Port Neches-Groves @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

5 hours ago, dj said:

Well here you go then. Alot are picking this to be a blowout. I will assure you it want.  From the start I picked PNG to win the District and I said a couple of weeks ago that they would beat PAM. They will struggle against central.  The strength of central defense is there secondary. Png wrs will see more man coverage then they have seen all year. And press coverage will bother them.and PAM showed wat not to do wen u get a lead.conserverative on both side of the ball.lets not bring up refs lol. But if png is able to run the ball on them.long nite jags. 28-21 either way. And it want surprise me if central won.

PNG does have a running game, it's just not used as much. I think if it came down to it we could move the ball running. It will be interesting to see man coverage on our receivers, if Riggs has good coverage, Stansbury and Hughes will open up. Also Hebert and Lane out of the backfield are dangerous. So if they are completely covered then Shug and Deslatte running could really be trouble for a defense.

14 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

PNG does have a running game, it's just not used as much. I think if it came down to it we could move the ball running. It will be interesting to see man coverage on our receivers, if Riggs has good coverage, Stansbury and Hughes will open up. Also Hebert and Lane out of the backfield are dangerous. So if they are completely covered then Shug and Deslatte running could really be trouble for a defense.

Good Lord.....you would think that everyone on PNG's offense was blessed and sent by the Football Gods themselves the way yall are hyping them up. I know yalls offense is really good and yall have alotta confidence in yall boys and there's nothing wrong with that.....but anybody can get beat on any night(ask Nederland) and anyone can get shut down at anytime. Central has offensive weapons too and if Davis plays well enough i know Central could score alotta points as well. And i know the Jags D will play lights out. Pump ya breaks Indian fans. We know your team is good but some humility would be nice.

7 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Good Lord.....you would think that everyone on PNG's offense was blessed and sent by the Football Gods themselves the way yall are hyping them up. I know yalls offense is really good and yall have alotta confidence in yall boys and there's nothing wrong with that.....but anybody can get beat on any night(ask Nederland) and anyone can get shut down at anytime. Central has offensive weapons too and if Davis plays well enough i know Central could score alotta points as well. And i know the Jags D will play lights out. Pump ya breaks Indian fans. We know your team is good but some humility would be nice.

no pumping on the brakes here, we got our foot on the gas and we are ying yanging the clutch! I think What Frodo is trying to tell you this year PNG has some very good athletes, not players. You cant cover them all, Riggs will demand double coverage if you don't  he will make you pay. If Faircloth spreads all the wideouts like he is known to do the running lanes will be there for Shug or #5 cant spell his name without butchering it up,lol  yes you are right anyone can be beat, I know yall excited because you got a win against the bull pups but this NDN team on offense is fun to watch. And, yes im sure the Jags will find a way to score. Im gonna say this till im blue in the face, we just need them to make a few stops, weather the storm and  let the offense do the rest! Not saying it will be a blowout but it will be high scoring

10 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

no pumping on the brakes here, we got our foot on the gas and we are ying yanging the clutch! I think What Frodo is trying to tell you this year PNG has some very good athletes, not players. You cant cover them all, Riggs will demand double coverage if you don't  he will make you pay. If Faircloth spreads all the wideouts like he is known to do the running lanes will be there for Shug or #5 cant spell his name without butchering it up,lol  yes you are right anyone can be beat, I know yall excited because you got a win against the bull pups but this NDN team on offense is fun to watch. And, yes im sure the Jags will find a way to score. Im gonna say this till im blue in the face, we just need them to make a few stops, weather the storm and  let the offense do the rest! Not saying it will be a blowout but it will be high scoring

I can assure that if we put Gants on Riggs we wont have to double cover him. Our secondary will be on the job for sure. And if Davis plays smart and makes good throws our receiving core can eat up yalls defense as well. I expect Foster and Corbin to have a great night. But if our QB plays lights out its gonna be game on for sure

36 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

I can assure that if we put Gants on Riggs we wont have to double cover him. Our secondary will be on the job for sure. And if Davis plays smart and makes good throws our receiving core can eat up yalls defense as well. I expect Foster and Corbin to have a great night. But if our QB plays lights out its gonna be game on for sure

we shall see, no one has stopped Riggs yet! I agree you can have success throwing the ball, don't doubt it for a sec. But like we said there is more than just Riggs. Yall got me wanting to see that secondary now. got the makings of a great game.

12 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

we shall see, no one has stopped Riggs yet! I agree you can have success throwing the ball, don't doubt it for a sec. But like we said there is more than just Riggs. Yall got me wanting to see that secondary now. got the makings of a great game.

Lets jus agree that both offenses have many weapons....i jus think yall are a little bit better at gettin the rock to all of your playmakers

This is what we do know.  PN-G's defense as a whole isn't that good.  We also know that Central's secondary is exceptional, at least so far.  AND Central's defense did great against Ward from Lumberton.  Not hyping this game up,  it Central won't be laying down on this game.  If we win, this coaching staff would have done something that the last  2 coaching regime couldn't do, sweep Mid County.  BTW, the previous Central HC is still winless in Killeen...

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is what we do know.  PN-G's defense as a whole isn't that good.  We also know that Central's secondary is exceptional, at least so far.  AND Central's defense did great against Ward from Lumberton.  Not hyping this game up,  it Central won't be laying down on this game.  If we win, this coaching staff would have done something that the last  2 coaching regime couldn't do, sweep Mid County.  BTW, the previous Central HC is still winless in Killeen...

Poor Foreman lol

11 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

New caney might be d2 this year depending if kingwood park gets in.  If that happens porter and Kp goes d1 with the loser of nc and Crosby drawing png 1st round

10 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

New caney might be d2 this year depending if kingwood park gets in.  If that happens porter and Kp goes d1 with the loser of nc and Crosby drawing png 1st round

Yea, still a lot of football to be played.  Both districts will come down to the last week.

14 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Same thing happened in port neches.  Especially in the 2nd half......

Or maybe those teams play just play with a lot of intensity. They play hard and fast and can’t control their mistakes. Like the defender that runs up to the line of scrimmage as the ball is being snapped. Sometimes he times it just right and sometimes he gets called offside, which in high school it’s almost always offsides. Hell, even NFL players get it wrong sometimes. The high school players and teams that play with that kind of intensity on offense and defense and are VERY disciplined are usually ranked in the top five in the state. And I think the more intense that these guys play, they are watched a little closer by the refs. And yeah, they are going to miss some penalties and when guys are playing hard and fast they are goin to make mistakes and get caught. The faster you play the more likely you are to make a mistake 

8 hours ago, dj said:

Well here you go then. Alot are picking this to be a blowout. I will assure you it want.  From the start I picked PNG to win the District and I said a couple of weeks ago that they would beat PAM. They will struggle against central.  The strength of central defense is there secondary. Png wrs will see more man coverage then they have seen all year. And press coverage will bother them.and PAM showed wat not to do wen u get a lead.conserverative on both side of the ball.lets not bring up refs lol. But if png is able to run the ball on them.long nite jags. 28-21 either way. And it want surprise me if central won.

"No Fly Zone"

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

Thanks Bia, I thought I was being as humble as possible. I am not one to stir the pot. All I was saying is that this year we are not one dimensional.  I never said the Jags couldn't stop us. I even said it is always a hard fought game, which I believe it will be this year. 

3 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

Didn't say we'd hold yall to 7 but its not gonna be a runaway gamr like u think it will. History shows that this will be a tight one

I didn't think Nederland would sit on 7 for most of the night before finishing with 17.  I didn't think Lumberton would sit on 0 for most of the night before finishing with 6.  Anything is possible...