HJ AD/Head Coach???

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1388574" timestamp="1364218529"]
[quote author=mical link=topic=109970.msg1388520#msg1388520 date=1364177706]
Whoever said there were bad choices is misinformed or.......Many good choices.  Our kids are very excited for a new start!  [b]I have spoken to several of the applicants[/b] and feel like the right man will turn things around at hj.  I guess they didn't heed the warning of that other old coach forum.
[/quote]

I call BS on that statement!!

Coaches are secretive by nature, they certainly will not discuss job openings with us common folk, [b]and they absolutely do not like their names printed in the paper about jobs they have applied for[/b].

Which part do you call BS on?  I guess some coaches trust some people to hold discussions in privacy.  I have not mentioned any coach by name nor will I.  All I said is that there are some good coach/ad
candidates, and that the ones who have contacted me would be great for hj.
[/quote]

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109970.msg1388698#msg1388698 date=1364240209]
Mical, it doesnt matter what you say, this forum is biased. These Silsbee folks will light you up for saying hello. I think half of them are moderators and the other half are friends with the moderators..
[/quote
LOL! I'm drying my eyes as I type. I do get a little intimidated when I get up enough courage to actually make a post!  Its is scary.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mical" post="1388668" timestamp="1364233511"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=109970.msg1388574#msg1388574 date=1364218529]
Whoever said there were bad choices is misinformed or.......Many good choices.  Our kids are very excited for a new start!  [b]I have spoken to several of the applicants[/b] and feel like the right man will turn things around at hj.  I guess they didn't heed the warning of that other old coach forum.
[/quote]

I call BS on that statement!!

Coaches are secretive by nature, they certainly will not discuss job openings with us common folk, [b]and they absolutely do not like their names printed in the paper about jobs they have applied for[/b].

[b]Which part do you call BS on[/b]?  I guess some coaches trust some people to hold discussions in privacy.  I have not mentioned any coach by name nor will I.  All I said is that there are some good coach/ad
candidates, and that the ones who have contacted me would be great for hj.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Like I said, your whole statement.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="usedtobe" post="1388552" timestamp="1364199421"]
Whoever said there were bad choices is misinformed or.......Many good choices.  Our kids are very excited for a new start!  I have spoken to several of the applicants and feel like the right man will turn things around at hj.  I guess they didn't heed the warning of that other old coach forum.
[/quote]
Question?  Why have you spoken to several of the applicants?  And, specifically, how many is several?  Are you on the selection committee? ???
[/quote]

He won't answer that. The only people he may have spoken with, are the HJ coach's that applied.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mical" post="1388816" timestamp="1364301253"]
I really don't care about your opinion. The post I made was for people from our area who have skin in the game.  You my friend are a knat on my .SS!  Ff
[/quote]

::) ::)
Then I would not post it on a open forum for other people to respond.
Thin skin rookies!!

I personally know 3 of the applicants. I'm sure Mical knows a few more than me. You see, when you have been involed in football your whole life, wether it be peewee, jr high, high school, college or even pro, you meet alot of folks. Mical played at a lot higher level than probably anyone on this forum with the exception of very, very, VERY few. So you either played with them, against them or for them.... Or their dad or brother.... How many cotton bowls you play in FRAN?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1388869" timestamp="1364311531"]
I personally know 3 of the applicants. I'm sure Mical knows a few more than me. You see, when you have been involed in football your whole life, wether it be [b]peewee[/b], jr high, high school, college or even pro, you meet alot of folks. Mical played at a lot higher level than probably anyone on this forum with the exception of very, very, VERY few. So you either played with them, against them or for them.... Or their dad or brother.... How many cotton bowls you play in FRAN?
[/quote]

Lets put it this way.

I am friends even golfing buddies with coach's, some have been to my house for dinner so I do know of what I speak.

A coach told me there are things coach's do not do and they are:

1. Never talk playing time with parents or fans. ( that maybe hard for you to understand)

2. Discuss job openings and they do not like to see their name in the paper for job openings, because they may have not told their current school they are looking or they may have not told their current players that they may be leaving for another position.

I personally could care less who HJ gets as a coach, because it will not change the fact that the Hawks will still not be very good.

OH!! Never played in the cotton bowl, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night  ;D

[b]We all know how much high school coach's value peewee coach's opinions[/b]  ::) ::)

Ok Fran, let me write this in crayon so you can understand it.... I have never went to a coach about my kids playing time... Wether or not I coached pee wee is irrelivant because my footbal knowledge goes beyond peewee... For one, my son was a starter on varsity as a freshman... Why go to the coach about playing time when my son rarely comes off the field? 2nd, thats what your golfing football coaching buddies told you because they know you will get on here and blabber your big flapper like Lazeek acting like you know a bunch stuff that in reality you know nothing... Oh, and staying in a Holiday Inn is nothing like playing in a Cotton Bowl. You see in a Cotton Bowl or any other bowl you meet people with simular interest, like football... All that tells me is that you couldnt afford a Hilton.....

mod edit: watch the foul talk please.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1388901" timestamp="1364315437"]
Ok Fran, let me write this in crayon so you can understand it.... I have never went to a coach about my kids playing time... Wether or not I coached pee wee is irrelivant because my footbal knowledge goes beyond peewee... For one, my son was a starter on varsity as a freshman... Why go to the coach about playing time when my son rarely comes off the field? 2nd, thats what your golfing football coaching buddies told you because they know you will get on here and blabber your big flapper like Lazeek [b]acting like you know a bunch stuff that in reality you know nothing[/b]... Oh, and staying in a Holiday Inn is nothing like playing in a Cotton Bowl. You see in a Cotton Bowl or any other bowl you meet people with simular interest, like football... All that tells me is that you couldnt afford a Hilton.....
[/quote]

I know more about the coaching profession than you think, and I will leave it at that.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1388922" timestamp="1364318357"]
You know didley!!!
[/quote]

Whatever!!  ::)

We will just agree to disagree.

Hope HJ make's the right decision on a coach, because the kids deserve it.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1388926" timestamp="1364318816"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109970.msg1388922#msg1388922 date=1364318357]
You know didley!!!
[/quote] can Didley help HJ versus Silsbee this year as in score more than 7 points? cause the hawks will need all the help they can get.  ;)
[/quote]

I think Bo Didley died in 2008, just throw his carcus out there any way, because it could not hurt their defense any worse than how they played last year.. ;D

I think, and i say this with all honesty, that a new coach will have something to prove and when it comes time for the Silsbee or WOS game, HJ will run it down your throat!!!! Because thats how you beat Silsbee and WOS, you keep them beastly QB's on the sideline and eat up the clock.... We have the personel to do it, just need the new guy to recognize it. And I believe they will. It cant get any worse than it was, it can only get better...

Besides, Silsbee aint nothin but a bunch of over-rated under-achievers... Keep being happy with 2nd place..... Thats your problem, your satisfied to play second fiddle behind the mighty WOS!!! HJ Fans "WE SUCK and need a new coach!", Silsbee fans "WOOO-HOOO!!! we got 2nd place... again!!!!! YES!!!"  C'mon man, get a football mentality why dont ya!!!!

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1388942" timestamp="1364321313"]
Besides, [b]Silsbee aint nothin but a bunch of over-rated under-achievers[/b]... Keep being happy with 2nd place..... Thats your problem, your satisfied to play second fiddle behind the mighty WOS!!! HJ Fans "WE SUCK and need a new coach!", Silsbee fans "WOOO-HOOO!!! we got 2nd place... again!!!!! YES!!!"  [b][b]C'mon man, get a football mentality why dont ya[/b][/b]!!!!
[/quote] Silsbee got to the Region 3 Finals last year. Yeah that 2nd place district finish really musta hurt them.  ;)

Besides, Silsbee aint nothin but a bunch of over-rated under-achievers... Keep being happy with 2nd place..... Thats your problem, your satisfied to play second fiddle behind the mighty WOS!!! HJ Fans "WE SUCK and need a new coach!", Silsbee fans "WOOO-HOOO!!! we got 2nd place... again!!!!! YES!!!"  C'mon man, get a football mentality why dont ya!!!!
[/quote]

This post is comical and far from the truth. ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[/quote]You are so misguided. Silsbee plays a tough non district schedule, because when district rolls around the Tigers are battle tested and ready to play for a District title.

In HJ football season is just a filler till basketball starts.

HJ only wishes they had the athletic program that Silsbee has.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1388954" timestamp="1364322449"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109970.msg1388942#msg1388942 date=1364321313]
[/quote]You are so misguided. Silsbee plays a tough non district schedule, because when district rolls around the Tigers are battle tested and ready to play for a District title.

In HJ football season is just a filler till basketball starts.

[/quote]

Not any more former fan...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder