Summer 7on7 Tourneys

TexazBall

5 hours ago, GCMNation5 said:

Yea. West Brook is fast. Silsbe didn’t impress me to much.  

Yea, Silsbee was ok.  They rotated between like 3 qb's.  One was nervous, one had a strong arm but not accurate, and the southpaw kid just need more reps.  They'll be ok, especial considering that Silsbee is a running team in the fall.

WB is GOOD.  They have serious speed on the edges and they have some kids with hops that can just go and get it over the top.  Also, the WB QB has a cannon of an arm.  They just look physically more imposing than Dayton, Nederland, or Silsbee.  You can tell they've been working since after football season.

Dayton has some speed, QB not impressive.  

Nederland has some kids that run crisp routs.  

I didn't really pay much attention to GCM.

Westbrook is ranked as one of the best 7on7 teams in the State. I don’t think they’ve lost a game yet, and crazy part is they’re doing all this without there starting QB (L’araven) Last years JV Qb Is the starter right now. 

i wish Memorial, P.N.G and United was out there, no offense to the teams in attendance other then maybe Dayton or Nederland maybe, but I wanna see WB against teams like Memorial, P.N.G or United, most teams from this area are run first, plus those 3 teams will have the athletes to compete against WB 

jasper won pool B btw 

while Beaumont kelly came in 2nd 

8 hours ago, D3zii said:

Westbrook is ranked as one of the best 7on7 teams in the State. I don’t think they’ve lost a game yet, and crazy part is they’re doing all this without there starting QB (L’araven) Last years JV Qb Is the starter right now. 

i wish Memorial, P.N.G and United was out there, no offense to the teams in attendance other then maybe Dayton or Nederland maybe, but I wanna see WB against teams like Memorial, P.N.G or United, most teams from this area are run first, plus those 3 teams will have the athletes to compete against WB 

jasper won pool B btw 

I agree.  Memorial has a new kid at the helmet that has impressed a lot of people, but they're in spring ball.  

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I didn't really pay much attention to GCM.

That’s what we wanted. Our offense yesterday was 4 freshman Wrs, sophomore,and one to be JR. And Sophomore Qb  

Defense was a mix of Freshman sophomore and Jr. 

We moved the ball well all day. Had some rookie 7on7 mistakes and blew one with Nederland.  Should have finished 3-1. 

9 hours ago, D3zii said:

Westbrook is ranked as one of the best 7on7 teams in the State. I don’t think they’ve lost a game yet, and crazy part is they’re doing all this without there starting QB (L’araven) Last years JV Qb Is the starter right now

jasper won pool B btw 

Yes, Elia said he was nursing an injury (surgery) and wouldn't play, but was there to support.  That current QB, they say he's a sophmore looked good.  Didn't have many bad looking passes.

6 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

United has put together a 7 on 7 team, they played at another location yesterday.  Being that they are district foes and crosstown rivals, I don't know how many tournaments that you are going to see them at that West Brook is participating in.

Yea in eager to see them, hope to catch them at a local tounry soon

Heard they have one coming up at Legacy next week and Kelly week.after. not sure who all will be in attendance 

WEST HARDIN 7on7 SQT
Pool A:
West Hardin 
Mount Enterprise
Deweyville 
Frankston

Pool B:
Lovelady
Ganado
Shelbyville
Burton

9:00 am
Mount Enterprise vs. West Hardin (Scoreboard side of the field)
Lovelady vs. Ganado (105 side of the field

10:00 am
Deweyville vs. Frankston (Scoreboard side of the field)
Shelbyville vs. Burton (105 side of the field)

11:00 am
Deweyville vs. West Hardin (Scoreboard side of the field)
Shelbyville vs. Lovelady (105 side of the field)

12:00
Frankston vs. Mount Enterprise (Scoreboard side of the field)
Burton vs. Ganado (105 side of the field)

1:00
West Hardin vs. Frankston (Scoreboard side of the field)
Lovelady vs. Burton (105 side of the field)

2:00
Mount Enterprise vs. Deweyville (Scoreboard side of the field)
Ganado vs. Shelbyville (105 side of the field)

3:00
Winner of Pool B vs. Winner of Pool A (Scoreboard side of the field)

10 hours ago, TexazBall said:

How is GCM looking this year, any reason to be optimistic?

There is always reason to be optimistic when moving out of North Shores District right lol. 

We will still be young but with better SR leadership then last year I hope.  Qb will be a Jr now with a year under his belt and alot of summer work so it should be an upgrade back there. Depending on what plays out during the Summer we have a 4 WR's that can all play.  Just got to see how it all comes together.

On 5/20/2018 at 0:14 AM, D3zii said:

jasper won pool B btw 

Kountze went 1-2-1 

Beat Jasper 13-12

Lost to Lumberton 21-20 (Last play of the game) 

Lost to LCM 19-14

Tied with Kelly 13-13

Westbrook is absolutely loaded on the defensive side of the ball for sure. There were hardly any open receivers the whole day. The play with speed, heart, and very discipline.