Kountze @ Deweyville Predictions (game moved to Kountze)

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1391273" timestamp="1365076101"]
Lions travel to Deweyville to take on the Pirates this Friday for round 2 of District 25-2A play.
Giving a slight edge to the Pirates in this go around with Howell on the mound.  Should be a really good game.  Good luck to both teams.

Pirates - 2
Lions - 0
[/quote]
Game was moved to Kountze from what I heard .. and Franklin is getting the start for Kountze this game..Final score will prolly bd

[quote name="utfan06" post="1391274" timestamp="1365076585"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=110790.msg1391273#msg1391273 date=1365076101]
Lions travel to Deweyville to take on the Pirates this Friday for round 2 of District 25-2A play.
Giving a slight edge to the Pirates in this go around with Howell on the mound.  Should be a really good game.  Good luck to both teams.

Pirates - 2
Lions - 0
[/quote]
Game was moved to Kountze from what I heard .. and Franklin is getting the start for Kountze this game..Final score will prolly bd
[/quote]
Thats correct, just heard field in Deweyville in bad shape. Thanks for the correction.

If Howell is hot tonight and sends 15+ back to dugout with a K, Howelliville might win the pitching duel 1-0.  If Kountze puts the ball in play and I expect they will, it could get ugly early.  Admittediy its is difficult to stay in game defensively(mentally focused)  when your pitcher is rolling and mowing the opponent down but you should be able to make your routine plays, which I have seen Deweyville fumble almost unbelievably  at times.  It will boil down to defense tonight I think.  Runs will probably equal errors.  Should be a fun pitching exhibition to watch, walks will be deadly.  I pick Kountze 6-3.  Howell is a very crafty pitcher who does not rely on velocity alone to dominate his victims, but kountze has a couple bats that can make him pay if they get what they are looking for.   

I say Deweyville is Screwing up by pitching Howell, They should save him for EC tuesday, who cares about Kountze. Deweyville can lose to Kountze all three times as long as they keep beating the teams they have already beat they will finish in the top two in the district.    JMO

With franklin pitching for Kountze and howell for D-Ville it will be A 1-0 game that can go either way the guy that said the score would be 6-3 kountze must not have A clue NOBODY in this District can put up 6 on Howell LMAO

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1391691" timestamp="1365186755"]
I say Deweyville is Screwing up by pitching Howell, They should save him for EC tuesday, who cares about Kountze. Deweyville can lose to Kountze all three times as long as they keep beating the teams they have already beat they will finish in the top two in the district.    JMO

With franklin pitching for Kountze and howell for D-Ville it will be A 1-0 game that can go either way the guy that said the score would be 6-3 kountze must not have A clue NOBODY in this District can put up 6 on Howell LMAO
[/quote]
The person that made that statement one of the most well rounded knowledgeable baseball people around and has watched Deweyville and Kountze close...lmao! He was just making a friendly evaluation of the game..Howell is great but it does take a team and sometimes teams falter...anyway I hope Deweyville over looks Kountze...that's great for Kountze and really when it comes to our pitching...your choice left or right! Either way it will be a great game...I want Howell to pitch, he is a very talented young man and our batters can only get better by facing him!

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1391691" timestamp="1365186755"]
I say [b]Deweyville is Screwing up by pitching Howell[/b], They should save him for EC tuesday, who cares about Kountze. Deweyville can lose to Kountze all three times as long as they keep beating the teams they have already beat they will finish in the top two in the district.    JMO

With franklin pitching for Kountze and howell for D-Ville it will be A 1-0 game that can go either way the guy that said the score would be 6-3 kountze must not have A clue NOBODY in this District can put up [b]6 on Howell[/b] LMAO
[/quote]

I totally agree with your first statement, I don't think Deweyville has ever used Howell for the right games, I think Deweyville could have made it to the playoffs last year had they tried not so hard to beat Buna instead of making sure they won all the games would have for sure had they used Howell in them.  He is definitely a "Stud" and a pleasure to watch work his craft.  note:  I am not saying Buna wasn't beatable, because they were, just there were better odds in other games.

Your second statement I prefaced the scored with your defense and errors......there are abundant(errors) every time I have seen them play.  Dribbles in the infield, routine double plays bobbled to end up not even making an out, almost surprised that the ball has been put into play.  I imagine both pitchers will walk away with intact ERA's and which ever defense commits least errors wins.  Walks will be deadly in my opinion and will factor in some way..... they always do.

I am not certain, so this isn't a qospel but I believe Franklin had a hell of game vs Hardin first game, lots of K's, next to no hits, and still lost due to some miss ques  behind the plate....

maybe I don't have a clue but I do believe Kountze has a lot more kids with swings that can put the ball in play than Howelliville does, that was my point.

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1391706" timestamp="1365188186"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=110790.msg1391691#msg1391691 date=1365186755]
I say [b]Deweyville is Screwing up by pitching Howell[/b], They should save him for EC tuesday, who cares about Kountze. Deweyville can lose to Kountze all three times as long as they keep beating the teams they have already beat they will finish in the top two in the district.    JMO

With franklin pitching for Kountze and howell for D-Ville it will be A 1-0 game that can go either way the guy that said the score would be 6-3 kountze must not have A clue NOBODY in this District can put up [b]6 on Howell[/b] LMAO
[/quote]

I totally agree with your first statement, I don't think Deweyville has ever used Howell for the right games, I think Deweyville could have made it to the playoffs last year had they tried not so hard to beat Buna instead of making sure they won all the games would have for sure had they used Howell in them.  He is definitely a "Stud" and a pleasure to watch work his craft.  note:  I am not saying Buna wasn't beatable, because they were, just there were better odds in other games.

Your second statement I prefaced the scored with your defense and errors......there are abundant(errors) every time I have seen them play.  Dribbles in the infield, routine double plays bobbled to end up not even making an out, almost surprised that the ball has been put into play.  I imagine both pitchers will walk away with intact ERA's and which ever defense commits least errors wins.  Walks will be deadly in my opinion and will factor in some way..... they always do.

I am not certain, so this isn't a qospel but I believe Franklin had a hell of game vs Hardin first game, lots of K's, next to no hits, and still lost due to some miss ques  behind the plate....

maybe I don't have a clue but I do believe Kountze has a lot more kids with swings that can put the ball in play than [b]Howelliville[/b] does, that was my point.
[/quote]
By calling the Deweyville Pirates "Howellville" you are degrading a pretty good team thats currently 5-1 in District play. Not sure what your problem is with Deweyville but I can promise you this is a complete team that is very lucky to have a "stud" like Jacob on the team. You want to talk about errors? You need to address the errors that the Lions make and there are plenty, having watched them the last 3 yrs. Try and remember these are High School kids that are playing a game, and maybe you can learn some class from them.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1391728" timestamp="1365193194"]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=110790.msg1391706#msg1391706 date=1365188186]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=110790.msg1391691#msg1391691 date=1365186755]

[/quote]

maybe I don't have a clue but I do believe Kountze has a lot more kids with swings that can put the ball in play than [b]Howelliville[/b] does, that was my point.
[/quote]
By calling the Deweyville Pirates "[b]Howellville[/b]" you are degrading a pretty good team thats currently 5-1 in District play. Not sure what your problem is with Deweyville but I can promise you this is a complete team that is very lucky to have a "stud" like Jacob on the team. You want to talk about errors? You need to address the errors that the Lions make and there are plenty, having watched them the last 3 yrs. Try and remember these are High School kids that are playing a game, and maybe you can learn some class from them.
[/quote]

In hind site Howellville was poor choice of words, I only intended to honor Jacob Howell, but you are right,  it indirectly put other kids down, and that was wrong.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  When I think of Deweyville baseball, I think of Howell but it does take an entire team to win.  Deweyville certainly has good athletes on the team.  Errors are part of the game, doesn't mean to me whether a kid is good or bad.  I do think they often affect the outcome of the game, as I do think they will tonight.  Goodluck to both teams.

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1391740" timestamp="1365196309"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=110790.msg1391728#msg1391728 date=1365193194]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=110790.msg1391706#msg1391706 date=1365188186]

[/quote]

[/quote]
By calling the Deweyville Pirates "[b]Howellville[/b]" you are degrading a pretty good team thats currently 5-1 in District play. Not sure what your problem is with Deweyville but I can promise you this is a complete team that is very lucky to have a "stud" like Jacob on the team. You want to talk about errors? You need to address the errors that the Lions make and there are plenty, having watched them the last 3 yrs. Try and remember these are High School kids that are playing a game, and maybe you can learn some class from them.
[/quote]

In hind site Howellville was poor choice of words, I only intended to honor Jacob Howell, but you are right,  it indirectly put other kids down, and that was wrong.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  When I think of Deweyville baseball, I think of Howell but it does take an entire team to win.  Deweyville certainly has good athletes on the team.  Errors are part of the game, doesn't mean to me whether a kid is good or bad.  I do think they often affect the outcome of the game, as I do think they will tonight.  Goodluck to both teams.
[/quote]
Well said. And thanks.

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1391705" timestamp="1365187973"]

[/quote]
The person that made that statement one of the most well rounded knowledgeable baseball people around and has watched Deweyville and Kountze close...lmao! He was just making a friendly evaluation of the game..Howell is great but it does take a team and sometimes teams falter...anyway I hope Deweyville over looks Kountze...that's great for Kountze and really when it comes to our pitching...your choice [b]left or right[/b]! Either way it will be a great game...I want Howell to pitch, he is a very talented young man and our batters can only get better by facing him!
[/quote]

Wich one of these studs did they get?

[quote name="Keith Stone" post="1391941" timestamp="1365220474"]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=110790.msg1391705#msg1391705 date=1365187973]

[/quote]
The person that made that statement one of the most well rounded knowledgeable baseball people around and has watched Deweyville and Kountze close...lmao! He was just making a friendly evaluation of the game..Howell is great but it does take a team and sometimes teams falter...anyway I hope Deweyville over looks Kountze...that's great for Kountze and really when it comes to our pitching...your choice [b]left or right[/b]! Either way it will be a great game...I want Howell to pitch, he is a very talented young man and our batters can only get better by facing him!
[/quote]

[/quote]
One that had a off night

[quote name="utfan06" post="1391966" timestamp="1365248398"]
[quote author=Keith Stone link=topic=110790.msg1391941#msg1391941 date=1365220474]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=110790.msg1391705#msg1391705 date=1365187973]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
One that had a off night
[/quote]
Big congrats to Jacob Howell...great pitcher...good win Deweyville! UTFAN06...your on the nose...off night first time this year. For those who expect a 16 year old to be on every time they hit the bump, well lets just say that's a bit unfair! I was proud of him for taking it on the chin and trying to make difference elsewhere on the field...you hope for best and sometimes it's just one of those days...big thanks to Stevie Fregiae for coming and cleaning things up....great job kid!

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1391671" timestamp="1365182380"]
If Howell is hot tonight and sends 15+ back to dugout with a K, Howelliville might win the pitching duel 1-0.  If Kountze puts the ball in play and I expect they will, it could get ugly early.  Admittediy its is difficult to stay in game defensively(mentally focused)  when your pitcher is rolling and mowing the opponent down but you should be able to make your routine plays, which I have seen Deweyville fumble almost unbelievably  at times.  It will boil down to defense tonight I think.  Runs will probably equal errors.  Should be a fun pitching exhibition to watch, walks will be deadly.  I pick Kountze 6-3.  Howell is a very crafty pitcher who does not rely on velocity alone to dominate his victims, but kountze has a couple bats that can make him pay if they get what they are looking for. 
[/quote]
yum yum, my crow sure taste sweet....Howell was having fun and controlled entire game, great job, got into walk trouble a couple times, and pitched his way right out of it.  Hopefully the Lions learned from it and moved on which it seems they did with a nice victory over EC.  Good job Pirates, saw more sharp balls put into play than I have noticed in the paste.

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1392479" timestamp="1365446949"]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=110790.msg1391671#msg1391671 date=1365182380]
[/quote]
yum yum, my crow sure taste sweet....Howell was having fun and controlled entire game, great job, got into walk trouble a couple times, and pitched his way right out of it.  Hopefully the Lions learned from it and moved on which it seems they did with a nice victory over EC.  Good job Pirates, saw more sharp balls put into play than I have noticed in the paste.
[/quote]
Howell definitely relies a lot on velocity lol

[quote name="utfan06" post="1392653" timestamp="1365476167"]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=110790.msg1392479#msg1392479 date=1365446949]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=110790.msg1391671#msg1391671 date=1365182380]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
8 of his 11 strikeouts was on off speed pitches, Jacob has developed a nasty split finger pitch to go along with his curve.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1392693" timestamp="1365513189"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=110790.msg1392653#msg1392653 date=1365476167]
[quote author=Sportsfan1968 link=topic=110790.msg1392479#msg1392479 date=1365446949]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
8 of his 11 strikeouts was on off speed pitches, Jacob has developed a nasty split finger pitch to go along with his curve.
[/quote]
But without that fastball they aren't as effective

[quote name="utfan06" post="1392699" timestamp="1365514083"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=110790.msg1392693#msg1392693 date=1365513189]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=110790.msg1392653#msg1392653 date=1365476167]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
But without that fastball they aren't as effective
[/quote]
You are correct, it does setup his off speed pitches.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02