Parents of student athletes, PLEASE READ!!! Important!!!

I just got off of the phone with one of many "AAU summer gurus", and I am just DISGUSTED! This guy, who called ME, asked about a kid of "his" that we are recruiting, that is eligible to leave junior college after just one year. He asked how much we were willing to "pay" to guarantee that this kid signs with us!  :o :o  I told him thats against the NCAA rules and thats not how we do it here...I WAS going to back off of the kid, but realized that its not HIS fault...PARENTS...If you are able to, PLEASE handle your kids recruitment, and stop allowing weasels like that guy to "pawn off" your kids...GET INVOLVED in the entire process! And DO NOT allow these guys to tell you that Division I is the ONLY way..There are SEVERAL different levels of college basketball in which  in ALL they can earn a COLLEGE DEGREE, at little or no cost to YOU, which should be the ultimate goal.. AAU basketball is a necessary evil, but we must get scumbags like that one out of the system, because he will RUIN it for some unsuspecting kid! GET INVOLVED IN YOUR KIDS RECRUITMENT!! PLEASE! (off of my soapbox now) 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382784" timestamp="1362501052"]
I just got off of the phone with one of many "AAU summer gurus", and I am just DISGUSTED! This guy, who called ME, asked about a kid of "his" that we are recruiting, that is eligible to leave junior college after just one year. He asked how much we were willing to "pay" to guarantee that this kid signs with us!  :o :o  I told him thats against the NCAA rules and thats not how we do it here...I WAS going to back off of the kid, but realized that its not HIS fault...PARENTS...If you are able to, PLEASE handle your kids recruitment, and stop allowing weasels like that guy to "pawn off" your kids...GET INVOLVED in the entire process! And DO NOT allow these guys to tell you that Division I is the ONLY way..There are SEVERAL different levels of college basketball in which  in ALL they can earn a COLLEGE DEGREE, at little or no cost to YOU, which should be the ultimate goal.. AAU basketball is a necessary evil, but we must get scumbags like that one out of the system, because he will RUIN it for some unsuspecting kid! GET INVOLVED IN YOUR KIDS RECRUITMENT!! PLEASE! (off of my soapbox now) 8)
[/quote]
DickieV - I'm very proud of you and your position on this matter!!!  :-*

Yep, seems to be a familiar occurrence these days when you're not active in your kid's lives in summer and high school ball. Dickie just biting the hand that wants to feed him. You will give in Dickie to the almighty devil. Go ahead, sell your soul. I won't be mad at cha...... ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1382851" timestamp="1362511179"]
Yep, seems to be a familiar occurrence these days when you're not active in your kid's lives in summer and high school ball. Dickie just biting the hand that wants to feed him. You will give in Dickie to the almighty devil. Go ahead, sell your soul. I won't be mad at cha...... ;D
[/quote] ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382784" timestamp="1362501052"]
[/quote]Well said DV.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor