Fishing for Spring Break

Any body got ideas for saltwater spots next week.  I am ready to go try some spots.  Water temp still a little cool.  Any reports from the Sabine Lake bulkheads by the marina?  Any from Sabine Pass State Park?  I am also even interestead trying for whiting on the coast if it is not too early.  I need a nibble, I need a bite I need something to do with my rod in my left and my real in my right.

I haven’t been this year so I don’t have any personal experience to offer. (But no one else has offered anything). The weather is looking great for most of next week with possible lower winds towards the end of week. (it's too early to really know) It may be a good opportunity to hit the lake. If I were going and the lower winds hold true I would consider the beach for whiting, but I like fishing the surf.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1384693" timestamp="1363039970"]
go out to the neches and fish.  the pros are out there pre-fishing right now.  we got to stop and talk to a couple of them for a few minutes, which was pretty cool.  of course, it's the neches, so the fishing isn't very good.
[/quote]

You offer to sell 'em some live bass?

[quote name="bullets13" post="1384693" timestamp="1363039970"]
go out to the neches and fish.  the pros are out there pre-fishing right now.  we got to stop and talk to a couple of them for a few minutes, which was pretty cool.  of course, it's the neches, so the fishing isn't very good.
[/quote]
It really is pretty cool. They are all over the place here in Orange. The boat ramp is staging up. I saw this one and many others in the lot yesturday.

http://www.kogt.com/

[quote name="westend1" post="1384815" timestamp="1363096681"]
FYI.  I have a friend who killed the flounder fishing the Louisiana shoreline Saturday.  Using mud minnows in the bayous north of blue buck.
[/quote]

Thanks, I plan to try my luck Thursday if the winds cooperate.  Has anyone been doing any good on the North end of the lake?

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="1385449" timestamp="1363232616"]
I did catch a couple of keeper flounder and released one.  Also reeled in about a 7 inch whiting trying to mate with a 4 inch plastic. Gonna try the coast tomorrow.
[/quote]
Glad you were able to get out. Where'd you catchum?

Webcam shows a great looking surf.

We have see eagles on the lake regularly but this morning we had four flying over us.  That is the most we have ever seen at one time.  Two of them even fought  for a moment free falling until they were maybe 75 yards above the water where they seperated and went back to soaring.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder