About last night.....Hanging with Bigbro

RoschonsBigBro

One of the best games I have seen personally. The emotions were high and all over. I never hugged so many people and given so many high 5's in my life. It started like one big arse whooping....I thought that I had made the drive down from New Orleans to Port Neches just to see my brothers team get demolished. It was set up to be a blow out. As one man said who sat next to me "It's like they poured a bucket of grease on #25! We can't tackle him any time he touches the ball. It was the truth. Hines danced around, zoomed past, ran over (isn't he 160-170lbs!), and carried Indian defenders making everything look effortless. Our DBs were struggling. On many occasions they didn't even look for the ball. Simply just ran into the recievers drawing PI penalties. It was almost comical. By halftime it was 30-14. This is what I was afraid of. 

Then the 3rd quarter rolled around.....and something happened. The Indians defense, who still struggled to contain became much more aggressive. They went to their "Screw it" formation. I call it"Screw it" because nothing else was working and it looked liked the coach said "screw it" lol. You know, the one where they man up with all the WRs and blitz everyone else? Its essentially called a 0 coverage in the NFL and college because their is no safety help. Very easy to complete passes if you have time. But it started to work. Hines and Jones still did their things even with the blitz. Just too slippery. We got a couple stops though. They made tackles they were supposed to make finally at the most crucial point in the game. The credit goes to them for allowing only 6 points the rest of the way.

This game was familiar in a way to last year. I had said before in some post that if Memorial wants to win they will have to play 4 quarters. SEE ITS ONLY GARBAGE POINTS WHEN YOU LOSE. ITS CALLED A COMEBACK WHEN YOU WIN! You could have stopped them from scoring 44 points, thats usually how a team loses.

Preston Riggs is a monster. He has been running wide open and burning defenses for 2 years straight. Best reciever in the district and I'm saying SETX. Lil Jordy Nelson out there making people look foolish. What a game and to step up when the team needs him most. His dad was so hype and had to be proud of the way he stepped up. He threw two TD passes and caught two as well. What a player!

Roschon Johnson 12-24 164 yds 2 TD

21 carries, 124 yds 2 TD

1 rec. 43 yds 1 TD

What can I not say about Shug. Memorial bust him up pretty good. Sacks, hits, pressures, he got it all. There were plays were I wasn't sure he would even get back up. But he did every time. This PAM defense is one the best high school defenses I have witnessed personally. Speed all over the field. However he came to play. I can say personally that Shug is the type of kid that doesn't care about the score or time. He always feels like he can win. He has the mentality and the ability. Plain and simple.

To Kronos- Thank you for all your saltiness about this game. It does my heart well. Now its your turn to wait a year and think about all the things that could've happened. I'll be sure to remind you of it all. I BET IT HURT SEEING SHUG SCORE PASSING, RUSHING, AND RECIEVING! 2nd or 3rd best QB my arse! DID HE LOOK SLOW ON THE WAY TO THE END ZONE? I bet he did. From where I was sitting, he looked like a purple Gazelle.

To the few Nederland fans- Whose logic was we couldn't score on them (PAM) so yall probably wont either. Or I cant see yall putting over 30 on them. FOOLISHNESS! Yall don't have the Preston Riggs, Preston Hughes, or Shug. The end. See ya at MCM!

To everyone else-That was a great showing from both teams. I was proud of my hometown team and my adopted Indians for how they showed heart and resolve.

A wise man sitting next to me told me "We just need to weather the storm and things will be ok,." Turned out he was right.

16 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

One of the best games I have seen personally. The emotions were high and all over. I never hugged so many people and given so many high 5's in my life. It looked like one big arse whooping....I thought that I had made the drive down from New Orleans to Port Neches just to see my brothers team get demolished. It was set up to be a blow out. As one man said who sat next to me "It's like they poured a bucket of grease on #25! We can't tackle him any time he touches the ball. It was the truth. Hines danced around, zoomed past, ran over (isn't he 160-170lbs!), and carried Indian defenders making everything look effortless. Our DBs were struggling. On many occasions they didn't even look for the ball. Simply just ran into the recievers drawing PI penalties. It was almost comical. By halftime it was 30-14. This is what I was afraid of. 

Then the 3rd quarter rolled around.....and something happened. The Indians defense, who still struggled to contain became much more aggressive. They went to their "Screw it" formation. I call it"Screw it" because nothing else was working and it looked liked the coach said "screw it" lol. You know, the one where they man up with all the WRs and blitz everyone else? Its essentially called a 0 coverage in the NFL and college because their is no safety help. Very easy to complete passes if you have time. But it started to work. Hines and Jones still did their things even with the blitz. Just too slippery. We got a couple stops though. They made tackles they were supposed to make finally at the most crucial point in the game. The credit goes to them for allowing only 6 points the rest of the way.

This game was familiar in a way to last year. I had said before in some post that if Memorial wants to win they will have to play 4 quarters. SEE ITS ONLY GARBAGE POINTS WHEN YOU LOSE. ITS CALLED A COMEBACK WHEN YOU WIN! You could have stopped them from scoring 44 points, thats usually how a team loses.

Preston Riggs is a monster. He has been running wide open and burning defenses for 2 years straight. Best reciever in the district and I'm saying SETX. Lil Jordy Nelson out there making people look foolish. What a game and to step up when the team needs him most. His dad was so hype and had to be proud of the way he stepped up. He threw two TD passes and caught two as well. What a player!

21 carries, 124 yds 2 TD

1 rec. 43 yds 1 TD

What can I not say about Shug. Memorial bust him up pretty good. Sacks, hits, pressures, he got it all. There were plays were I wasn't sure he would even get back up. But he did every time. This PAM defense is one the best high school defenses I have witnessed personally. Speed all over the field. However he came to play. I can say personally that Shug is the type of kid that doesn't care about the score or time. He always feels like he can win. He has the mentality and the ability. Plain and simple.

To Kronos- Thank you for all your saltiness about this game. It does my heart well. Now its your turn to wait a year and think about all the things that could've happened. I'll be sure to remind you of it all. I BET IT HURT SEEING SHUG SCORE PASSING, RUSHING, AND RECIEVING! 2nd or 3rd best QB my arse! DID HE LOOK SLOW ON THE WAY TO THE END ZONE? I bet he did. From where I was sitting, he looked like a purple Gazelle.

To the few Nederland fans- Whose logic was we couldn't score on them (PAM) so yall probably wont either. Or I cant see yall putting over 30 on them. FOOLISHNESS! Yall don't have the Preston Riggs, Preston Hughes, or Shug. The end. See ya at MCM!

To everyone else-That was a great showing from both teams. I was proud of my hometown team and my adopted Indians for how they showed heart and resolve.

A wise man sitting next to me told me "We just need to weather the storm and things will be ok,." Turned out he was right.

Pretty good post...

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I don't understand how people can see this kid play and not be impressed. 

Kronos and the other Memorial posters are impressed.  It a just that you're missing their point.  Y'all are raving over Boy Wonder and athletes in  PA come a dime a dozen.  

Me personally, I think no one touches this kid except the Elia kid from WB...

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Kronos and the other Memorial posters are impressed.  It a just that you're missing their point.  Y'all are raving over Boy Wonder and athletes in  PA come a dime a dozen.  

I know that because I'm from Port Arthur and watched the majority of the recent guys. I grew up watching Danny Gorrer, Jamaal Charles, Shanderick Charles, Calvin Roberts, Ricky Wilson, James Johnson of TJ etc. Elandon Roberts parents were my next door neighbor when we were children. I love the PAT athletes.

Its just that this is my brother #1. And you are right, athletes like Shug are a dime a dozen in PAT but not in PNG. They usually watch those guys from the other side of the field. Its their time now and the PNG fans should enjoy it. Hell, Roschon is a Port Arthur native. He just goes to school there and lives there now. 

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You know we've had some good QB's come thru, this one though....

8 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I know that because I'm from Port Arthur and watched the majority of the recent guys. I grew up watching Danny Gorrer, Jamaal Charles, Shanderick Charles, Calvin Wilson, James Johnson of TJ etc. Elandon Roberts parents were my next door neighbor when we were children. I love the PAT athletes.

Its just that this is my brother #1. And you are right, athletes like Shug are a dime a dozen in PAT but not in PNG. They usually watch those guys from the other side of the field. Its their time now and the PNG fans should enjoy it. Hell, Roschon is a Port Arthur native. He just goes to school there and lives there now. 

Interesting.  I was told he was home grown...

31 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

One of the best games I have seen personally. The emotions were high and all over. I never hugged so many people and given so many high 5's in my life. It started like one big arse whooping....I thought that I had made the drive down from New Orleans to Port Neches just to see my brothers team get demolished. It was set up to be a blow out. As one man said who sat next to me "It's like they poured a bucket of grease on #25! We can't tackle him any time he touches the ball. It was the truth. Hines danced around, zoomed past, ran over (isn't he 160-170lbs!), and carried Indian defenders making everything look effortless. Our DBs were struggling. On many occasions they didn't even look for the ball. Simply just ran into the recievers drawing PI penalties. It was almost comical. By halftime it was 30-14. This is what I was afraid of. 

21 carries, 124 yds 2 TD

1 rec. 43 yds 1 TD

Sure am glad he committed to UT! Been a big UT fan since I was a kid. He’s a phenomenal athlete! You have every right to be proud of him! See y’all Friday! Can’t wait!