard .  Now it seems there is more who you know or how you brown nose the coaching staff.  I am sure the program is going down because no one likes to lose.  If you promote brown nosing over hard work it is going to happen.  I have never seen a basketball team where girls that start can lose the ball or make bad passes and decisions and laugh about it and not be in trouble In the past Coach Tennison would make you run bleachers or suicides for that.  Now you can be a starter.  It makes for a happy losing team I guess.  When Coach Peveto was here he tried to get the most out of every player  not just a few teacher or friends kids.  I have had school administration tell me if they make the girls run track they will quit.  Then let them.  You could have a group of kids that had heart .You ran for extra conditioning for all the other sports you were in .  He filled all events and you did them.  When Coach Peveto was here that's how it was.  It's the same kids just different rules.  That starts with the school athletic program and especially the Coaches.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Maofc" post="1398861" timestamp="1367170196"]
I don't think it's Orangefield's athletes.  I think it is the program overall.  You are right in the past years kids did not make decisions coaches did.  You were trained hard .  Now it seems there is more who you know or how you brown nose the coaching staff.  I am sure the program is going down because no one likes to lose.  If you promote brown nosing over hard work it is going to happen.  I have never seen a basketball team where girls that start can lose the ball or make bad passes and decisions and laugh about it and not be in trouble In the past Coach Tennison would make you run bleachers or suicides for that.  Now you can be a starter.  It makes for a happy losing team I guess.  When Coach Peveto was here he tried to get the most out of every player  not just a few teacher or friends kids.  I have had school administration tell me if they make the girls run track they will quit.  Then let them.  You could have a group of kids that had heart .You ran for extra conditioning for all the other sports you were in .  He filled all events and you did them.  When Coach Peveto was here that's how it was.  It's the same kids just different rules.  That starts with the school athletic program and especially the Coaches.
[/quote]

This is a hard post for me to comment on. I agree with some of the things you said but I also disagree. Kids have changed because parents have changed. Kids are a reflection of their parents. The problem is not the coaching staff, the problem is the coaching staff has no power or backing not even from the administration. I also know that parents have rose colored glasses on and think their kid is better than he/she is. I played for coach Peveto so I know all to well. Sorry but coach Peveto could not coach at Orangefield in this day and time. I know nothing about the brown nosing. Coach Peveto did not fill events with kids in track. You competed and earned a spot on the track team, There is a difference. If the athletic director at Orangefield ran his program like coach Peveto did he would not have a program left. Parents back then did not say a word at least not to coach Pevetos face. Now the head Coaches office is like a revolving door and it never stops.

• 2 months later...
No I meant he made sure every event was full. We have some events now with only one person in it. Coach peveto made you earn your spot, he didn't give it you from the player brown nosing him.  The main problem I find is the kids and the parents run the school, it used to not be like that. If someone lays down the law we get rid of them or run them off. You have to have rules and discipline, because what are you teaching the kids in the future. You can't call athletics a privilege and then let the kids run things. You may lose a few at first, but you're not going to build a winning program changing the rules for some kids... Build a winning program and teach kids to work hard !!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder