Realignment

oldschool2

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I will be interested to hear what numbers Livingston turns in.

As am I.  But it looks like I will have to wait 10 business days to find out.  I have just been instructed to get their snapshot number, I will have to submit a Freedom of Information request.

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Any idea of where they will land?

Well, there is no way of telling with the UIL.  But given the predictions that he has seen, not only Matt Stepp's but Carl Padilla's, he and I agreed that Lumberton will probably be one of, if not the, smallest school in 5A when the realignment comes out.  He even made a request to change the mascot from the "Raiders" to the "Unluckies."

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, there is no way of telling with the UIL.  But given the predictions that he has seen, not only Matt Stepp's but Carl Padilla's, he and I agreed that Lumberton will probably be one of, if not the, smallest school in 5A when the realignment comes out.  He even made a request to change the mascot from the "Raiders" to the "Unluckies."

That wont be good for the program.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

HAHA you ain't lying. That would be a tough break for those guys. Should have talked some parents into "un-enrolling" for a week vacation.

50 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Still having faith that we can drop down. Sure would be a lot more fun for us little guys lol

1 hour ago, Raiders94 said:

That wont be good for the program.

It won't be any different than what the program is already used to.  Currently, we are the 5th smallest 5A in the state.  it doesn't do any good to belly-ache about it.  If it happens again, we just deal with it.  There are plenty of great lessons to be taught with always being the smallest and constantly being an underdog.  But will it hurt in the Win/Loss column?  Sure it will, but oh well.  Gotta play the hand that we're dealt no matter how crappy it is.   Life is going to deal you some pretty crappy hands at times, so teach the kids to learn to deal with it.

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

It won't be any different than what the program is already used to.  Currently, we are the 5th smallest 5A in the state.  it doesn't do any good to belly-ache about it.  If it happens again, we just deal with it.  There are plenty of great lessons to be taught with always being the smallest and constantly being an underdog.  But will it hurt in the Win/Loss column?  Sure it will, but oh well.  Gotta play the hand that we're dealt no matter how crappy it is.   Life is going to deal you some pretty crappy hands at times, so teach the kids to learn to deal with it.

Well, it wasn't like Coach Babin predicted gloom and doom.  He noted that in the 3 years that he has been there, the Raiders have almost as many wins as they did in the 6 years before that.  Just because he thinks they will be the small fish doesn't mean he believes they will be easy prey.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, it wasn't like Coach Babin predicted gloom and doom.  He noted that in the 3 years that he has been there, the Raiders have almost as many wins as they did in the 6 years before that.  Just because he thinks they will be the small fish doesn't mean he believes they will be easy prey.

Regardless of where we end up next year, what he’s done with the program in just 3 years has been pretty good considering the lack of talent and numbers that we have.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh I know. I don't doubt our coaches at all. The coaching staff we have is rock solid. 

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

WOS has made a living as a smaller school