Newton 51 Gilmer 31/FINAL

WOSgrad

Well I think we covered the spread!! And we probably scored more on the Eagles than anyone else will the rest of the year. 

On the other hand we at this moment have a loosing record @2-3 for the first time since about 2001. It's been a tough schedule.......but loosing records don't sit too well with the folks around here. We should get a W with Center next week but who the heck knows about district. The only thing anyone can tell you is that Spring Hill is going to be last place. Other than that it is up for grabs. 

Gilmer is the best offence team we have faced this year. WO-S is the best defensive team we have faced this year. Both of those teams will go far in the playoffs. I think Gilmer is a better team than WO-S.  Newton will be down next year, but look out in two years when our 8th grade team become sophomores. This is one of the best group of kids that have come through Newton.

Gilmer, WOS, Silsbee all have good football teams. Newton has and exceptional football team and probably one of the best teams in history for a team of it's size. Im just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. The better, these larger teams that Newton h as s beaten does, the better it makes Newtons Legacy. I hope they all do well and believe they will.

23 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Gilmer is the best offence team we have faced this year. WO-S is the best defensive team we have faced this year. Both of those teams will go far in the playoffs. I think Gilmer is a better team than WO-S.  Newton will be down next year, but look out in two years when our 8th grade team become sophomores. This is one of the best group of kids that have come through Newton.

I was just thinking about this very thing. My thoughts were : If a team is looking forward to Newton being down next year and expecting to beat them down. Not gonna happen so easy. I think Newton will be better than most think next year. Newton is never bad... Period.