Crosby vs Manvel Week 1

songone

I him, a couple of people already touched on what the first goal should be. I still to this day think the '15 season ends differently if Grace doesn't blowĀ his knee out against Angleton.Ā 

I think if Garrison Johnson is eligible play the task gets much harder, seen a lot of preseason film with him and A&M commit Deneric Prince in the backfield together. Johnson looks to be the lead back though, runs it a lot like Pennemon. I think Crosby has a solid front seven but I we're going to struggle to stop Manvel from running th ball between the tackles. IMO this will have more to do with the outcome of the game than any other factor.Ā 

Preston gets all the hype IMO he's always been the second or third best receiver on his team. While he's a game changer he doesn't really effect the game at the high school level like Missouri commit Kam Scott across from him, I think PrestonĀ only had two 100 yard games out of 14 last year. I think it plays well that Martin isn't a runner and Crosby should be able to focus strictly on coverage, that being said I don't see us being able to cover Manvel's receivers with any real effectiveness.Ā 

All in all if Manvel comes out and executes cleanly those three tds Songone is talking about are a good bet, even if we do the same. I would like to see Crosby putĀ 40 points on Manvel's defense or at least get close.Ā We may give up 60 but if we're operating efficiently enough to score at that clip on the #1 team in the state,Ā I would be awful scared to line up with Crosby ten weeks laterĀ come the D2 playoffs.Ā 

I reallyĀ wanted to play this one to other see where we were but one less opportunity for injury may be just beneficial.Ā With the cancellation of this gameĀ look for Crosby to have its second undefeated regularĀ season in two years.Ā 

Without the probable loss to Manvel on the schedule there is a very good chance Crosby runs their record to 10-0 and has the hype train onceĀ again behind them when we line up with FB Marshall in the second round.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I reallyĀ wanted to play this one to other see where we were but one less opportunity for injury may be just beneficial.Ā With the cancellation of this gameĀ look for Crosby to have its second undefeated regularĀ season in two years.Ā 

Without the probable loss to Manvel on the schedule there is a very good chance Crosby runs their record to 10-0 and has the hype train onceĀ again behind them when we line up with FB Marshall in the second round.Ā 

Did you Attend the Nederland Scrimmage?

47 minutes ago, One4All said:

Did you Attend the Nederland Scrimmage?

Yeah, watched it from whistle to whistle. In a realĀ game with the ones playing Craig Williams probably runs for close to 200 yard with a few tds and Jaiden Howard probably throws for close to 300 yardsĀ and a few more tds. Nederland probably scores in the twenties and Crosby in the forties or even fifties.

Nederland is very small and would struggle to play four quarters with Crosby in a real game, can't over-analyze what you see in a scrimmage. Especially when you're swapping kids out during supposed 1 v 1 portion. To be honest, I would be surprised if they finish higher than 4th in their district.Ā 

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, watched it from whistle to whistle. In a realĀ game with the ones playing Craig Williams probably runs for close to 200 yard with a few tds and Jaiden Howard probably throws for close to 300 yardsĀ and a few more tds. Nederland probably scores in the twenties and Crosby in the forties or even fifties.

Nederland is very small and would struggle to play four quarters with Crosby in a real game, can't over-analyze what you see in a scrimmage. Especially when you're swapping kids out during supposed 1 v 1 portion. To be honest, I would be surprised if they finish higher than 4th in their district.Ā 

Those stats are a little bit inflated, Crosby didn't even score with the ball the first go-round 1v1 .... I recall and INTĀ Ā and very few rushing yards..Ā 

11 minutes ago, One4All said:

Those stats are a little bit inflated, Crosby didn't even score with the ball the first go-round 1v1 .... I recall and INTĀ Ā and very few rushing yards..Ā 

The first time Crosby got the ball they went aboutĀ 60 yards in a few plays and pulled Williams on fist and goal and didn't putĀ him back in. Howard also wasn't live and couldn't run the ball in a goal to go situation which is something Nederland has little to no chance stopping if we were to go read optionĀ with him and Williams there. Even prior to the play he threwĀ the pick Ned had blown one of many coverages and #88 was wide open in the end zone but he's coming off a broken collar bone and I'm not sure he was live either even though he wasn't wearing aĀ yellow jersey.Ā 

Nederland is tiny, Crosby would wear them out a lot like we always end up doingĀ BH because they get beat up at the line of scrimmage and worn down from chasing players like #11 who shredded Ned every time he touched it. Don't look anymore into it than Crosby trying to stay healthy. We have bigger aspirations than just making the playoffs in Cougarland.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The first time Crosby got the ball they went aboutĀ 60 yards in a few plays and pulled Williams on fist and goal and didn't putĀ him back in. Howard also wasn't live and couldn't run the ball in a goal to go situation which is something Nederland has little to no chance stopping if we were to go read optionĀ with him and Williams there. Even prior to the play he threwĀ the pick Ned had blown one of many coverages and #88 was wide open in the end zone but he's coming off a broken collar bone and I'm not sure he was live either even though he wasn't wearing aĀ yellow jersey.Ā 

Nederland is tiny, Crosby would wear them out a lot like we always end up doingĀ BH because they get beat up at the line of scrimmage and worn down from chasing players like #11 who shredded Ned every time he touched it. Don't look anymore into it than Crosby trying to stay healthy. We have bigger aspirations than just making the playoffs in Cougarland.Ā 

Lmao. Shots. I like it.Ā 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What are the aspirations?Ā 

59 minutes ago, One4All said:

Nope They pulled Williams on the 20yardline... How is that 1st& Goal..... Ā Int was 2plays later......Williams ran the ball on 1st Down

Exactly, they pulled Williams. You think that happens in a real game? The backup rb #2 ran the ball down there, Howard wasn't even live so all Ned had to do even when Williams was in the game was run straight to him because the qb couldn't run. Craig has played Ned twice in real games and has 19 touches for 202 yards from scrimmage, now imagine we give it to him 20+ times in one game as the starter against what y'all put out there for a defense.

Like I eluded to prior,Ā there's a reason DC's makes a notation at the bottom of Crosby'sĀ preseason write up they don't make for any other 5A team in the coverage area. There's also a reason Ned will probably miss the playoffs for the second straight year.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

What are the aspirations?Ā 

The first would be another undefeated regular season and district championship like the '15 season. The second is toĀ beat FB Marshall in the second round and win another regional crown. We'll see what happens from that point on.Ā 

*I've already made the assumption we'll be in the second round since Crosby has only lost one bi-district game the last nine years.Ā 

Exactly, they pulled Williams. You think that happens in a real game? The backup rb #2 ran the ball down there, Howard wasn't even live so all Ned had to do even when Williams was in the game was run straight to him because the qb couldn't run. Craig has played Ned twice in real games and has 19 touches for 202 yards from scrimmage, now imagine we give it to him 20+ times in one game as the starter against what y'all put out there for a defense.

Like I eluded to prior,Ā there's a reason DC's makes a notation at the bottom of Crosby'sĀ preseason write up they don't make for any other 5A team in the coverage area. There's also a reason Ned will probably miss the playoffs for the second straight year.Ā 

Not trying to nit pick butĀ what notations are DCs making for Crosby. New QB? Ā Last year, Vidor played a close game and theyĀ had among the worst passĀ D'sĀ and a Ā OffensiveĀ playbook of Ā aboutĀ 10 plays.Ā 

Once again incorrect..... Crosby is just okay don't make it out to be more than what it really is

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Not trying to nit pick butĀ what notations are DCs making for Crosby. New QB? Ā Last year, Vidor played a close game and theyĀ had among the worst passĀ D'sĀ and a Ā OffensiveĀ playbook of Ā aboutĀ 10 plays.Ā 

They are the MECCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Crosby only ran 28 offensive plays in that game and scored 33 points. That's with a pick 6 called back and another TD for holding behind the play. Vidor ran over 70 plays and was down 11 points win less than 2 mins left in the game. VidorĀ also tied for yourĀ district championship.Ā 

I we have different definitions of close. Crosby hammered BH 42-18, BH lost to PNG by 5 points and had the ball with a minute left and a chance to win. I guess you have to get the DC's to see what it says?

Ā