WHo is the best pitcher and shortstop in the golden triangle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigCountry66
I was committed to the top 5 teams in the country when I was in high school but none of them ever offered me a scholarship. ;)

Guest BigCountry66
Not knocking the kid.  He sounds very talented and will prob do great wherever he lands.  I just find the recruiting world a little comical these days.  For example, I went to the link that you provided and then took a look at the commits for Arkansas for 2013.  They have 17 committed.  Which is fine, unless all of those kids are expecting a scholarship.  And baseball is different because I don't believe there is a 'full ride' like you have in basketball and football.  It's just interesting and sort of amusing, especially when kids are 'committing' to schools and getting 'offers' before they even get into high school.  I believe the only offers that really matter are the ones you get during your senior season after you've taken some 'official' visits.  But that's just me.  Good luck to the Proctor kid.

I saw a kid at the LIttle League Park the other night that was pretty Gosh Dar n good at SS....They even had a few scouts from the Braves and the Mets there to watch.....Well i'm not actually sure if they were scouts or Grandpa's.... 

I hate to be a participant in the hi-jacking of a thread, but I have some questions. What is it that kids and parents could be missing that leads them to term a scholarship as a "Full Ride"? Baseball scholarships are year to year, and the fees that may be covered in part or whole would be: Tuition, books, all misc fees, meals, & housing. Did I miss something? Is there something else that would need to be covered. I know that if a kid is close to home, he may choose to not live on campus, therefore there would be no housing allowance, but, possibly a stipend to equate to that amount. An expert I am NOT, somebody please clarify.

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1390320" timestamp="1364757750"]
I'm sure you were told by someone that it was a full ride but schools hardly ever give full athletic scholarships for baseball
[/quote]

Well mister know it all, I guess he was told by the coach since he is my dad.

According to ole Gilligan at Lamar...who ever said it was right...He re-ups his scholarships each year so if your work habit or grades is less than desirable, you might go from 50% to 25%. I have been told if you want it all covered you better be an academian as well as an exceptional player...or pitch around the century mark if your a right hander or 93-95 as a lefty. Told my kid he better work on the grades because pushing it up to mid 90's is probably harder to achieve. I understood your point Franchise...true full ride scholarships are a very very very rare thing. Not doubting anyone's college achievements. just saying...

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1390320" timestamp="1364757750"]
I'm sure you were told by someone that it was a full ride but schools hardly ever give full athletic scholarships for baseball
[/quote]Your correct....the guy I heard it from was coach Gilligan and was during the early signing,> IDK who is the best SS or pitcher in the area..

[quote name="rounder17" post="1390360" timestamp="1364774306"]
[quote author=Franchiseball link=topic=110611.msg1389976#msg1389976 date=1364563956]
Figured that! Ford is very good probably best SS prospect in the class of 2015 in the area and that's a very good class.
[/quote]

I'll do anything to impress Chad Shepherd  ;D
[/quote]

No need to try to impress me you already have cause your the only person I have ever heard of getting a full baseball scholarship and then you didn't it take it crazy. I know this my roommate in college was a freshmen All-American and he wasn't on a full ride.

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1390434" timestamp="1364812909"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=110611.msg1390360#msg1390360 date=1364774306]
[quote author=Franchiseball link=topic=110611.msg1389976#msg1389976 date=1364563956]
Figured that! Ford is very good probably best SS prospect in the class of 2015 in the area and that's a very good class.
[/quote]

I'll do anything to impress Chad Shepherd  ;D
[/quote]

No need to try to impress me you already have cause your the only person I have ever heard of getting a full baseball scholarship and then you didn't it take it crazy. I know this my roommate in college was a freshmen All-American and he wasn't on a full ride.
[/quote]

Good for him. I know a guy that got drafted in the 39th round, and signed for a million dollars. You never hear of that either, so what's your point? 

Before you respond Franchise NO it wasn't Rounder in the 39th, it was 11th, 33rd n 45th for him...and you? BTW you can smite me all you want I can take it, for all the grammer n spelling cops I really tried my best to please you :) OH yea he was offered a full ride at Northwestern after 3 yrs at JUCO, turned that down also...so thats twice now you have heard of someone turning down a full ride, juries still out on the best SS and pitcher in the area

[quote name="643" post="1390440" timestamp="1364818116"]
Before you respond Franchise NO it wasn't Rounder in the 39th, it was 11th, 33rd n 45th for him...and you? BTW you can smite me all you want I can take it, for all the grammer n spelling cops I really tried my best to please you :) OH yea he was offered a full ride at Northwestern after 3 yrs at JUCO, turned that down also...so thats twice now you have heard of someone turning down a full ride, juries still out on the best SS and pitcher in the area
[/quote]
How do you do 3 yrs at JUCO - aren't Junior Colleges all 2 years?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder