Vidor OC Dwayne DuBois has been named AD/HC at Hardin-Jefferson

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1393482" timestamp="1365698354"]
No offseason workout program, limited input from assistant coaches then blames coordinators for problems, best 7 on the field instead of best 11, played favorites, family and friends ahead of good football players, 10 offensive plays, no blitz's on defense, running a speed offense with all the speed on the bench, or either not a good judge of talent, you need any more?
[/quote]

Sounds like excuses.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda ;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with bedelmon that HJ never came up with a game plan. They just told the boys to go out there and fill their gaps. The only game that I can remember that they came up with a plan is against EC and that was to just hit the running back every play. But I think coach Dubois will do good things with the program. Now are they gunna be good enough to hang with Silsbee and WOS idk we'll just have to see. But they are just now getting serious in the off season so that will have some affect on the results next year.

[quote name="BlueOwl" post="1395151" timestamp="1366171756"]
I have to agree with bedelmon that HJ never came up with a game plan. They just told the boys to go out there and fill their gaps. The only game that I can remember that they came up with a plan is against EC and that was to just hit the running back every play. But I think coach Dubois will do good things with the program. Now are they gunna be good enough to hang with Silsbee and WOS idk we'll just have to see. But they are just now getting serious in the off season so that will have some affect on the results next year.

[/quote]
Can not believe I am responding.  Come by the field house and I will show you the defensive game plan for every game.  Each player got this in their hands every Monday morning.  My door is always open.

Guest BigCountry66
Congrats to the new coach and good luck with the program.  If the parents will stay out of the way, I'm sure the program will have success.

Bedelmon, I don't know you or anyone else associated with HJ football but I feel like I need to give some constructive criticism here.  You are very passionate about HJ, athletics and your kids and that is all great.  But what is not great is the manner in which your passion is displayed.  If you were just an old fart that didn't have kids in the program, people would just disagree with you, argue about it and move on.  But having kids in the program, you have a different set of responsibilities.  On that list are things like Support and cheer for your kids and the team, Pick them up when they fail, Celebrate their victories and accomplishments and yes, the 'occasional' grumble under your breath about a coaching call or another kid messing up.  If you want to badmouth the coaching, at least have the consideration for your own kids to use an alias and not your real name.  I know you feel like there is some honor or something in using your name and there is if used responsibly. If you were my dad, I would be begging you to just shut up.  I know you mean well and this should really be coming from someone close to you that cares about you and your family, but either nobody has told you or you are refusing to listen so here it is.  Let the coaches coach and let the kids play.  Be supportive and try to stay out of their way.  It sounds like your kids have some talent and will do something with it, if you don't mess it up for them. 

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1395273" timestamp="1366210298"]
Congrats to the new coach and good luck with the program.  If the parents will stay out of the way, I'm sure the program will have success.

Bedelmon, I don't know you or anyone else associated with HJ football but I feel like I need to give some constructive criticism here.  You are very passionate about HJ, athletics and your kids and that is all great.  But what is not great is the manner in which your passion is displayed.  If you were just an old fart that didn't have kids in the program, people would just disagree with you, argue about it and move on.  But having kids in the program, you have a different set of responsibilities.  On that list are things like Support and cheer for your kids and the team, Pick them up when they fail, Celebrate their victories and accomplishments and yes, the 'occasional' grumble under your breath about a coaching call or another kid messing up.  If you want to badmouth the coaching, at least have the consideration for your own kids to use an alias and not your real name.  I know you feel like there is some honor or something in using your name and there is if used responsibly. If you were my dad, I would be begging you to just shut up.  I know you mean well and this should really be coming from someone close to you that cares about you and your family, but either nobody has told you or you are refusing to listen so here it is.  Let the coaches coach and let the kids play.  Be supportive and try to stay out of their way.  It sounds like your kids have some talent and will do something with it, if you don't mess it up for them.
[/quote]
+1 Excellent post!!

[/quote]

VERY well said!

[/quote]

Great post!

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1395352" timestamp="1366221079"]
[quote author=BigCountry66 link=topic=110805.msg1395273#msg1395273 date=1366210298]

[/quote]

Great post!
[/quote]

I started using my real name back when I was running the youth football league here at HJ. I made alot of enemies here (Farmer, scapegoat, McGarrity, usedtobe insert your comments here) trying to do the right things. With the types of "call it what it is" comments I post on here, even when we were on the youth blogs, I got called out a couple of times and one day said to hell with it, I aint hiding from anyone. I was always harder on my boys than I was on the other kids because I never wanted to be the "daddy baller". I dispise those types of people because they turn away gifted athlete's at young ages. Hardin Jefferson is riddled with them. I never once held a kid back that was better than mine or played the same position as mine. You guys dont know these kids like I know them and I have two kids telling me what they are told to do in certain situations. My kids HAVE suffered from my opinions..... My oldest didnt even get nominated for All District this past year because of it. That is a coach or group of coaches punishing a kid because they dont like his dad..... I gave David Martel the benefit of the doubt..... The only thing my son learned under him was that it is ok to loose.... Huddleston, I never tried to confront you or any other coaches up there because it would not have done any good and David wouldnt have allowed it. I spoke to him twice about my kids and the direction of the program because there is no excuse for not using film as a teaching tool, not having an offseason program, not doing any type of form tackling drills and  asking him why are All Dist type of athletes on the bench and jv talent on the field. And I sent him one email to voice my disgust with the defense just to make myself feel better. All I have wanted for the last 2 years was to get a fresh coach that has no ties to the district or anyone in it. I got my wish and I'm extatic. My boys can already tell a difference in the workouts and the excitement of the new coach. For the first time in years, there is a buzz at HJ about football!  My high school years I will never forget, we played 4 games in the Astrodome, 1 game at Texas A&M's Kyle Field, and the 5A State Championship in Texas Stadium. For a month and 1/2 we were treated like professional football players so we thought. I started trying to impress Coach Shaver as a 7th grader and continued until he died last month. Why would i not want that type of person to be a role model for my kids? I know after some of the things that went on in that locker room and on the practice field with last years graduated seniors, I think most of the kids had lost respect for David and most o the staff. And I say staff Coach Hudd because David let it happen. All this will come out in August when you see what happens with a FOOTBALL guy running the show. Hey, we may not beat everybody in the district, but I have all the faith in the world in Dubois by the impact he has made just 2 weeks in. You guys think what you want about me, I've always told my boys if your better than everyone, they cant deny you and if they do, they will look like idiots and in the end you will have the last laugh.... Guess what? I"m getting ready to start laughing my butt off!!! Hey, maybe HJ's boys are not gifted athlete's, and I my post are laughed at because of it. At least now with Dubois, I'll know in my heart and head for sure... I'll go ahead and change my username on here and see If yall still know me... No cheating moderators...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1395390" timestamp="1366225185"]
I started using my real name back when I was running the youth football league here at HJ. I made alot of enemies here (Farmer, scapegoat, McGarrity, usedtobe insert your comments here) trying to do the right things. With the types of "call it what it is" comments I post on here, even when we were on the youth blogs, I got called out a couple of times and one day said to hell with it, I aint hiding from anyone. I was always harder on my boys than I was on the other kids because I never wanted to be the "daddy baller". I dispise those types of people because they turn away gifted athlete's at young ages. Hardin Jefferson is riddled with them. I never once held a kid back that was better than mine or played the same position as mine. You guys dont know these kids like I know them and I have two kids telling me what they are told to do in certain situations. My kids HAVE suffered from my opinions..... My oldest didnt even get nominated for All District this past year because of it. That is a coach or group of coaches punishing a kid because they dont like his dad..... I gave David Martel the benefit of the doubt..... The only thing my son learned under him was that it is ok to loose.... Huddleston, I never tried to confront you or any other coaches up there because it would not have done any good and David wouldnt have allowed it. I spoke to him twice about my kids and the direction of the program because there is no excuse for not using film as a teaching tool, not having an offseason program, not doing any type of form tackling drills and  asking him why are All Dist type of athletes on the bench and jv talent on the field. And I sent him one email to voice my disgust with the defense just to make myself feel better. All I have wanted for the last 2 years was to get a fresh coach that has no ties to the district or anyone in it. I got my wish and I'm extatic. My boys can already tell a difference in the workouts and the excitement of the new coach. For the first time in years, there is a buzz at HJ about football!  My high school years I will never forget, we played 4 games in the Astrodome, 1 game at Texas A&M's Kyle Field, and the 5A State Championship in Texas Stadium. For a month and 1/2 we were treated like professional football players so we thought. I started trying to impress Coach Shaver as a 7th grader and continued until he died last month. Why would i not want that type of person to be a role model for my kids? I know after some of the things that went on in that locker room and on the practice field with last years graduated seniors, I think most of the kids had lost respect for David and most o the staff. And I say staff Coach Hudd because David let it happen. All this will come out in August when you see what happens with a FOOTBALL guy running the show. Hey, [b]we may not beat everybody in the district[/b], but I have all the faith in the world in Dubois by the impact he has made just 2 weeks in. You guys think what you want about me, I've always told my boys if your better than everyone, they cant deny you and if they do, they will look like idiots and in the end you will have the last laugh.... Guess what? I"m getting ready to start laughing my butt off!!! Hey, maybe HJ's boys are not gifted athlete's, and I my post are laughed at because of it. At least now with Dubois, I'll know in my heart and head for sure... I'll go ahead and change my username on here and see If yall still know me... No cheating moderators...
[/quote]
That is the most truthful thing you have ever said, since you came on this board.

You got it wrong, I am not your enemy. I wish those HJ players nothing but success, except when they play Silsbee.
My problem is with you calling out coach's on a message board, thinking you know more than they do.
Like I said in a earlier thread, go back to school get your teaching degree and your coaching certification, then you can criticize.
Whenever anyone says something about HJ that you disagree with, you start the subtle references (you know what I am talking about)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1395430" timestamp="1366231874"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110805.msg1395390#msg1395390 date=1366225185]
I started using my real name back when I was running the youth football league here at HJ. I made alot of enemies here (Farmer, scapegoat, McGarrity, usedtobe insert your comments here) trying to do the right things. With the types of "call it what it is" comments I post on here, even when we were on the youth blogs, I got called out a couple of times and one day said to hell with it, I aint hiding from anyone. I was always harder on my boys than I was on the other kids because I never wanted to be the "daddy baller". I dispise those types of people because they turn away gifted athlete's at young ages. Hardin Jefferson is riddled with them. I never once held a kid back that was better than mine or played the same position as mine. You guys dont know these kids like I know them and I have two kids telling me what they are told to do in certain situations. My kids HAVE suffered from my opinions..... My oldest didnt even get nominated for All District this past year because of it. That is a coach or group of coaches punishing a kid because they dont like his dad..... I gave David Martel the benefit of the doubt..... The only thing my son learned under him was that it is ok to loose.... Huddleston, I never tried to confront you or any other coaches up there because it would not have done any good and David wouldnt have allowed it. I spoke to him twice about my kids and the direction of the program because there is no excuse for not using film as a teaching tool, not having an offseason program, not doing any type of form tackling drills and  asking him why are All Dist type of athletes on the bench and jv talent on the field. And I sent him one email to voice my disgust with the defense just to make myself feel better. All I have wanted for the last 2 years was to get a fresh coach that has no ties to the district or anyone in it. I got my wish and I'm extatic. My boys can already tell a difference in the workouts and the excitement of the new coach. For the first time in years, there is a buzz at HJ about football!  My high school years I will never forget, we played 4 games in the Astrodome, 1 game at Texas A&M's Kyle Field, and the 5A State Championship in Texas Stadium. For a month and 1/2 we were treated like professional football players so we thought. I started trying to impress Coach Shaver as a 7th grader and continued until he died last month. Why would i not want that type of person to be a role model for my kids? I know after some of the things that went on in that locker room and on the practice field with last years graduated seniors, I think most of the kids had lost respect for David and most o the staff. And I say staff Coach Hudd because David let it happen. All this will come out in August when you see what happens with a FOOTBALL guy running the show. Hey, [b]we may not beat everybody in the district[/b], but I have all the faith in the world in Dubois by the impact he has made just 2 weeks in. You guys think what you want about me, I've always told my boys if your better than everyone, they cant deny you and if they do, they will look like idiots and in the end you will have the last laugh.... Guess what? I"m getting ready to start laughing my butt off!!! Hey, maybe HJ's boys are not gifted athlete's, and I my post are laughed at because of it. At least now with Dubois, I'll know in my heart and head for sure... I'll go ahead and change my username on here and see If yall still know me... No cheating moderators...
[/quote]
That is the most truthful thing you have ever said, since you came on this board.

You got it wrong, I am not your enemy. I wish those HJ players nothing but success, except when they play Silsbee.
[b]My problem is with you calling out coach's on a message board, thinking you know more than they do.[/b]Like I said in a earlier thread, go back to school get your teaching degree and your coaching certification, then you can criticize.
Whenever anyone says something about HJ that you disagree with, you start the subtle references (you know what I am talking about)
[/quote]

Thats where your wrong... I dont know what Martel knows about football..... I said he was either playing favorites or he was a poor judge of talent. I said he didnt run a very good program. Thats obvious or you guys wouldnt be laughing at us everyday... It really doesnt matter what I put on here, you few and I mean few people, are going to twist it up anyway.... Out of all the thousand people that view these threads, just you, scatright, mggarity, imtodense I mean mytwocents and HJ's #1 fan lazeek are the only ones that disagree with me... Who are you guys anyway????

[quote name="Scatright" post="1395448" timestamp="1366235523"]
I'll bet that Coach DuBois looks at this board, and I'll bet the he had formed the opinion that Edelmon was an idiot before he ever stepped foot in Sour Lake. 

I hope he doesn't project that opinion on your kids....maybe you should hope he doesn't.
[/quote]

Really....... My kids will be fine brotha!!!!! Come watch'em BOTH on Friday nights!!!!!! I'll even bring you a donut pillow to sit on so when them Hawks score and your ol' roids start to swell up, you'll be able to keep on scattin! Scoobi-doobie-wap-wap-pop-pow!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1395494" timestamp="1366243763"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110805.msg1395430#msg1395430 date=1366231874]
[/quote]

[b]My problem is with you calling out coach's on a message board, thinking you know more than they do.[/b]Like I said in a earlier thread, go back to school get your teaching degree and your coaching certification, then you can criticize.
[/quote]

Thats where your wrong... I dont know what Martel knows about football.....[b] I said he was either playing favorites or he was a poor judge of talent[/b]. I said he didnt run a very good program. Thats obvious or you guys wouldnt be laughing at us everyday... It really doesnt matter what I put on here, you few and I mean few people, are going to twist it up anyway.... Out of all the thousand people that view these threads, just you, scatright, mggarity, imtodense I mean mytwocents and HJ's #1 fan lazeek are the only ones that disagree with me... Who are you guys anyway????
[/quote]

Jeez!!
That is calling the man out, saying that a coach held a grudge against you, and that is the reason your son did not get all district (give me a break) You have done nothing but rag on Coach Martel and some of the assistants that are or were at HJ. You know it and I know it and pretty much everyone else who reads setxsports.

Believe me, I am not laughing at HJ's players or program, I am laughing at you.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1395499" timestamp="1366244503"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110805.msg1395494#msg1395494 date=1366243763]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110805.msg1395430#msg1395430 date=1366231874]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats where your wrong... I dont know what Martel knows about football.....[b] I said he was either playing favorites or he was a poor judge of talent[/b]. I said he didnt run a very good program. Thats obvious or you guys wouldnt be laughing at us everyday... It really doesnt matter what I put on here, you few and I mean few people, are going to twist it up anyway.... Out of all the thousand people that view these threads, just you, scatright, mggarity, imtodense I mean mytwocents and HJ's #1 fan lazeek are the only ones that disagree with me... Who are you guys anyway????
[/quote]

Jeez!!
That is calling the man out, saying that a coach held a grudge against you, and[b] that is the reason your son did not get all district (give me a break)[/b] You have done nothing but rag on Coach Martel and [b]some of the assistants that are or were at HJ.[/b] You know it and I know it and pretty much everyone else who reads setxsports.

Wrong again Former Fan.... I said he didnt get nominated..... I said the assistants hands were tied.... Cmon dude, learn how to read...... Leave the sheep alone Farmer.... Read a book, exercise yor mind...
[/quote]

Wrong again Former Fan.... I said he didnt get nominated..... I said the assistants hands were tied.... Cmon dude, learn how to read...... Leave the sheep alone Farmer.... Read a book, exercise yor mind...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1395503" timestamp="1366245269"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110805.msg1395499#msg1395499 date=1366244503]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=110805.msg1395494#msg1395494 date=1366243763]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jeez!!
That is calling the man out, saying that a coach held a grudge against you, and[b] that is the reason your son did not get all district (give me a break)[/b] You have done nothing but rag on Coach Martel and [b]some of the assistants that are or were at HJ.[/b] You know it and I know it and pretty much everyone else who reads setxsports.

Wrong again Former Fan.... I said he didnt get nominated..... I said the assistants hands were tied.... Cmon dude, learn how to read...... [b]Leave the sheep alone[/b] Farmer.... Read a book, exercise yor mind...

[/quote]
[/quote]
There you go withe the innuendo's again.  ::)
Childish and immature!! Your family must be so proud ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1395506" timestamp="1366245493"]
Oh, and before you say you feel sorry for my kids, he just read these post made today and he is laughing at you right now farmer Brown-eye...
[/quote]

Well the acorn does not fall far from the tree ::) ::)