Upcoming Scrimmages

6 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

For United, I was told by coach TB that it was difficult for her to find scrimmages and a few games.  St. Pius is actually the 2nd game for United on Thursday, November 8th, as we see, it won't be much of a game.

HJ has had the same problem and they also have a few open dates on their schedule.  I would love to see these 2 schools match up!

Lumberton vs Barbers Hill scrimmage last night was in the format of four separate quarters where each quarter the coaches seemed to work on different sets and player lineups in each of the quarters.

IMO in terms of the Varsity game, Barbers Hill  looked pretty sharp and played with crispness and fast pace. They have a lot of length and really ran the dribble hand off well in their half court set. They rebounded well and transitioned to offense nicely, which got them a NUMBER of transition baskets. They ran man and different zone defenses at times through the game, and looked pretty far along in terms of understanding team defense concepts.

Lumberton effort was good, but the roster is still being determined based on what I saw with all the different lineups that were used throughout the night. This in turn made the play a little choppy at times on both sides of the ball, as all the girls haven't assimilated the sets that Lumberton runs on offense, and haven't had time to gel defensively to the level Coach is looking for.

As Raider24 had posted a few days back, it is largely a young team, and it will take a little time to get up to the speed and intensity that the good programs in the area play at. That being said, there were some nice flashes by the group of guards Lumberton has, and the post play looks to be an area that can be a plus offensively, once the running of the plays becomes more efficient. 

Lumberton will benefit from the scrimmage this Saturday, as their biggest need appears to be playing in "Game" situations at "Game" speed.

I believe Barbers Hill plays Legacy this Friday Nov 2nd, which should be a good game/scrimmage to watch. Please correct me if I am wrong about the date of this game.

17 hours ago, Mean Machine said:

Lumberton @ Woodville Scrimmage this Sat Nov 3rd. Woodville, Jasper, and Woden is who they will scrimmage. I also saw on handout that Warren is on the schedule playing Woden and Jasper.

10:00 Lumberton vs Woodville

11:00 Lumberton vs Woden

12:00 Lumberton vs Jasper

Is Lumberton still in volleyball playoffs?