Ad Hominem

UT alum

I encourage everybody who reads this thread to look up the term ad hominem, whether or not you already know its meaning.  The reason I come here only occasionally is because that form of rhetoric is used almost exclusively in every debate (here they seem to be arguments). It becomes tiring in a hurry. The only person who stands out of the ones I’ve encountered here is Steve Nash, May he Rest In Peace.  That man would engage in an intellectual debate most readily and effectively. As for most everyone else, the argument is against the opponent’s character or misjudged lack thereof.

Ad hominem rhetoric has been perfected by who seems to be the Lord and Savior of most on this blog, Donald J. Trump.  You all parrot him perfectly, chapter and verse.  I get tired of it in a hurry. How about trying to think for yourselves, and make your arguments for your case, instead of against your opponent. We might actually make some progress towards compromise, which is what the Founders so ingeniously designed our Constitution to achieve among competing points of view.  That’s all I have to say about that…

As hominem - (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

And based on that definition, isn’t that exactly what you did in your post?    Pretty much trashing all conservative posters?  You could’ve simply accused others of using that tactic but had to lump everyone as parroting Trump, who for some unknown reason you disdain.  The fact you support Biden and fear Trump is something we can’t wrap our heads around.   Your post almost invariably denounce Trump, but amazingly you never post the virtues of Biden.  So how about it UT alum.  How about a post extolling the benefits of having Biden as President, and get off the TDS train.

17 minutes ago, Hagar said:

As hominem - (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

And based on that definition, isn’t that exactly what you did in your post?    Pretty much trashing all conservative posters?  You could’ve simply accused others of using that tactic but had to lump everyone as parroting Trump, who for some unknown reason you disdain.  The fact you support Biden and fear Trump is something we can’t wrap our heads around.   Your post almost invariably denounce Trump, but amazingly you never post the virtues of Biden.  So how about it UT alum.  How about a post extolling the benefits of having Biden as President, and get off the TDS train.

I may trash conservatives as a group, but I try not to attack the person I’m debating with. That’s ad hominem. You don’t argue the subject, you trash the one you’re arguing against. I can’t say much to defend Biden at the moment, though I think we’ll be surprised be the economy in two years. I will say the deficit has shrunk sizeably this year. Trump has all the earmarks of an authoritarian ruler, and that’s not what I want for a leader.  I watched the Capitol riot from start to finish, and I want a leader who immediately jumps on such an affront, not wait four hours then say go home (but we wuz still robbed). He’s a coward. 

28 minutes ago, Hagar said:

How many people here support biden, or think he’s doing a great job?

Literally 1 person, maybe 2. This constant “what about Biden” retort is lame and boring. Obviously he SUCKS so why do we need a trillion topics repeating the same thing over and over and over 

The vast majority of posters here have binary brains. Why is it always “one or the other” here? Serious lack of brain capacity it seems. Divide and conquer 101, and you guys keep falling for it, like you fall for everything else 

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

Libs….. always saying that they respect other’s opinions until they realize that there actually IS another side. 

We worship Trump…. What a cop out for an inability to post something negative about Trump’s policies which benefited every American. 

Name one.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Libs….. always saying that they respect other’s opinions until they realize that there actually IS another side. 

We worship Trump…. What a cop out for an inability to post something negative about Trump’s policies which benefited every American. 

Yeah man totally loved that trillion dollar annual deficit, ZIRP, Covid bailout, trump bucks big spending that helped lead to massive inflation.

Conservatives, as always, become economists and fiscal conservatives the second team democrat gets back in office 

43 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I may trash conservatives as a group, but I try not to attack the person I’m debating with. That’s ad hominem. You don’t argue the subject, you trash the one you’re arguing against. I can’t say much to defend Biden at the moment, though I think we’ll be surprised be the economy in two years. I will say the deficit has shrunk sizeably this year. Trump has all the earmarks of an authoritarian ruler, and that’s not what I want for a leader.  I watched the Capitol riot from start to finish, and I want a leader who immediately jumps on such an affront, not wait four hours then say go home (but we wuz still robbed). He’s a coward. 

“Oh, “jumps on such affront”.  Like Biden hasn’t done in supporting, via silence, the lawbreakers threatening conservative justices on the SCOTUS?  That kind of leader?  You’ll have to do better than that.  They break the law with impunity yet the Biden Administration encourages them.  Has yet to condemn them.  They should be arrested.  Biden is manipulated by the Far Left, and they are the greatest danger to our democracy.  The Judicial Branch of our three Govt powers is under attack and nothing is done.

40 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Yeah man totally loved that trillion dollar annual deficit, ZIRP, Covid bailout, trump bucks big spending that helped lead to massive inflation.

Conservatives, as always, become economists and fiscal conservatives the second team democrat gets back in office 

If you buy that “cutting the deficit” 🐂💩, I’ve a Snow Ski Resort in Jasper to sell you.  As economists the reason we have such bad inflation and the majority will tell you it’s because of Govt spending.  If they spent (gave away) so much to destroy our economy, pray tell, how did they cut the deficit?  

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

I encourage everybody who reads this thread to look up the term ad hominem, whether or not you already know its meaning.  The reason I come here only occasionally is because that form of rhetoric is used almost exclusively in every debate (here they seem to be arguments). It becomes tiring in a hurry. The only person who stands out of the ones I’ve encountered here is Steve Nash, May he Rest In Peace.  That man would engage in an intellectual debate most readily and effectively. As for most everyone else, the argument is against the opponent’s character or misjudged lack thereof.

Ad hominem rhetoric has been perfected by who seems to be the Lord and Savior of most on this blog, Donald J. Trump.  You all parrot him perfectly, chapter and verse.  I get tired of it in a hurry. How about trying to think for yourselves, and make your arguments for your case, instead of against your opponent. We might actually make some progress towards compromise, which is what the Founders so ingeniously designed our Constitution to achieve among competing points of view.  That’s all I have to say about that…

What a pathetic rant. You are guilty of exactly this, but place blame on others. Very typical and oh so sad. You hear that a lot don't you.

It's hard to believe we have to endure the wrath of an angry man that has no focus or direction...just spews hate randomly. Imagine if someone like you got into a place of power. Oh how sorry the lives of the peasants would soon get.

As pathetic as this rant is, it still rates as entertainment for the board. It's comical to have another "brainiac" of limited intelligence telling all of us peons how inferior we are. Ask MagaManTrust about this...he is definitely an expert. Imagine a kindergartner snapping at his teacher...telling that teacher how dumb he is. That is a pretty accurate picture of your antics. Bless your little heart (another line I bet you hear regularly).

1 hour ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

How many people here support biden, or think he’s doing a great job?

Literally 1 person, maybe 2. This constant “what about Biden” retort is lame and boring. Obviously he SUCKS so why do we need a trillion topics repeating the same thing over and over and over 

The vast majority of posters here have binary brains. Why is it always “one or the other” here? Serious lack of brain capacity it seems. Divide and conquer 101, and you guys keep falling for it, like you fall for everything else 

You never fail to dumb down the conversation...and hilariously add unfounded "arrogance" to boot. Too bad you didn't live 100 years ago...when people paid to laugh at freaks. You could have joined the Barnum and Baily circus, getting paid to spew your special kind of "intelligence". The laughter would have been worth the price of admission. 

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Name one.

Border wall construction, annihilating Isis, putting Un in his place, standing up to Iran, bringing jobs back to America, unemployment at its lowest in decades, an economy that was second to none……there are more, but you said one. Can you name any Biden has done for America? No reason for me to wait you out because there are none.

40 minutes ago, Hagar said:

If you buy that “cutting the deficit” 🐂💩, I’ve a Snow Ski Resort in Jasper to sell you.  As economists the reason we have such bad inflation and the majority will tell you it’s because of Govt spending.  If they spent (gave away) so much to destroy our economy, pray tell, how did they cut the deficit?  

Gramps, please re-read my post as it looks like we’re in agreement re: government spending. 

Where we disagree is who is to blame. I blame both team democrat and team republican. You only blame team democrat, from what I’ve seen. You’ve drank the Kool aid. 

26 minutes ago, Englebert said:

You never fail to dumb down the conversation...and hilariously add unfounded "arrogance" to boot. Too bad you didn't live 100 years ago...when people paid to laugh at freaks. You could have joined the Barnum and Baily circus, getting paid to spew your special kind of "intelligence". The laughter would have been worth the price of admission. 

Lol ok hillbilly boy 

5 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Lol ok hillbilly boy 

We couldn't expect any less of a response from you. Your attempt at intellectual retorts is just too comical. At least you try. Why is a mystery.

What was the topic of this thread? Oh yeah, ad hominem. Kudos for sticking to the topic.

11 minutes ago, Englebert said:

We couldn't expect any less of a response from you. Your attempt at intellectual retorts is just too comical. At least you try. Why is a mystery.

What was the topic of this thread? Oh yeah, ad hominem. Kudos for sticking to the topic.

And you’re going to continue being single until the day you die, because you’re so annoying lol 

29 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Gramps, please re-read my post as it looks like we’re in agreement re: government spending. 

Where we disagree is who is to blame. I blame both team democrat and team republican. You only blame team democrat, from what I’ve seen. You’ve drank the Kool aid. 

Exactly right! It's both parties doing the spending, it takes both sides to get things passed

The last administration started the stimulus packages and this administration kept it going, its 45th and 46th fault were in this mess

Ppl dumb enough to elect a bankrupt clown to save America LMAO.. now look at America's deficit 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Trump’s record deficit after record deficit finally caught up

32 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Trump’s record deficit after record deficit finally caught up

Get real, everyone.  The only time the deficit has been cut by either Party that I’m aware of, was when Bill Clinton, lead by a Republican Congress was able to do it.  Bi-partisanship, a long gone relic of the past.  And the only Party concerned about deficit spending is the one not in power.  So why anyone would initiate it’s use it in a political discussion is beyond me.  To do so is ridiculous, and to believe it is…..well, unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Get real, everyone.  The only time the deficit has been cut by either Party that I’m aware of, was when Bill Clinton, lead by a Republican Congress was able to do it.  Bi-partisanship, a long gone relic of the past.  And the only Party concerned about deficit spending is the one not in power.  So why anyone would initiate it’s use it in a political discussion is beyond me.  To do so is ridiculous, and to believe it is…..well, unbelievable.

Yet everyone in here constantly circlejerks about bidens spending

4 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Yet everyone in here constantly circlejerks about bidens spending

His was over the top.  The primary complaint is not that his spending increased the deficit, it’s spending so much you create record inflation, which hurts everyone, especially the lower and middle class. 

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

His was over the top.  The primary complaint is not that his spending increased the deficit, it’s spending so much you create record inflation, which hurts everyone, especially the lower and middle class. 

lol come on man, you don’t know what you’re talking about

trillion dollar deficit - fine because trump

covid bailout - fine because trump

PPP scams - fine because trump

trump bucks - fine because trump

biden bucks - oh no that’s where you draw the line 

6 minutes ago, Hagar said:

What bothers me about the spending is the siphon channels that take care of the likes of Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff….. Can anyone believe how excited Schumer was over the passing of the $3 trillion+ infrastructure bill? Really???….but, but WE are the ones who “fall for stuff”.