Review of BISD Hayne's case denied

Bigdog

Doubtful,  Maybe she's using all that money that she got for "paid assault leave" to pay for it.  Since she sat at home for almost a year and was paid $80k to do it.  Probably why she joined the Walker suit against everyone shes running out of money.

2 hours ago, GCMPats said:

If she is a member of certain teacher unions, they may be funding the appeals.

I don't think that teachers in TX have unions or collective bargaining. I believe that is only allowed for police officers and firefighters in the public sector. 

5 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I don't think that teachers in TX have unions or collective bargaining. I believe that is only allowed for police officers and firefighters in the public sector. 

No. We have unions. Texas American Federation of Teachers, Texas Classroom Teachers Association, and ATPE. They provide legal services, etc...We do not have Collective Bargaining. 

17 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

No. We have unions. Texas American Federation of Teachers, Texas Classroom Teachers Association, and ATPE. They provide legal services, etc...We do not have Collective Bargaining. 

I understand and that is what I was referring to. I guess five guys can buy an insurance policy and/or have a law firm on retainer and call themselves a union. Even joining AARP, NRA or many other organizations give legal benefits including in certain cases, lawyers. Therefore if you join the NRA I suppose you can say that you are part of a union.

I think that most people think of unions or unionizing as not merely a group of similar people but as bargaining committees/collective bargaining rights. That means contract negotiations for specific rights and working conditions including salary and other monetary benefits. Teachers do not have that.

Before my police department had collective bargaining rights through a vote of the public in an election, some officers in our department (including me) had a police association affiliated with Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas/CLEAT. It provided insurance legal representation for internal discipline and criminal charges if job related. We never called ourselves a union because..... we weren't. When we since unionized and gained collective bargaining and CLEAT still represents us but now in collective bargaining.

Neither teachers nor any other TX public workers (I think) are not in contract negotiated unions. They have no bargain rights. That was my only point. I believe that many or even most people think that everyone has the right to unionize and that simply isn't true in TX for any public employees (city, county, state, school district, etc.) except the police officers and firefighters. It does not even cover police/fire department employees such as secretaries, ID Techs, Lab Techs, dispatchers, etc. and only the officers and firefighters themselves.

There are no district union contracts or collective bargaining agreement that protects Haynes. She might be a member of an organization that has lawyers on retainer as can anyone including individuals. 

21 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I understand and that is what I was referring to. I guess five guys can buy an insurance policy and/or have a law firm on retainer and call themselves a union. Even joining AARP, NRA or many other organizations give legal benefits including in certain cases, lawyers. Therefore if you join the NRA I suppose you can say that you are part of a union.

I think that most people think of unions or unionizing as not merely a group of similar people but as bargaining committees/collective bargaining rights. That means contract negotiations for specific rights and working conditions including salary and other monetary benefits. Teachers do not have that.

Before my police department had collective bargaining rights through a vote of the public in an election, some officers in our department (including me) had a police association affiliated with Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas/CLEAT. It provided insurance legal representation for internal discipline and criminal charges if job related. We never called ourselves a union because..... we weren't. When we since unionized and gained collective bargaining and CLEAT still represents us but now in collective bargaining.

Neither teachers nor any other TX public workers (I think) are not in contract negotiated unions. They have no bargain rights. That was my only point. I believe that many or even most people think that everyone has the right to unionize and that simply isn't true in TX for any public employees (city, county, state, school district, etc.) except the police officers and firefighters. It does not even cover police/fire department employees such as secretaries, ID Techs, Lab Techs, dispatchers, etc. and only the officers and firefighters themselves.

There are no district union contracts or collective bargaining agreement that protects Haynes. She might be a member of an organization that has lawyers on retainer as can anyone including individuals. 

Ok and this means what about Ms Haynes?

3 hours ago, bulldogbacker said:

Ok and this means what about Ms Haynes?

You need to keep up. :)

bigdog asked who is funding Haynes.

GMCPats said that maybe some teacher's union if she is a member.

I said that have no unions. They certainly have no unions with any bargaining power which is what I was referring to.

GMCPats retorted that teacher have some associations that have no bargaining power but they like to refer to them as unions. 

I wrapped it up (so far) saying that when people typically refer to unions they are talking about collective bargaining rights and teachers and I believe no other public sector workers have a true union.... except police and firefighters.

So a union is not funding Haynes but some other professional association may be.

That is what is has to do with her. 

17 hours ago, tvc184 said:

You need to keep up. :)

bigdog asked who is funding Haynes.

GMCPats said that maybe some teacher's union if she is a member.

I said that have no unions. They certainly have no unions with any bargaining power which is what I was referring to.

GMCPats retorted that teacher have some associations that have no bargaining power but they like to refer to them as unions. 

I wrapped it up (so far) saying that when people typically refer to unions they are talking about collective bargaining rights and teachers and I believe no other public sector workers have a true union.... except police and firefighters.

So a union is not funding Haynes but some other professional association may be.

That is what is has to do with her. 

Been keeping up, just wasn't sure!

That is why I have Useless Rants thread.